Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Mate of mine in sports management just sent me a text saying there is going to be a mass exodus from the PGA tour to LIV following the US Open.

Viktor Hovland, Harold Varner, Brooks Koepka, Adam Scott, Abe Ancer and likely a few others with Kokrak, Reed, Wolffe and DeChambeau already going.

Reactions: 1 users
Mate of mine in sports management just sent me a text saying there is going to be a mass exodus from the PGA tour to LIV following the US Open.

Viktor Hovland, Harold Varner, Brooks Koepka, Adam Scott, Abe Ancer and likely a few others with Kokrak, Reed, Wolffe and DeChambeau already going.
Word is that Brooks has definitely gone.

If that’s correct and Viktor is also off, that’s some of the games biggest and brightest young stars when you add in De Chumpo.

I noticed the other night McGinley was a bit reticent where any criticism of LIV was concerned. In fact he went out of his way to highlight several weaknesses in the PGA Tour business model, some of which a few of us have already raised on here in particular taking the game overseas. I think there’s something going on between the DP Tour and LIV.

Massive problems for the PGA Tour. Absolutely massive.

Reactions: 1 user
What a fabulous 6 hours of Sports entertainment, got to see Phil shoot plenty again and again an learnt all about fluff and Furyk again and again :sleep::sleep:

Wow, this Live form the US open coverage is almost sickly. Rory the shining knight talisman. Standing up for the good of the game. It's almost religious the way they have carried on.

Tag a bloke! Forgot this was this week.

Every player who takes the filthy Saudi money is a greedy piece of sh!t.
Sorry spook.....

If you haven't seen the scores throw in a team....

Geez I should have reminded everyone to check the field to make sure the players listed were playing. I chose two players not in the field....

I'll post a leaderboard at some point today, suffice to say Redford has blitzed the first round

Reactions: 1 users
Well, an incredibly shoddy administrative bungle has seen multiple non-starters included in the field. Buyer beware should have been our motto, ultimately only an idiot wouldn't check that their selections were actually in the field. Suffice to say a number of us qualifiy for that moniker.

Don't forget to send through your feedback and a ratings survey will be available after the tournament.

All that being said we have had a lightning start from one entrant. -9 for the first round is pretty impressive given the field average was 72.7 ish. It obviously helped being able to drop his LIV heavyweight selection. STC backed up his words and is also under par. Tenacious & Sammy Cougar are tied in 3rd place at 2 over. Hopefully the new format will see some big comebacks possible.

Myself, Mopsy & tigerman managed gold standard idiot status with dual non-starter selections, TBR, BT Tiger & Tenacious just your garden variety idiot with one. It does make it easier to isolate the 6 best scores though - thanks guys.

Below are the scores, given the shambles that is this administration I'd suggest close scrutiny of the totals is required.

LEADERBOARD
Redford
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Matt Fiztpatrick75-2
Sam Burns601
Max Homa55-1
Daniel Berger500
Aron Wise30-2
Justin Rose30-2
Philthy Lure Mickleson288
Brian Harman22-2
RUNNING TOTAL350-9
STC
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Rory McIlroy95-3
Xander Schauffele750
Shane Lowry702
Sung Jae Im552
Marc Leishman350
Ryan Fox104
NeSmith7-2
Crocker213
RUNNING TOTAL349-1
Mopsy
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Jordan Speith852
Patrick Cantlay752
Sung Jae Im552
Daniel Berger500
Tyrell Hatton452
Kevin Kisner203
Ryan Palmer10DNP
Kevin Streelman7DNP
RUNNING TOTAL34711
The Big Richo
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Patrick Cantlay752
Shane Lowry702
Joaquin Niemann651
Sam Burns601
Justin Rose35-2
Harold Varner272
Min Woo Lee104
Garrick Higgo5DNP
RUNNING TOTAL3476
BT Tiger
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Cam Smith902
Will Zalatoris80-1
Hideki Matsuyama650
Billy Horschel503
Mark Lieshman350
Sam Horsfield123
Min Woo Lee104
Henrick Stenson5DNP
RUNNING TOTAL3477
MD Jazz
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Colin Morikawa85-1
Xander Schauffele750
Sam Burns601
Sung Jae im552
Tommy Fleetwood502
Min Woo Lee103
Brendon Todd8DNP
Matt Wallace5DNP
RUNNING TOTAL3487
tigerman
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Justin Thomas100-1
Cam Smith902
Adam Scott45-1
Billy Horschel503
Marc Lieshman350
Lucas Herbert174
Min Woo Lee103
Wyndham Clark20
RUNNING TOTAL3493
Tenacious
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Cam Smith902
Colin Morikawa85-1
Hideki Matsuyama650
Marc Lieshman350
Justin Rose35-2
Lucas Herbert174
Ian Poulter10DNP
Min Woo Lee103
RUNNING TOTAL3472
angle ankle
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Will Zalatoris-1
Sam Burns1
Tony Finau3
Billy Horschel3
Taylor Gooch4
Harold Varner2
Davis Riley2
Ryan Fox4
RUNNING TOTAL10
Sammy Cougar
PLAYERValueROUND 1
Cam Smith902
Shane Lowry702
Sam Burns601
Marc Lieshman350
Justin Rose35-2
Gary Woodland30-1
Lucas Herbert174
Min Woo Lee103
RUNNING TOTAL3472

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry spook.....

If you haven't seen the scores throw in a team....
I should have, but then I started watching. Watched the last 7-8 holes of Scott's group. He made some good saves and looks to be putting as well as ever. Birdied 2, bogeyed 6, then pars all the way until a birdie on 18. As a commentator said, textbook US Open golf. Could he win it? Would love to see him grab another major.

Nooooooooooooooo !!!!!

Didn't even think to check whether my selections were teeing it up.

If not for @scottyturnerscurse I would have only had 5 going around.

But that's distracting from the fact my posse had a largely forgettable day out on the course.

Can you check my squad MD Jazz, I changed my team after realising that Day and Jones weren’t playing.
My new team is underneath my initial squad.
The time that I edited it was 3.32.

Cheers

Can you check my squad MD Jazz, I changed my team after realising that Day and Jones weren’t playing.
My new team is underneath my initial squad.
The time that I edited it was 3.32.

Cheers
No problems, will edit the leaderboard.

You are no longer an idiot.

• Haha
Word is that Brooks has definitely gone.

If that’s correct and Viktor is also off, that’s some of the games biggest and brightest young stars when you add in De Chumpo.

I noticed the other night McGinley was a bit reticent where any criticism of LIV was concerned. In fact he went out of his way to highlight several weaknesses in the PGA Tour business model, some of which a few of us have already raised on here in particular taking the game overseas. I think there’s something going on between the DP Tour and LIV.

Massive problems for the PGA Tour. Absolutely massive.

This morning I heard Morikawa and Schauffele are in the LIV mix as well.

Thought there was a noticeable softening of a few commentators towards Liv players last night, maybe it's just because they are close enough to front them.

would u mind checking my score md?
i haven't watched any of it but dreamt the top six were all mine.

• Haha
Jeez, I thought my +6 was going to be in touch given the high scoring in the field but -9.

That's some score, well done Red. Here's hoping you have a bit of the Shark in you.

NRL >