Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
That was it, grades didn't matter, everyone just got on with it, well mostly everyone. Slow players were generally avoided. As were the inevitable cheats who always try to sneak a couple of shots around on their unsuspecting scorer. They'd try and make a 7 a 6 etc etc hoping everyone missed the duffed chip.
I think one of the things impacting scoring now as well is the online app v card thing. In the past you and your playing partners would always score on the tee of the next hole. You'd see whoever was marking your card, pull it out, and write something down so you knew that they were scoring. And if they didn't, you'd be clued into the fact they were probably gonna make a mistake. Now, its all so individualistic and online app supported that the incorrect score frequency has gone up, not down as everyone was expecting it to years ago. A lot of members at my club really struggle with it. And some are just so self focussed they dont have a clue anyway. "What'd you have there mate ?" "Errr.....albatross." "Oh yeah."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Literally just talking to one of our marshals about the 5 hour round yesterday, he told me one group was 2 holes behind and when he approached them a guy off plus 5 , pennant player and I think a previous club champion said “ I’m not moving any quicker for anyone” arseholes

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Literally just talking to one of our marshals about the 5 hour round yesterday, he told me one group was 2 holes behind and when he approached them a guy off plus 5 , pennant player and I think a previous club champion said “ I’m not moving any quicker for anyone” arseholes

I always thought everyone in the group copped a two shot penalty if they fell two holes behind, maybe that is just a local rule.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Golfers can be such wankers. Still insisting in caps off inside clubrroms too at some places. Gotta get with the times.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
My boy, Min Woo Lee, in contention at the Spanish Open, battling Rahmbo and co. Not saying he'll take it out, but he's coming on. Amazing to see him often out-drive JR at about half his size. Some of the whippet built golfers still manage huge length. MWL has really worked on improving his short game - successfully.

Just about to tune in to final round on Kayo, so don't know how it's going as yet.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
My boy, Min Woo Lee, in contention at the Spanish Open, battling Rahmbo and co. Not saying he'll take it out, but he's coming on. Amazing to see him often out-drive JR at about half his size. Some of the whippet built golfers still manage huge length. MWL has really worked on improving his short game - successfully.

Just about to tune in to final round on Kayo, so don't know how it's going as yet.
Rahmbo was unstoppable with a final round 62 to equal Seve with his 3rd SO although, arguably, not a strong field.

MWL collapsed somewhat over the back 9 with some erratic driving returning to haunt him. However, there's still signs of his development progressing. Put together a good three and a half rounds.

Great to see another old fave in Jason Day show signs of his comeback (again!) working with a brilliant final rd of -8 at the Shriners in Vegas. He has struggled to put 4 rds together over most of a battling 2022, so hopefully his body issues have stabilised. Unfortunately, Cam Davis seems unable to really strike down the final stretch although gets into promising positions in early rounds often enough. Herbie going quite well though; looking to have the most potential to make it along with MWL.

With Morgan seeming to take some steps forward in LIV competition perhaps (hard to measure the level compared to PGA), there is some depth building in young Aussie golfers, but no-one anywhere near Cam Smith's level yet. Also a bunch of journeyman getting around, both on DP and PGA tours, that look headed for failure i.e. unable to make a good living. But no-one anywhere near Cam Smith potential as yet perhaps.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Rahmbo was unstoppable with a final round 62 to equal Seve with his 3rd SO although, arguably, not a strong field.

MWL collapsed somewhat over the back 9 with some erratic driving returning to haunt him. However, there's still signs of his development progressing. Put together a good three and a half rounds.

Great to see another old fave in Jason Day show signs of his comeback (again!) working with a brilliant final rd of -8 at the Shriners in Vegas. He has struggled to put 4 rds together over most of a battling 2022, so hopefully his body issues have stabilised. Unfortunately, Cam Davis seems unable to really strike down the final stretch although gets into promising positions in early rounds often enough. Herbie going quite well though; looking to have the most potential to make it along with MWL.

With Morgan seeming to take some steps forward in LIV competition perhaps (hard to measure the level compared to PGA), there is some depth building in young Aussie golfers, but no-one anywhere near Cam Smith's level yet. Also a bunch of journeyman getting around, both on DP and PGA tours, that look headed for failure i.e. unable to make a good living. But no-one anywhere near Cam Smith potential as yet perhaps.
Yes Rahm way too good and holed a few bombs before I called it quits.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yes Rahm way too good and holed a few bombs before I called it quits.
Understand. I watched until 2 am but called it quits; watched the final few holes this morning, late.. Easy to see how it was going to go though. Rahm bombed drives ... and putts. Phenomenal final rd. Frenchie, Pavin, held in well too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Still watching The Shriners. Been to that course a couple times and I loooooove Las Vegas baby ! And I also love those crazy Grand Poo-bah hats those Shriner guys wear.