Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Was hoping Wild Bill would win. Gutsy effort from a guy with limited PGA Tour experience in the heat and spotlight of final round contention.
Was very unlucky, he had 2 puts that looked like going in, only to lip out.

I played golf today, only hit two good balls....................I stepped on a rake.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Hickok might have lost the playoff, but his namesake just won the the 2nd at Sundown @ $14.70, thank your Mother for the rabbits.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
What is the acceptable comp round of golf time nowadays ? 4 hours used to be , I’ve always found morning players are closer to 3 hours then 4 and afternoon are closer to 4 :30 then 4 ?
4 hours was standard when I was growing up but the times have lengthened, I think in part because many golfers take their cues from the pros. Incl stuff like marking their ball when the first putt misses, then going through extensive pre-shot putting routines again. You should putt out unless you are interfering with someones line. And even then it shouldn't matter, the modern soft spike shoe barely marks the surface.
Not many people I play with play ready golf. They get to their ball then muck around with the distance measuring device, have 4 practice swings then slice it into the pot. Then they leave their bag on the wrong side of the green. Then they get to the next hole and instead of being ready to hit are mucking around with a score card.
You don't have to rush but just know when its your turn and be ready to play. Its pretty simple. I've always let myself get frustrated when playing with slow types though.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Adam promotes and sells the Lag Shot golf clubs which are training clubs with whippy shafts to help promote tempo and timing. When you buy one of the Lag Shot clubs you get access to all these training videos of his.

He's not bad. He's old school which I like, and he doesn't come up with weird wtf bs training exercises or have "out there" ideas on golf. The only thing i don't like about him is he often reverts to multiple swing thoughts. Can go over the top a bit. To that end, I prefer guys like Butch Harmon who keep it simple, orthodox and to just one or two thoughts and exercises.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Adam promotes and sells the Lag Shot golf clubs which are training clubs with whippy shafts to help promote tempo and timing. When you buy one of the Lag Shot clubs you get access to all these training videos of his.

He's not bad. He's old school which I like, and he doesn't come up with weird wtf bs training exercises or have "out there" ideas on golf. The only thing i don't like about him is he often reverts to multiple swing thoughts. Can go over the top a bit. To that end, I prefer guys like Butch Harmon who keep it simple, orthodox and to just one or two thoughts and exercises.
I reckon Harmon is as Good as there is

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Herbie has been playing some good golf the last month or two.
Watching him tonight is playing some scintillating golf. Looks so in control. Hits a beautifully flighted draw which is always great to watch. He’s 3 in front with plenty of birdie holes ahead. Not sure what odds he is right now but will be hard to beat.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Watching him tonight is playing some scintillating golf. Looks so in control. Hits a beautifully flighted draw which is always great to watch. He’s 3 in front with plenty of birdie holes ahead. Not sure what odds he is right now but will be hard to beat.
Yes, he gives it a rip, his 2nd shot on the par 5 8th was superb.

Edit, they just said his 2nd shot went 296 yards into the wind.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Happy days, Dechump missed the cut at Detroit, and his longtime caddy walked out on him before the tournament started. Probably got sick of DeChump blaming him for shooting 44 on the back nine at the US Open.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I reckon as soon as you posted that he got the wobbles a bit and started dropping a couple and missed a couple of chances coming home.

Only leading by 1 going into Sunday will be a big test. One of the knocks on him has always been his swing needs his timing to be on so it will be interesting to see how the pressure suits him.

I reckon Justin Harding might run him down and I like the Beef as a smoky.
Smokey Beef ?

Deee-licious.

• Haha