Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Bought a pair of Nike G270’s a few weeks ago. First pair of spikeless shoes. Always been a bit of a traditionalist where spikes are concerned but these shoes are amazing. As someone with chronic arthritis in my feet, these things really take a lot of stress off the feet and legs.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I reckon Herbert will win, he's sorted his course management out of late and is putting well. I've had a sneaky bet on Scrivener at $34.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I reckon as soon as you posted that he got the wobbles a bit and started dropping a couple and missed a couple of chances coming home.

Only leading by 1 going into Sunday will be a big test. One of the knocks on him has always been his swing needs his timing to be on so it will be interesting to see how the pressure suits him.

I reckon Justin Harding might run him down and I like the Beef as a smoky.
Yeh, I jona'd him!!! He looked so in control. Hopefully he can get it done, a lot of good golfers not too far back.

Would I be correct in saying not many of the best play with a draw? Is there a better looking and feeling shot than hitting a subtle draw with a driver?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A very solid round of golf from Herbert, he had to scramble on the front nine. His two bunker shots on 15 & 16 were as good as you will see.

I really wish Wayne Radar Riley called the golf in the US, he's very entertaining.

Reactions: 1 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
What a weekend for Aussie Gofl Lucas Herbert and Cam Davis both win

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How bloody good is that , checked the phone CD bogeyed 16 , checked again C Davis winner winner chicken dinner , great night for the Skipys

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Glad they both won. Especially Cam because watching the playoff holes was doing my head in. Kept hitting it so pure and so close, but missed every putt to win.

Such a good ball striker. Work to do on the putter though…

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Was a fascinating round of golf to watch. Every time he looked like he was in strife, he found a clutch shot. Lucky not to be stone dead a couple of times and bounced back.

Would have been interesting if he had someone with more winning experience making a stronger challenge early.

Good tournament to win as well, straight into the Open.
He was lucky he didn't put like Cam Davis. Tiger Woods would have been proud to scramble the way he did on the front nine. Incredible that he only had the one bogey for the round.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
All those puts that he missed in the playoff weren't even close, he couldn't even get one close enough to lip out. He had pretty good speed on them, just couldn't read them.
Yep. The first playoff hole from 6 feet was the worst. Was never even close to being a chance. Anyway he got it done and didn’t really crack despite the mediocre putting. He hit it pure under the pressure.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Glad they both won. Especially Cam because watching the playoff holes was doing my head in. Kept hitting it so pure and so close, but missed every putt to win.

Such a good ball striker. Work to do on the putter though…
Baker Finch (love his commentary) said he had worked with him on his putting and it was the one thing Davis got down on himself about.

His striking was pure in those playoff holes! Striped it.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Scottish Open on. Remember POM winning it 30 years ago with 7 under for his last 5 holes . Nice fella and beautiful striker just a dud putter.

Anyone got an interest in the SO? Good field assembled. Geez Scrivener is playing consistently well.

Reactions: 1 users