Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Just like to say a big thanks to Drofder Enterprises for running such a magnificent event. It's a great concept and a lot of fun.

I guess you need a bit of luck in comps like this because my picks were more arse than class. Slightly dissapointing that my chosen Aussie was the one who didn't make the cut of the 6 selected but my other underdogs pulled through with reasonable scores across all 4 rounds, which helped.

I didn't know anything about Armitage until someone posted a link of an interview with him, was a few weeks back. It was quite funny as a bird crapped on his shoe mid-interview and he laughed it off as good luck, and his personality was enough for me to pick him.

It was Ooszies to lose and it seems he did indeed lose it! But if any of the yanks were to win it, I'm happy Morikawa was the one. Was a good tournament and it helped get through another weekend of lockdown in Melbs.

Reactions: 1 users
Well done lads and thanks Redders.

Three out of three I've been a long last coming into the final day and managed to avoid the spoon. Look out next year!

Working from home has its benefits, especially when you start the day by pointing out how much the vaccine knocked you around, so I watched the final round (Kayo's 15-second skip feature lets you get through pretty quickly). Agree with Jazzy, Rahn just kept stiffing irons and missing puts. Coulda shot 59.

Morikawa looked the winner all day though.

Oosti's iron play lets him down in final rounds. He stripes most tee shots, but approaches to the green in final rounds really let him down. Think that's the 6th or 7th major now that he's flopped in the final round when in deep contention. His second into the par 5 7th was about 60 yards off target. You're not going to win a major in the final round taking bogey on a par 5.

Morikawa was absolutely clutch the whole way.

Well done to both BT and Scotty, well played lads.

And thanks to Red, a great comp which adds an extra level of fun and interest to a great tournament.

Nice one Drodfer Ent. Is there an online shop where I can get a Drodfer stubby holder?

The challenge is to get 6 guys making the cut. Pity all the majors are done and dusted, see you at Augusta.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice one Drodfer Ent. Is there an online shop where I can get a Drodfer stubby holder?

The challenge is to get 6 guys making the cut. Pity all the majors are done and dusted, see you at Augusta.
Sorry dude. We don't manufacture such inane products. High end apparel and equipment, using state of the art technologies is our go. Check out the new outfits we trialled with the Japanese Olympic team last week.

1626669564747.png

Well done winners and thanks Red. Has quickly become a favourite comp.

Very impressive round from Morikawa, has a big set of plums on him. Poor old Shark Oosthuizen is in the opposite camp in that regard.

As for Rahm, how he didn't snap his putter at least 6 times today is beyond me.
Rahm is a such a talent, would have made a great last day if his putter worked for him.

Reactions: 1 user
Must say I’m not a fan of the new golf calendar, preferred it when the majors were spaced out a bit more.

Long wait til the second week of April now.

But with a lot of luck international travel wise I will hopefully be gracing the fairways of Augusta next year.

Reactions: 3 users
Must say I’m not a fan of the new golf calendar, preferred it when the majors were spaced out a bit more.

But with a lot of luck international travel wise I will hopefully be gracing the fairways of Augusta next year.
Agree. Even though there’s reason for it, Don’t like the move of the PGA to earlier in the year. Always liked it in August. Same with the Players Championship.

Can't wait either, Tiger will be in my team at Augusta, it's my favourite major.