Gold Coast v Richmond Round 1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gold Coast v Richmond Round 1

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
How did Steely Green go?
Not great. Just 4 possessions and one behind only. However I must say, the pressure applied all over the ground was fantastic all game and every player was involved in that. Morris has them playing for each other.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Another thing to note about McAulffe’s game was he didn’t waste a disposal. Was very clean and tidy with his use! A couple of right foot kicks too. We’ve gone into this week with guys like Baker and probably Ross likely to spend more time inside, but I’d love to see McAuliffe debut next week especially if Hopper is out for a few weeks. He and Sonsie I’d love to see play AFL ASAP

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
For some reason the Suns thought it was a good idea to just chip it around for the first 15 minutes of the last quarter so that inflated that stat

was very strange tactically.

ball control when your 3 goals down in the last?

I thought tigers looked leg weary in the 3rd. a few blokes gulping pickle juice. I thought they run over us.

then they gave us a 15 minute breather?

ive been Macca-focussed, but other things I saw

Sampson battled well. I think hes a bit down on confidence, which is good news. you can fix that in 5 minutes. shook the *smile* out of a few blokes.

Steely didn't have much opportunity. didn't do anything wrong. just one of those small forward days.

Sonz was very good.

Nay Nay did a good benny gale impression deep in defence in the last.

No.52, think he bacher academy kid? is a goer.

I hope we take El Nour mid season. he's raw, but he relentlessly plays in front, is mega athletic, and goes in and competes, and knows his limitations/shows great discipline and composure. I think he could do Gibbo's role and really come on. he gave Ethan reed 4 inches, and beat him 1:1 a couple of times, and got beat a couple of times.

Suns: Leo Lombard > Jake Rogers. he will go top 10 this year. Will graham is a real goer dimma will love and hell have a career.

(Kane Mccauliffe, pick 40, treated Jake Rogers, pick 14, will graham, pick 20, Leo Lombard, 2024 pick 5? like VFL players.

at one stage, the thought occurred to me that our Macca was only bullying other 18yo's. but I was transfixed by him and he was bullying everyone. he would have demolished jarred Witts if he was playing I reckon.)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Its the daylight savings .............................losing an hour , :))

it does do funny things.

ive lived on the border for 20 years, and that hour still does strange things to me.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
it does do funny things.

ive lived on the border for 20 years, and that hour still does strange things to me.
Sounds like Macca does too ............... :mhihi

No takin it Ezy this weekend baby let it rip ol son (y)

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
it does do funny things.

Living on the border, at least you can have sex for 63 minutes!!

What did you think of Nick Guiney?
Nicholas GUINEY

VFL62.png

18-Jan-2002 (21 years old), 3rd year in program, half back/inside mid/wing, 187cm

Local club - Old Xaverians (VAFA)

Will be like an exciting new recruit in 2024 after last season was wiped out with a debilitating foot injury. Was super impressive in his debut year in 2022 as a tough and athletic defender that can run through the midfield.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Living on the border, at least you can have sex for 63 minutes!!

What did you think of Nick Guiney?
Nicholas GUINEY

VFL62.png

18-Jan-2002 (21 years old), 3rd year in program, half back/inside mid/wing, 187cm

Local club - Old Xaverians (VAFA)

Will be like an exciting new recruit in 2024 after last season was wiped out with a debilitating foot injury. Was super impressive in his debut year in 2022 as a tough and athletic defender that can run through the midfield.

Didnt notice him,

But he could have been 2nd best on ground.

I became mesmerised by kane mccauliffe about 10 minutes in,

And trained my eyes on him for the remainder,

Even when he was on the bench

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Really liked Cumberland's game. 9 possessions but most led to goals. Roamed far and wide. His pressure was great and also seemed to be in control of his emotions.

Two nice goals himself. May stole another from him from a Cumbo free . A long range point and goals to Sonsie and Kositske from attacking Cumbo kicks.

If we get a 5 goal contribution from either Junior or Mansell tomorrow I'd be stoked (and surprised)
I was there today Lamby and you have summed it up beautifully - he was very good with opportunities he had

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
was very strange tactically.

ball control when your 3 goals down in the last?

I thought tigers looked leg weary in the 3rd. a few blokes gulping pickle juice. I thought they run over us.

then they gave us a 15 minute breather?

ive been Macca-focussed, but other things I saw

Sampson battled well. I think hes a bit down on confidence, which is good news. you can fix that in 5 minutes. shook the *smile* out of a few blokes.

Steely didn't have much opportunity. didn't do anything wrong. just one of those small forward days.

Sonz was very good.

Nay Nay did a good benny gale impression deep in defence in the last.

No.52, think he bacher academy kid? is a goer.

I hope we take El Nour mid season. he's raw, but he relentlessly plays in front, is mega athletic, and goes in and competes, and knows his limitations/shows great discipline and composure. I think he could do Gibbo's role and really come on. he gave Ethan reed 4 inches, and beat him 1:1 a couple of times, and got beat a couple of times.

Suns: Leo Lombard > Jake Rogers. he will go top 10 this year. Will graham is a real goer dimma will love and hell have a career.

(Kane Mccauliffe, pick 40, treated Jake Rogers, pick 14, will graham, pick 20, Leo Lombard, 2024 pick 5? like VFL players.

at one stage, the thought occurred to me that our Macca was only bullying other 18yo's. but I was transfixed by him and he was bullying everyone. he would have demolished jarred Witts if he was playing I reckon.)
Agree, being there Steely was ok. Stats are misleading.
El Nour, was very impressed. Loooong arms, stays engaged, is physical, and team orientated, really like him.
Kane MaCauliffe- well it’s all been said. Loved him, fmd is all I can say.
Cumbo is so good one on one and so creative. An exceptional VFL player, and I think should be AFL player

Reactions: 2 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Interesting, looks like they’ve potentially gone over the game and updated stats? Noticeable ones are Sonsie was 26 post game up to 30, another is Smith was 14 now up to 19. To my eye it looked like Smith definitely had more than 14 disposals. Looks like the stat counters for the game were about as competent as the commentatorsIMG_5735.png

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
There's a replay available for those interested. Commentary a little lacklustre but hey, better than a poke in the eye.

VFL Rd1

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Interesting, looks like they’ve potentially gone over the game and updated stats? Noticeable ones are Sonsie was 26 post game up to 30, another is Smith was 14 now up to 19. To my eye it looked like Smith definitely had more than 14 disposals. Looks like the stat counters for the game were about as competent as the commentatorsView attachment 22208

Yeah they always watch the replay and adjust stats 2-5 hrs later