Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Just had a bet on Clark to finish top 10 at $7.50.

His round wasn't too bad considering it's his first Masters, shot 33 on the front nine. Made a rookie mistake on 15 for a double bogie, he won't do that again.

Reactions: 1 user
How good to have The Masters on at 10.30 on a Fri night!

Reactions: 1 users
If this wind persists these greens are going to be freaking slippery later this afternoon.

2024 Red Jacket - Round 1 Leaderboard

The 1st round of the 2024 Red Jacket is in the books. Geepers. What a round. What a Leaderboard. Very very tight.

A bunch of players let it get away from them late in the round, but we have joint leaders with Billy 24 and RoryBaby both at -10. Burnside is 3rd (that wont last) at -9 followed by MD Jazz and Moops both on -8.

Hatton makes a fool of himself again. Harman...what the hell happened there ? Sam Burns fails again in a major. Rubbish from him.

Looking at the round 2 scores, there's going to be some big moves on the Red Jacket Leaderboard. Will update later today.

Check your scorecards. Lots of entries, players and numbers. Let me know if anything isn't correct. C'mooooon !

1712965473097.png

1712965631441.png

1712965689728.png

Well I got 7 out of 8 thru to the weekend.

Unfortunately they all struggled today though.

2024 Red Jacket - Round 2 Leaderboard

Well, a round is a looong time in the famous Red Jacket and so it proved to be again with turmoil on the Leaderboard and a huge change of positions.

Carnage on the hallowed grounds of Drofgusta conspires to produce but a very small handful of sub-par rounds and sends competitors spinning. Some big names shooting big numbers.

RoryBaby goes all the way from equal leader to 10th thanks to big numbers from McIlroy, Conners, Rose etc. Artball goes from 9th to 2nd aided by Aberg and solids from Fitzpatrick, Hojgaard, Hadwin and Pavon. Old boy BT goes from 10th to 3rd thanks to Aberg, Stoner Homa and Hojgaard.

Tigerman's controversial approach appears to have backfired. Rahm and Rory disapointing for him.

I have no doubt this will continue to move around big time.

Check your scorecards. Lots of entries, players and numbers. Let me know if anything isn't correct. My eyes are going together...

1712984302712.png1712984315993.png

1712984922820.png
1712984945086.png

Reactions: 5 users
Around midnight the coverage starts tonight.

Enjoy the featured groups and other channels before the main coverage begins, but it’s no good for my sleep patterns.

Around midnight the coverage starts tonight.

Enjoy the featured groups and other channels before the main coverage begins, but it’s no good for my sleep patterns.
So much golf. Awesome !!!!

I get the feeling that someone sitting at -2 to even (or thereabouts), is gonna go low tomorrow and get into big time contention. Soufflé has grinded it out despite playing ordinarily. Due ? Fitzpatrick ? Smith ? Koepka ?

Just feels ripe for a storming round.

So much golf. Awesome !!!!

I get the feeling that someone sitting at -2 to even (or thereabouts), is gonna go low tomorrow and get into big time contention. Soufflé has grinded it out despite playing ordinarily. Due ? Fitzpatrick ? Smith ? Koepka ?

Just feels ripe for a storming round.

Hopefully Smith or Davis go on a tear and post a low number.

One interesting pairing in Rd 3 is Tiger and Tyrrell. Hope Hatton has a mini meltdown in front of the massive galleries following them.

Hate to say it but I think DeChambeau has looked real solid. Same with your man Max. Not sure I trust either to maintain it for another 2 rounds though.

Set the alarm, fill the thermos and enjoy the drama ! This is still wide open.

Hopefully Smith or Davis go on a tear and post a low number.

One interesting pairing in Rd 3 is Tiger and Tyrrell. Hope Hatton has a mini meltdown in front of the massive galleries following them.

Hate to say it but I think DeChambeau has looked real solid. Same with your man Max. Not sure I trust either to maintain it for another 2 rounds though.

Set the alarm, fill the thermos and enjoy the drama ! This is still wide open.
Feel like Snuffler has Stoner and De Chumpo covered.

Wow. J Thomas drops 7 shots in the last 4 holes going double, double, bogey, double to miss the cut by 1.

Him and Spieth’s games look lost.

Now that pressure is off reckon Rory shoots 7 under Rd 3. I think he will finish Top 10, maybe top 5.

Snuffler almost unbeatable.

Think they need to cut from the featured groups and go to the main telecast an hour earlier on the weekend.

The leaders have all teed off and we are stuck watching Tiger, Rory and Hatton stinking it up.

Of course Scheffler chips in for birdie on the first, his 2nd hole out so far this week.

Is it just me or does he seem to get more than his share of good luck?

Any chance of seeing Cam Davis hit a shot ? Great start by him.

Only 2 shots off the lead now.

Thank god for the Masters app where we can track and watch our Aussie lads

Any chance of seeing Cam Davis hit a shot ? Great start by him.

Only 2 shots off the lead now.

Thank god for the Masters app where we can track and watch our Aussie lads
They must've listened to you, they've started showing Davis a bit.

Greens are very quick, they'll be like glass tomorrow.

All the LIV logoing looks so gimmicky to me .

With Scotty’s Scotty not working looks like will have a great Monday

Euro’s may just have a team forming that will win the RyderCup on the Yanks own dunghill

Last edited: