Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Huge win by Shuffles. The grand slam is on!

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Homa is a very likeable player. One of the few really likeable yanks. I hope this spurs him to better performances in majors. The opposite of the likes of Soufle & Cantlay.

Sheffler is a class act and I'm starting to like De Chumbo.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Shuffles just lost me a bit. In his interview he said it was great to hear his buddies told him his victory is secure on the cross. His identity is secure on the cross.

*smile*, now using his talent for gods glory.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
*smile* and now his wife was praying for him and praying for some healing on his neck..........

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Snuffler way too good. Thoroughly dserved to win. But gee whiz, talk about being aided by some serious stuff ups by your nearest competitors.

Double bogey by Morikowa on 9. Double bogey by Aberg on 11. Double bogey by Homa on 12. That tee shot on 12 by Homa, the split second after he hit it - without even seeing it in the air - I knew that ball was going left and long. You could see it in the way he was trying to hold onto the club at the end of his follow through.

As Jack Niclaus used to say, a lot of his victories came from just being steady and waiting for his competitors to make mistakes under pressure. Players used to melt around Tiger too. Today was an example of that. I felt all the pressure went off Snuffler the last 6-7 holes and he was able to cruise a bit.

As Brandel Chamblee said on Tuesday, apart from Snuffler, he's never seen such an out of form top 10 in the world right now. Thomas, Spieth, Koepka, Rahm, McIlroy etc etc all playing average to poor. The stats show it.

Not sure this era is the greatest bunch of golfers compared to others.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Really enjoyed the Live From coverage. Chamblee & McGinley really know their stuff and are a great pairing. Some super analysis.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I was impressed with Homa over the 4 rounds, especially the first two rounds, I'm sold on him now.
Aberg, wow, an amazing talent. A double bogie on 15 on day 1 was a rookie mistake, as was the double bogie on 11 today, that took the pressure of $cheffler.

$cheffler has got some serious competition ahead of him in Homa and Aberg.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
As Brandel Chamblee said on Tuesday, apart from Snuffler, he's never seen such an out of form top 10 in the world right now. Thomas, Spieth, Koepka, Rahm, McIlroy etc etc all playing average to poor. The stats show it.

Not sure this era is the greatest bunch of golfers compared to others.
Koepka/Rahm made soft by the riches? Or the lack of depth of competition on the LIV tour?

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
2024 Red Jacket - Final Results

Thanks to Tom Kim (-6) Catweazle Fleetwood (-3) and Taylor Moore (-2), managed to shoot a final round -10 and put a gap on artball who also shot a decent score himself with -5 and a Runner Up finish in his first ever Red Jacket. Is artball the Ludvig Aberg of the Red Jacket ? Getting all 8 players through the cut and them all playing solidy sure helps.

Third place and podium finisher, and leading amateur (not that he had much to beat in the hapless Nobet Pays) was Mr Burnside at -2. He climbed past Beets with a -8, the equal second best score of the day, leaving Beets 3 shots back in 4th spot.

Sammy Cougar climbs from 6th to 5th. Miles Davis drops from 5th to 6th. Billy24 and Moops both move up a couple of spots into 7th and 8th respectively. Moops shoots a final round -8. Well done Moops but the RJ eludes you for another year. PGA Championship ahead for you Moops.

Tigerman (past winner) manages to stave off Nobet Pays and spoof at the end of the Red Jacket Leaderboard. Reckon Snuffler and the final round average of 72.48 and the 'failed to make the cut' score of +2 might have helped you there Toigs. The less said about spoof and Nobets the better. Drofgusta National committee might have to review the invitation criteria and ban aged care retirees. Bringing the "toooonament" into disrepute are the Dunces of Doom.

Anwyay, well done to all. Thanks for playing. See you at the next PRE major in a few weeks - The PGA Championship from Valhalla, Kentucky.

1713152340608.png

1713152026924.png

1713152149744.png
1713152194436.png

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Koepka/Rahm made soft by the riches? Or the lack of depth of competition on the LIV tour?
I think its starting to kick in with these guys how rubbish LIV really is, and the effect its having on their games. You only had to listen to Rahm's comments the last few weeks.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Well done Red on not only hosting a great event but also claiming the jacket to boot ! Outstanding effort !

Made a mess of the field really.

PGA not my ideal 1st major win in a few weeks but I will take anything at the moment.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I wanted a non- American to win. And if it had to be an American, then I wanted it to be my boy Stoner Homa. I follow some of his social media stuff. He’s very funny and seems to be a humble, good guy.

Played well but it all got the better of him on the back 9 Sunday. Not the first that’s happened to.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Good on ya Redders, the law of averages says that you couldn't keep choking:)

In all seriousness, well done and thanks for running it again.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I wanted a non- American to win. And if it had to be an American, then I wanted it to be my boy Stoner Homa. I follow some of his social media stuff. He’s very funny and seems to be a humble, good guy.

Played well but it all got the better of him on the back 9 Sunday. Not the first that’s happened to.

I reckon he was the most solid from tee to green over the 4 days, he just couldn't make a putt.

And that's not to say he putted badly either, hit a lot of nice rolls that just didn't drop.

Last edited:

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I was impressed with Homa over the 4 rounds, especially the first two rounds, I'm sold on him now.
Aberg, wow, an amazing talent. A double bogie on 15 on day 1 was a rookie mistake, as was the double bogie on 11 today, that took the pressure of $cheffler.

$cheffler has got some serious competition ahead of him in Homa and Aberg.

Aberg was great to watch. Really seemed to enjoy his first Masters.

Always smiling, even when some plonker knocked his protein bar out of his hands.

Terrific young player.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Thanks Red. Shuffler type win, and you didn't even have the shuffler.

Disappointed with my boys, particularly Rory & Hideki. Spent big dollars on elite talent but got sour cream.

Fox will be ruing his inability to play the back nine, should have finished much closer given his great starts each day.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Aberg was great to watch. Really seemed to enjoy his first Masters.

Always smiling, even when some plonker knocked his protein bar out of his hands.

Terrific young player.
Yeah I saw that. Knowing the goddamns want for collecting things i’m sure someone would’ve swooped on it like a seagull and is trying to flog it off.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How dodgy is it when you “ win” the event without picking the actual winner …protest 3rd against first

• Haha