Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
He tees off in the final pairing on the first day with Speith. Not sure that timeslot is the best for scoring although playing with Speith would be fun!

Speith must have a huge show as well. He has played the Masters 7 times and finished 1, T2 twice, 3rd, T11, T21 & T46. An amazing record. Shows you you simply need a dynamite short game and a creative bent to do well at Augusta as his driving is all over the place..
Good thing is he won’t have a huge wait between rounds

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Rory is an attractive price, Jazz.

Multi into Richmond makes three figures.
Love to see Rory win.

5 years today I was at Augusta, was only in Augusta for 12 hours , flew into Atlanta from NYC at midnight, got on a bus down to Augusta at 4 am , left Augusta at 4pm and flew to Chicago .

As everyone knows it’s a must to see if you haven’t been there, just so cool to be walking around, if you ever get the chance go on a practice day, so much easier to see the actual course. As soon as the rope drops head to the back nine , most hang around the first tee to see players , it’s also great because you can take photos, condition is awesome but no better then Metro, it’s funny how many shitty little bushes tha5 are out of character that are in the tree line . A must do is buy a cheese and pimento sandwich, take a bit, throw it in the bin , it is crap, like eating toothpaste .

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008
Adam Scott at $61 is good value, he normally plays pretty well at Augusta.
Has got a new driver which he used at the Honda Classic, finished T13. He is playing with that schmuck DeChambeau.

A good group to watch then and hoping for lots of Scott birdies and Bryson bogies

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Changed my mind. Now that I've finished working on Mr Burnside's chipping at the world renowned Redford P. Reds Academy of Golf, I'm going with him to win at $1000-1.

It was hard work (slow learner) but the new baseball grip I've given him finally seems to be working. Watch out !

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Changed my mind. Now that I've finished working on Mr Burnside's chipping at the world renowned Redford P. Reds Academy of Golf, I'm going with him to win at $1000-1.

It was hard work (slow learner) but the new baseball grip I've given him finally seems to be working. Watch out !
Very hard to have a good short game when you don’t miss greens .

Watching the old Masters on fox , can’t get over how bad the spike marks used to be , cost me many a tournament :cool:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Very hard to have a good short game when you don’t miss greens .

Watching the old Masters on fox , can’t get over how bad the spike marks used to be , cost me many a tournament :cool:

I'm watching it right now. (Some of the clothes that Stadler and Kite were wearing, you're still wearing to this day.)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Still watch Caddy Shack before every round, inspirational stuff

It's probably the best golf movie out of a very poor bunch. Tin Cup = embarrassing.

Not one actor in any golf movie I've seen, can get even a half professional looking swing going. Sh*house. In fact, the next golf movie should be about my courageous round off the back blocks at Pebble Beach in 1994 where, under the severe duress of a massive hangover from spending too long in the Pebble Beach Tap Room the night before, I shot an even par round to take the money from Bonster Bonnitcha and some decrepit old dude from Salinas. I could play myself, including real life application, or method acting, of the hangover.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So ole Woodsie was speeding. Shocked. And apparently doing 140 kph in a 70 kph zone too because....wait for it....he "accidentally" hit the accelerator pedal. So he won't be charged.

Hah hah hah hah...those crazy Americans and their justice system.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
So ole Woodsie was speeding. Shocked. And apparently doing 140 kph in a 70 kph zone too because....wait for it....he "accidentally" hit the accelerator pedal. So he won't be charged.

Hah hah hah hah...those crazy Americans and their justice system.

the penalty of career over is probably enough though

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Cant remember ever seeing the Augusta greens looking like they do today.

Already looking very dry. Come Sunday they could be like glass.

Reckon the club has had enough of all the record scoring over the past few years. Decided to give the course some teeth.

Should make for an interesting week.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Cant remember ever seeing the Augusta greens looking like they do today.

Already looking very dry. Come Sunday they could be like glass.

Reckon the club has had enough of all the record scoring over the past few years. Decided to give the course some teeth.

Should make for an interesting week.
Some of the greens look like a patchwork, very embarrassing for the toffee-nosed committee who demand perfection.

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008
Aussies a bit underwhelming on day 1
Scott and Smith both slipping up on 18
Sensational second shot and eagle by Smith on 15 though

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Tell you what, that Spieth has an amazing short game and he’s as gutsy as all hell, but geezuz that guy is the arsiest player on Tour by a mile.

He sprays the ball off the tee everywhere but always finds a shot to the green. He’s never up against a tree or in a bush, the ball often is heading OB and hits a tree and bounces back in etc etc. Even some of his short games shots he’s tinny. Lost count of how many chips or putts he hits way too hard but it hits the pin flush and either drops in or stops an inch from the cup eg that chip on 15 yesterday. That ball was going in the water before it did a basketball like rebound off the pin and into the hole. He does stuff like around the greens all the time too.

Amazing short game but geez he’s an annoyingly arsie golfer. Especially off the tee.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Tell you what, that Spieth has an amazing short game and he’s as gutsy as all hell, but geezuz that guy is the arsiest player on Tour by a mile.

He sprays the ball off the tee everywhere but always finds a shot to the green. He’s never up against a tree or in a bush, the ball often is heading OB and hits a tree and bounces back in etc etc. Even some of his short games shots he’s tinny. Lost count of how many chips or putts he hits way too hard but it hits the pin flush and either drops in or stops an inch from the cup eg that chip on 15 yesterday. That ball was going in the water before it did a basketball like rebound off the pin and into the hole. He does stuff like around the greens all the time too.

Amazing short game but geez he’s an annoyingly arsie golfer. Especially off the tee.
Yeh, I love watching him because he drives it worse than some good club golfers. He doesn't know where it's gonna go. But he's fearless around the greens and a magical putter.

Augusta is great because you can spray it but still come up with creative recovery shots. Has allowed the likes of Mickleson to win here 3 times.

Shaping for a great weekend of golf.