Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

The way these leaders are bleeding shots we might see the Aussies reasonably close at the end of the round.

2024 Red Jacket - Round 3 Leaderboard

Due to some implosions and sketchy putting, and really, some average golf given the good conditions, Round 3 "moving day" sees ...well....not that much moving actually !

DeChumpo and Hojgaard implode on the back 9 with DeChumpo rescuing things a bit with a hole out on 18. Stoner Homa cant buy a putt. Everyone else just fair to middling with the exception of Chris Kirk.

In one of the closer battles for the Red Jacket, the first 5 places remain the same after round 3. Any of those are a possibility to win. Then there's a big bunch sitting tight, between places 6th to 13th. Who can move up ?

Angle Ankle shoots the best Round 3 score with a -2 and moves from 13th to 8th. Unbelievably, Red Jacket stalwart Tigerman now finds himself in a battle for last place with the founders of the Dunces of Doom. Nobet Pays gets himself off the bottom of the ladder with a +1 in Round 3 which is the second best score of the day. Tigerman won't want a re-ocurrence of that !

Bit of an uncertain Round 4 ahead I think. Snuffler obviously the favourite but that putter looked a bit iffy at times today. Morikawa a strong player mentally, but again, that putter can be wobbly. Stoner playing the best all round golf for mine to date but he's zero for majors. Pressure ? Aberg....maybe. First major too. Hojgaard. Scarred ? Xander getting better slowly...does he have a big round in him ? Don't think Davis' short game is good enough. Smith not quite on song and too far back ? DeChumpo a chance.

Let's get it on !

Check your scorecards. Lots of entries, players and numbers. Let me know if anything isn't correct.

1713068459947.png

1713068542445.png
1713068566462.png

Reactions: 3 users
I like DeChumpo. Just caught up with last night's play. Felt for him when it was falling apart then the 18th hole-out was great. Clearly emotional.

Reactions: 1 user
Geez my mob have played some dumb golf.
Two of the duffers took on the pond on 11 in Rd 2. Needless to say they are blacklisted.
Hope someone rolls Scheffler tomorrow. Don’t care who.

Geez my mob have played some dumb golf.
Two of the duffers took on the pond on 11 in Rd 2. Needless to say they are blacklisted.
Hope someone rolls Scheffler tomorrow. Don’t care who.
Prefer Snuffler over DeChumpo. Will take anyone but him.

Shuffles just too good for everyone at the moment. Only a couple of crazy water moments on 15 & 16 will save everyone.

Jeez Ryan Fox has had a crazy tournament. If he just played the first 8 holes each day he would be 9 under and in front. Shuffles is 3 under for the same stretch.