Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Heh heh. You love the Snuffler’s putting.
Shuffles Putting watch update -

Guess what - shuffles in Rd 2 finished 28th in SG Putting and No.4 Putts per GIR
Rd 3 - 10th in SG putting and 3rd in Putts per GIR
Rd 4 - 1st in SG putting and 2nd in Putts per GIR

And he now leads by 5.

He is 1st in SG off the tee and 2nd in GIR. If Shuffles putts well he is a legitimate GS chance.

Reactions: 1 user
Shuffles Putting watch update -

Guess what - shuffles in Rd 2 finished 28th in SG Putting and No.4 Putts per GIR
Rd 3 - 10th in SG putting and 3rd in Putts per GIR
Rd 4 - 1st in SG putting and 2nd in Putts per GIR

And he now leads by 5.

He is 1st in SG off the tee and 2nd in GIR. If Shuffles putts well he is a legitimate GS chance.
Will be almost unbeatable if he keeps putting well in future events. Watching the 3rd round yesterday, he sunk some good 10 foot plus put-on the back nine. That might have turned his putting around, time will tell.

Will be almost unbeatable if he keeps putting well in future events. Watching the 3rd round yesterday, he sunk some good 10 foot plus put-on the back nine. That might have turned his putting around, time will tell.
His ball striking is phenomonal. Great touch from under 100yds. If he putts well he will win at the rate tiger did.

Snuffler !

Golf buddy of mine asked me on Thursday night who I thought would win and I said Snuffler because the greens at Bay Hill aren’t that difficult to read. No big slopes and breaks.

If he putts just average, he’ll win the Players next week too.

Wyndham Clark should have been penalised in the 3rd round. That’s the second time the Tour has gone soft on player infractions the last 12 months. Harris English outright cheated at the Zurich last year.

Weak as *smile* the Tour.

Wyndham Clark should have been penalised in the 3rd round. That’s the second time the Tour has gone soft on player infractions the last 12 months. Harris English outright cheated at the Zurich last year.

Weak as *smile* the Tour.
Wow. Of course the ball has moved. It moves about an inch! It didn't really improve the lie at all (made it sit down further?) but how could you say it did not move? And why was shuffles asked, how could he possibly see from 15 or 20m away?

Wow. Of course the ball has moved. It moves about an inch! It didn't really improve the lie at all (made it sit down further?) but how could you say it did not move? And why was shuffles asked, how could he possibly see from 15 or 20m away?

And Luke Donald and Faxon weren’t having a bar of that rules guy’s absolute *smile* explanation either. Talk about trying to direct players from falling foul of the rules. *** off. That was a blatant breach on a couple of fronts. Bettering the lie and the ball moving.

Pathetic assessment to protect the player.

It actually looks worse looking at it again.

And Luke Donald and Faxon weren’t having a bar of that rules guy’s absolute *smile* explanation either. Talk about trying to direct players from falling foul of the rules. *** off. That was a blatant breach on a couple of fronts. Bettering the lie and the ball moving.

Pathetic assessment to protect the player.

It actually looks worse looking at it again.
How was this comment - “I feel his ball didn’t move, and I feel like he did nothing to affect the stroke.”

It doesn't matter if he did anything to affect the stroke, that is not the rule. It's a simple rule, all that matters is did the ball move. And it clearly did.

How was this comment - “I feel his ball didn’t move, and I feel like he did nothing to affect the stroke.”

It doesn't matter if he did anything to affect the stroke, that is not the rule. It's a simple rule, all that matters is did the ball move. And it clearly did.
Both occurred. He flatted down the grass behind the ball by pushing down on the club repeatedly - as Faxon suggested. Then, in doing so, the ball moved. Two infractions.

That rules guy should be removed from any further commentary during Tour coverage. And as for the rules officialdom of the Tour itself, that needs a complete kick in the arse.

Rory 3 under after 3. Feature group watching gonna make it a long night.

Rory 3 under after 3. Feature group watching gonna make it a long night.
Love it !

Really like those Live At shows with McGinley, Chamblee and co. They really get into the guts of golf. Aren’t afraid to critique things sensibly. They give you a lot of behind the scenes info too.

Rory -4 after 5 now.

I had a small bet on him (17-1) and Harman (50-1) so I’m sure he’ll blow up soon.

The new blade that $cottie $cheffler has been using the last couple of weeks looks to have turned his putting fortunes around. A good start to J Day, 5 under.

The new blade that $cottie $cheffler has been using the last couple of weeks looks to have turned his putting fortunes around. A good start to J Day, 5 under.
Yeah. Did you hear about his explanation for that ? Interesting. I agree with it.

As for Day, he could’ve shot 8 under if he wasn’t wearing those ridiculous pantaloons.

Seriously, how good is golf. Season of Redford 2024….cmooooon !!!!

Love it !

Really like those Live At shows with McGinley, Chamblee and co. They really get into the guts of golf. Aren’t afraid to critique things sensibly. They give you a lot of behind the scenes info too.
Yeh, they are great. I like listening to both, they really understand the game and come at it from different perspectives. And the host dude does a good job tying it together.

Better than listening to Braith Anasta and Paul Gow. They are unwatchable.

Shuffles had 31 putts and still shot 5 under......T110 in total putts, although 38th in strokes gained putting. He didn't miss from under 10ft though (didn't have many).

Good to see Ryan Fox shoot 3 under.

Shuffles had 31 putts and still shot 5 under......T110 in total putts, although 38th in strokes gained putting. He didn't miss from under 10ft though (didn't have many).

Good to see Ryan Fox shoot 3 under.
Yes, Fox eagled 16 and aced 17, good on him.