Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Rumours that R. McIlroy has accepted a $1.2 billion dollar AUD offer to join LIV.

Apparently, reckons Jay Monahan lied, sold the PGA Tour out, is incompetent, and figures WTF…I may as well join them given how he’s run things.
After all he said about LIV and the players, he'd want to watch his back, to be sure to be sure.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Deliberately went on the Tuesday so I could take a camera , more interested in seeing the course than the golfers . Arrived at course around 6:30 for memory , spent a bit of time around practice fairway and food area , went the top dropped at 8 headed straight down 10 , to amen corner , then wandered back through the course , then walked the course as best you can from 1 to 18 , was on very limited time so absolutely would do things different , firstly spend at least 3 days there , definitely a Monday or Tuesday , grab a chair go set up at amen then again cover as much of the course as possible , que up early for photo at front of clubhouse , do souvenir shopping early on , grab a good spot on the practice fairway for a few hours . Book early for a few bbq joints

And somehow fit in a couple of hrs watching em skip it at 16 too.

Theres too much to do in 1 day for sure.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
$cheffler is in the best of company.

"Scottie Scheffler won his second green jacket in three years. The World No.1 fended off all his challengers, closing with a four-under-par 68 to secure a commanding four-stroke victory at Augusta National.
The American is the first player since Tiger Woods 23 years ago to win the Arnold Palmer Invitational, Players Championship and Masters in the same season. Scheffler also joins Tiger as the only player in golf history to win the US junior amateur championship and multiple Masters titles. At age 27, Scheffler is the fourth-youngest man to win multiple green jackets behind only Woods, Jack Nicklaus and Seve Ballesteros.
"

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Slow golf. Played recently at the Nash with a couple of younger guys. Their dad had a family membership. They were in a cart. One off 15 and one about 22.

The kid off 22 took ages to do everything. Prepare for his shot. Play his shot. Prepare for his putt. Play his putt. It was the longest I have ever seen anyone take to play a golf shot. We play 6 holes in close to 1hr 45 without waiting to play once and on the 7th green the course marshall was waiting for us. I met him on the 8th tee and explained the situation. I was a guest and in reality had no right to tell these kids to speed up. (I did at one stage say we are over a hole behind - after we had played 2 holes!) and had to speed up. Made no difference.

I love playing golf but did not enjoy any of that game. I cannot stand guys taking ages to play shots. Oh, he also had a habit of marking putts if over about a foot. Just putt out. This whoile notion of standing on lines and causing problemns for that persons putt is a crock IMO. Taking too long to play is made worse if they are off 22. The kid could actually be off a lot less, he could actually hit a decent ball but I have no doubt the time it took simply allowed for too many thoughts to enter his head. There was nothing natural about his preparation. A pre-shot routine is important but this was ridiculous.

Slow play - :poop:

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Slow golf. Played recently at the Nash with a couple of younger guys. Their dad had a family membership. They were in a cart. One off 15 and one about 22.

The kid off 22 took ages to do everything. Prepare for his shot. Play his shot. Prepare for his putt. Play his putt. It was the longest I have ever seen anyone take to play a golf shot. We play 6 holes in close to 1hr 45 without waiting to play once and on the 7th green the course marshall was waiting for us. I met him on the 8th tee and explained the situation. I was a guest and in reality had no right to tell these kids to speed up. (I did at one stage say we are over a hole behind - after we had played 2 holes!) and had to speed up. Made no difference.

I love playing golf but did not enjoy any of that game. I cannot stand guys taking ages to play shots. Oh, he also had a habit of marking putts if over about a foot. Just putt out. This whoile notion of standing on lines and causing problemns for that persons putt is a crock IMO. Taking too long to play is made worse if they are off 22. The kid could actually be off a lot less, he could actually hit a decent ball but I have no doubt the time it took simply allowed for too many thoughts to enter his head. There was nothing natural about his preparation. A pre-shot routine is important but this was ridiculous.

Nothing worse than slow play, no excuse for it either.

Ruins the round every time.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

The old course is generally 45 minutes slower , due to how hard it is but more so bloody guests taking photos ;):ROFLMAO: . I’ve played at the back of a Saturday field taking around 5 and a half hours , my son and I played last Friday night in 2 and a half , huge issue in golf is if the slowest player plays early the rest of the field can’t go any faster , plus the pros with all there stuffing around just makes our game even slower

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Infuriating. Perhaps even worse if you are stuck in a group behind them.

I can only play a few holes in the evening at the moment, but when I do, I run across every slow *** and his dog. Does my head in. And I dont classify myself as a "quick" player either. Me and my golf mates are all in the sensibly moderate space. Not quick...not slow. 4hr 10 mins average I'd say in a group 4 for 18 holes.

Our club is just full of chronically slow players. Never seen anything like it. We have a really bad combo of dhead 30yo-40yo's who have just taken the game up in the last few years and think they are Tiger Woods and have never been set on the right path, or if they have, they ignore it. Then, we have a lot of very senior members (like Mr Burnside) who are oblivious to anything and everything around them, think they own the fairways, and just take as much time as they want doing whatever they want.

Both groups are littered with people who take endless practice swings, stand over the ball for an eternity, *** around at their bag, forget stuff, walk like they're sleep walking, stand around talking, ** about with their mobiles, no idea where their ball has gone etc etc. Worse, most of them cant play for *smile* and top and hack the ball one shot after another so they are repeating their bad movements infinitum.

I'm not joking, I can play in the evening, hit 4 balls (only supposed to be 2) off the tee, 4 again off the fairway, have about 10-12 practice putts on the green and a bit of a chip, and I'll still be waiting for the group of 2 that's in front of me to tee off on the next hole.

I had a few beers with a couple of guys at the club about 6 weeks ago who had just joined from Keysborough. They were saying they loved the club, course etc but the slow play at our place was doing their head in.

I blame the pro shop a bit. They don't monitor it properly, give warnings, educate etc well enough. Same with other *smile* that goes on e.g. leaving rakes either outside the bunker or leaning up against the bunker wall. Does my head in as well. They only have to politely remind people when they are registering before they are going out to play. But they don't.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
The old course is generally 45 minutes slower , due to how hard it is but more so bloody guests taking photos ;):ROFLMAO: . I’ve played at the back of a Saturday field taking around 5 and a half hours , my son and I played last Friday night in 2 and a half , huge issue in golf is if the slowest player plays early the rest of the field can’t go any faster , plus the pros with all there stuffing around just makes our game even slower
We were on the Moonah. I was really looking forward to it, it's the sort of course that the more you play the more you enjoy (for me anyway). There are lots of new discoveries and ways to play the holes depending on wind etc. So it really killed me to have to endure such a *smile* experience. And I cannot help but rush myself and feel bad for the following groups when you hold people up.

It really should only be 4 hours for the Moonah on a stableford day. The other thing I suspect was the muppet was playing out holes despite having no shots left - another thing that *smile* me - selfish gits!!

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Our club is just full of chronically slow players. Never seen anything like it. We have a really bad combo of dhead 30yo-40yo's who have just taken the game up in the last few years and think they are Tiger Woods and have never been set on the right path, or if they have, they ignore it. Then, we have a lot of very senior members (like Mr Burnside) who are oblivious to anything and everything around them, think they own the fairways, and just take as much time as they want doing whatever they want.

Both groups are littered with people who take endless practice swings, stand over the ball for an eternity, *** around at their bag, forget stuff, walk like they're sleep walking, stand around talking, ** about with their mobiles, no idea where their ball has gone etc etc. Worse, most of them cant play for *smile* and top and hack the ball one shot after another so they are repeating their bad movements infinitum.

Yeh, I was lucky to play with dad and some older guys who loved the game but loved the banter and beer after games just as much so they set you straight about etiquette. One practice swing, walk staright to your ball, get ready to play if not your turn whether on fairway or green, leave your clubs on correct side of green, mark your card when appropriate (not standing on back of green nor on next tee if you are up to hit)...it's all pretty simple. Should be faster now with flag left in, ready golf motto etc.

I love it when clowns take a long time to play a shot only to *smile* it up. This kid was doing meditative breathing before every shot and every putt! He 3 putted about 10 times. I wanted to say DON'T THINK DO!!

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
When are we having a PRE golf weekend? Mr B can get us on The Nash and the next day we get on PK with Red! I'd even take a couple of days off work to do it during the week.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeh, I was lucky to play with dad and some older guys who loved the game but loved the banter and beer after games just as much so they set you straight about etiquette. One practice swing, walk staright to your ball, get ready to play if not your turn whether on fairway or green, leave your clubs on correct side of green, mark your card when appropriate (not standing on back of green nor on next tee if you are up to hit)...it's all pretty simple. Should be faster now with flag left in, ready golf motto etc.

I love it when clowns take a long time to play a shot only to *smile* it up. This kid was doing meditative breathing before every shot and every putt! He 3 putted about 10 times. I wanted to say DON'T THINK DO!!
You should have said something pretty firmly/directly.

“Guys, looks like we’re way off the pace. Might have to pick it up a bit.”

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
*smile* slow golfers. A bloke I was playing with this afternoon said that players should hit within a max of 40 seconds of when they're able to play. I hadn't heard any sort of shot clock reference like that before but it definitely makes sense.

Played with a chronically slow bloke in a medal day 12 months ago. Myself and another playing partner started a stop watch for how long it took for him to hit his ball by the time it was clear to play - 90 seconds was about the highest we got. Worst part was he wasn't slow between shots. Got to his ball quick but watched everyone else play their shot, then he pulls out the range finder, then mulls over what club to hit, then has 3 practice swings, then stands behind visualising the shot, and then stands over it for another 25 seconds. Next thing you know its taken the full 90 seconds. He could least do the range finder and club selection while waiting on others to play.

Also played on the weekend in a stableford round where 2 of the blokes would play out the hole even if they'd run out of shots. I had to call it out because we were falling behind. One of them complains later that i was rushing him later on. Nah mate, just pick up your *smile* ball if you've wiped the hole! Don't be an inconsiderate prick.

In the last few months I've found myself calling out slow play more and more. Usually just something like "we're a hole behind fellas, let's speed it up". I try to ensure it's clear I'm speaking to the group as a whole so no one feels like they're being singled out. Might still upset the odd player but if that's the case then they're not worth playing with anyway.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
*smile* slow golfers. A bloke I was playing with this afternoon said that players should hit within a max of 40 seconds of when they're able to play. I hadn't heard any sort of shot clock reference like that before but it definitely makes sense.

Played with a chronically slow bloke in a medal day 12 months ago. Myself and another playing partner started a stop watch for how long it took for him to hit his ball by the time it was clear to play - 90 seconds was about the highest we got. Worst part was he wasn't slow between shots. Got to his ball quick but watched everyone else play their shot, then he pulls out the range finder, then mulls over what club to hit, then has 3 practice swings, then stands behind visualising the shot, and then stands over it for another 25 seconds. Next thing you know its taken the full 90 seconds. He could least do the range finder and club selection while waiting on others to play.

Also played on the weekend in a stableford round where 2 of the blokes would play out the hole even if they'd run out of shots. I had to call it out because we were falling behind. One of them complains later that i was rushing him later on. Nah mate, just pick up your *smile* ball if you've wiped the hole! Don't be an inconsiderate prick.

In the last few months I've found myself calling out slow play more and more. Usually just something like "we're a hole behind fellas, let's speed it up". I try to ensure it's clear I'm speaking to the group as a whole so no one feels like they're being singled out. Might still upset the odd player but if that's the case then they're not worth playing with anyway.
Those guys….id have said something too. That’s just selfish, living in a cocoon type *smile* you see everywhere more and more nowadays.

If I’m not the first to play and I’m at my ball about the same time as the others, every single time I’ve got the distance and club I need before it’s my turn. Not *** after !

Who the *** keeps playing when they’ve wiped the hole out ? That’s just bs. Wake up fwit.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Apparently plays off 0.3!!
Absolute bullsht. That's not a 0.3 swing.

And if it is, then its testimony to the totally phoney handicapping that exists worldwide now thanks to the rubbish system the USGA has conned everyone into adopting.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Absolute bullsht. That's not a 0.3 swing.

And if it is, then its testimony to the totally phoney handicapping that exists worldwide now thanks to the rubbish system the USGA has conned everyone into adopting.
I was wrong! Apparently of plus 1!!!!

With that swing!! he must have a great short game.