Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

LIV really starting to land some blows. US Open first major to confirm LIV players eligible and sounds like Rickie Fowler will join field as well.

Have to think the weight of cash will keep chipping away at the best players. Interesting times indeed.

Does that apply to anyone taking Saudi cash?
Yes. Each to their own, of course.

But most wealthy people come to a point in their life that legacy is more important than riches.

History won’t be kind to those who took the blood money.

Perhaps they don’t care. Fine.

But the court of public opinion will remember.

Talk that De Chump and Reed are going to sign on, the LIV is going to have some real schmucks on the tour.

Be good to see Mickelson, De Chump and Reed grouped together on Thursday.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
De Chumpo and Reed off to the LIV. Fowler next.

Said this would happen months ago. Will only get bigger and bigger. PGA Tour in massive trouble.

Golden rule with professional golfers since time immemorial:

FOLLOW THE MONEY !

De Chump might replace the page 3 girls in the Sun.
He’s a huge loss for the PGA Tour. As would Fowler if he goes, even if he’s not playing well. He’s very popular. He’s on tv everywhere over in the US with ads, big social media following etc. Sponsors love him.

He’s a huge loss for the PGA Tour. As would Fowler if he goes, even if he’s not playing well. He’s very popular. He’s on tv everywhere over in the US with ads, big social media following etc. Sponsors love him.
Says a lot about Americans doesn't it, he's a schmuck of the highest order.

Says a lot about Americans doesn't it, he's a schmuck of the highest order.
Not my favourite player, but there's worse. He's a bit of a "roller" I think Rickie. Him, Bubba, Zach Johnson...few others.

Bit of a religous-right wing under current thing been going on for a while on the PGA Tour.

Can you really blame them? Especially the older guys.

I don't. We all pick and choose our morality based on our own needs to some extent.

Anyone who uses a phone, watches TV, drives a car, wears clothes is generally party to the exploitation and degrading of human rights of someone.

Thousands and thousands of Australians head to Bali every year for cheap beer and a sunset and they put bullets through the hearts of a couple of young Aussies for carrying drugs not so long ago. Not sure being openly gay in most of Indonesia would be safe either.

In some ways these guys playing golf on this tour puts more of a spotlight on the human rights issues than if they didn't.

I don't. We all pick and choose our morality based on our own needs to some extent.

Anyone who uses a phone, watches TV, drives a car, wears clothes is generally party to the exploitation and degrading of human rights of someone.

Thousands and thousands of Australians head to Bali every year for cheap beer and a sunset and they put bullets through the hearts of a couple of young Aussies for carrying drugs not so long ago. Not sure being openly gay in most of Indonesia would be safe either.

In some ways these guys playing golf on this tour puts more of a spotlight on the human rights issues than if they didn't.
State sanctioned kidnapping/torture/killing is taking it to an extreme though?

Are you suggesting the shark is some sort of human rights activist?

State sanctioned kidnapping/torture/killing is taking it to an extreme though?

Are you suggesting the shark is some sort of human rights activist?

Not at all, I think the spotlight it applies is unintentional on their part but still useful.

The Saudi stuff is abhorrent but it's not like there's any real outrage about it in any tangible way. The world could tear down their economy in a flash but none of us want to cop $5 a litre petrol prices so we all let it roll.

Ditto many other places in the world because we like buying their cheap stuff.

I don't think we can expect golfers to live to a higher moral code than we do.

Not my favourite player, but there's worse. He's a bit of a "roller" I think Rickie. Him, Bubba, Zach Johnson...few others.

Bit of a religous-right wing under current thing been going on for a while on the PGA Tour.
Yes, one of my concerns re the PGA tour and why I, along with others who have commented the same on here, much prefer the English commentators on the DP tour who are quite self-mocking and irreverent. Something so cloying, smarmy and fundamentalist RW christian about the PGA tour that I find rather creepy. Sure the best golfers in the world play there, for what was the best $$ in golf and greatest prestige, and sure, seem to raise huge amounts for charities, but just seems so WASPISH. The dress style/code, clean-shaven, language 'purity' etc. etc. All too pure, clean, nice, same, boringsvillle.
Also, verging on xenophobic re biased and pro American coverage. Aussies almost ignored if not in contention, dropped out of sight as soon as fall out of contention. Every time, referred to as "That's a par for the Ossie'.
Almost makes me puke.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, one of my concerns re the PGA tour and why I, along with others who have commented the same on here, much prefer the English commentators on the DP tour who are quite self-mocking and irreverent. Something so cloying, smarmy and fundamentalist RW christian about the PGA tour that I find rather creepy. Sure the best golfers in the world play there, for what was the best $$ in golf and greatest prestige, and sure, seem to raise huge amounts for charities, but just seems so WASPISH. The dress style/code, clean-shaven, language 'purity' etc. etc. All too pure, clean, nice, same, boringsvillle.
Also, verging on xenophobic re biased and pro American coverage. Aussies almost ignored if not in contention, dropped out of sight as soon as fall out of contention. Every time, referred to as "That's a par for the Ossie'.
Almost makes me puke.
Yes, I certainly understand where you are coming from Leon Spinks.

Greg Norman has got all the credentials to go into politics.

"Journalist claims he was ‘physically removed’ from presser as Norman watched"

"Shipnuck uploaded footage of security guards refusing to allow him access to Mickelson’s press conference and subsequently posted a screenshot on Twitter of what he claimed was a text exchange with Norman. The screenshot appears to show Norman responding that he didn’t hear about Shipnuck being denied entry, but footage later emerged of the Australian standing behind him as it unfolded. The exchange went viral and made headlines around the world."

• Haha