Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Well The Peb is done and won for another year. What a course. What a place. Love it.

And now, onto the BWBC - the Bozos With Beer Classic in Phoenix Arizona.

Great town. Great courses - including the TPC. Not sure about the bozofest though.

Is that on this weekend? Surely not.

Would be madness any sporting event going up against the Super Bowl.

For golf purists it’s a shocking event, encouraging drunken and boorish behaviour.

But to get the attention of the casual observer, ie those only interested in majors, I get it

The footage released every year of the great unwashed sprinting for their spot on the 16th is always a good laugh.

Is that on this weekend? Surely not.

Would be madness any sporting event going up against the Super Bowl.

For golf purists it’s a shocking event, encouraging drunken and boorish behaviour.

But to get the attention of the casual observer, ie those only interested in majors, I get it

The footage released every year of the great unwashed sprinting for their spot on the 16th is always a good laugh.
They’ll be done before the SB starts I reckon.

They’ll be done before the SB starts I reckon.

Yeah you are right Red.

Busy week for me, hadn’t realised it was indeed on this week.

There may even be a couple of hardy souls somehow doing both events on the Sunday, given the relatively close proximity.

Be very tight I reckon. SB starts at 10:30am here and they were still playing well after 11 this morning.

Weekends are quicker but if it comes to a playoff it might be the first time they've pushed it to the next day because no-one wants to watch it.
They don’t seem to care. The Phoenix is almost always held on Super Bowl Sunday.

They need to finish by 4.30 pm Phoenix time. They’re an hour ahead of LA.

Reactions: 1 users
They don’t seem to care. The Phoenix is almost always held on Super Bowl Sunday.

They need to finish by 4.30 pm Phoenix time. They’re an hour ahead of LA.
Yep, I don't think there'll be a spare seat on the 16th.

Somewhat scarily, the Super Bowl is being played in Glendale next year.

Finish up after a quiet arvo on the 16th hole and head across town to the big game.

Somewhat scarily, the Super Bowl is being played in Glendale next year.

Finish up after a quiet arvo on the 16th hole and head across town to the big game.
Yeah. Glendale in Phoenix is where The Toaster is. Near the suburb of Goodyear. Couple of good golf courses and resorts out there namely the old Wigwam and Camelback resorts. Play 18, get on the juice in the bar after, or by the pool, trot over to the Toaster.

1644614461926.jpeg

Last edited:
Scottie Scheffler has shot 29 for the back nine, (his front nine), my man is going to win a few majors before his career is done.

I was watching it live, I've got to get to Arizona, it's my kind of place. Have always wanted to go to Tombstone.
You’ll love it. Pre Covid I was going every year. Been there…maybe… 6 or 7 times. Get up in the mountains. Spectacular.

Few moveable obstructions here it seems…

1644746219726.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
You’ll love it. Pre Covid I was going every year. Been there…maybe… 6 or 7 times. Get up in the mountains. Spectacular.

Few moveable obstructions here it seems…

View attachment 14601
So this is the demographic golf wants to attract - stupid bogans!? Really? Such fun for the poor staff having to clean this up.

Personally I think golf as a sport represents the opposite of this. IMHO, it's a horrible advertisement. The very last mob I'd want to see on my golf course - pack of morons. What ! Never heard of an ace before.

Waste of a heap of good beer too. So American though.

Reactions: 1 user
One more roll on 17 would've given Schauffele a share of a the lead, going to be a great finish.