Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yep been good
If I heard right he’s even skinnier than he looks - did the commentators really say he had a 28 inch waist?

Anyway - have just seem him finish R3 with Justin Rose who got very wobbly over those last few holes but then managed great saves every time. Really gutsy effort by him

Fingers crossed for Leishman tomorrow
other then Matsayama , Zalatoris was next best on the day, big chance I reckon

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Matsuyama will shoot 82.

Gutsy round by Rose. Suspect he’ll go well tomorrow.

The Warrnambool Tiger has a big chance. Dunno if the putter and the odd mistake that he’s prone too will bring him undone ? Hope he has his A game and wins.

If the Warrnambool Tiger can’t win, then wouldn’t mind seeing Rose or Xander (good down to earth guy) or Connors win.

Suspect Spieth is gonna have a huge run at it. Only needs to hit 6 fairways and he’ll have a low round that guy.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

The Warrnambool Tiger has a big chance. Dunno if the putter and the odd mistake that he’s prone too will bring him undone ? Hope he has his A game and wins.

It's time to unGeish the Leish

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Really hoping for The Warrnambool Tiger to put in one of his best rounds ever and take it out, but suspect he just can't avoid stuffing up a hole or two. Seems to be the Australian way at the Masters, except when the stars aligned and Scottie won it (but look at where he is now).

But I think Hideki will hold on and win. A pretty steady and talented player who leaves little to chance and has an all-round solid game. Think Rose's back is troubling him again and doubt he can keep toughing it out.

But go Mark Leishman!

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Hideki should go on and win with 1 to play 2 shot buffer

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Price of Srixon, Mizuno, honma etc just went through the roof , try getting on a course in Japan today . Great win

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Good on him. Apart from 15 and 16 he was solid. Putted and chipped real well.

Zalatoris had a crack, Schauffele as well, but gee what a blunderous effort by all of the chasers regardless. Errors everywhere. Leish never looked like it after terrible second shots on 1 and 3.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How do they let players drop closer to the hole if they go through the back of 15 and into the water at 16 ??? Must be a local rule. If they wanted to make the course harder (which they always seem to be looking to do at Augusta), one small amendment they could make is to force the players who hit through 15 and into the water at 16 to follow the standard water hazard rules and hit their next shot from the same spot that they hit from previously.

Last edited:

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
And win he did, good on him. Schauffele will be tormented that he didn't go for the heart of the green on 16.

Glad he held on - would have been a disaster if he’d lost it after having had such a big lead
Don’t like seeing anyone totally capitulate (unless it’s someone like Boofhead Bryson or Cheat Reed)

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Glad he held on - would have been a disaster if he’d lost it after having had such a big lead
Don’t like seeing anyone totally capitulate (unless it’s someone like Boofhead Bryson or Cheat Reed)
Agree, he seems like a pretty good bloke too.
I wonder whether there's ever been anyone shoot 3 over on the back nine to win a major?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How do they let players drop closer to the hole if they go through the back of 15 and into the water at 16 ??? Must be a local rule. If they wanted to make the course harder (which they always seem to be looking to do at Augusta), one small amendment they could make is to force the players who hit through 15 and into the water at 16 to follow the standard water hazard rules and hit their next shot from the same spot that they hit from previously.
The easiest way they could make it harder is just let the rough( what little there is) grow, be Impossible to get the ball to stop on those greens, pretty generous fairways around there, bit like RM though don’t want to be on the wrong side of the fairway

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
And win he did, good on him. Schauffele will be tormented that he didn't go for the heart of the green on 16.
Yeh, 2 shots behind and hitting first into 16. You just can't go straight at the pin and there's no need to. You've got anywhere up to about 25 feet right of the pin to hit it. You just need the right length. It really must have been a slight pull. Golden opportunity squandered.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Agree, he seems like a pretty good bloke too.
I wonder whether there's ever been anyone shoot 3 over on the back nine to win a major?
To be fair he hit a safe shot on 16, safe on 17 and safe on 18. I'm sure if he had to he could have been more aggressive. Definitely a deserved winner.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The easiest way they could make it harder is just let the rough( what little there is) grow, be Impossible to get the ball to stop on those greens, pretty generous fairways around there, bit like RM though don’t want to be on the wrong side of the fairway
Matsuyama hit five fairways on Saturday and shot 65.