Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
thanks Red. I am Aberg!

Runner-Up to the Master will do me, thanks to dumb beginners luck getting the 8 through the cut.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
$cheffler has won 3 of his last 4 tournaments, he came 2nd in the other one.
One of those wins was the Players Championship, the unofficial 5th Major, Tiger would be happy to have done that.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I reckon he was the most solid from tee to green over the 4 days, he just couldn't make a putt.

And that's not to say he putted badly either, hit a lot of nice rolls that just didn't drop.
Yeah. He just couldn’t get any 15-20 footers for birdie to drop. Barely missed a putt from 8 feet for par all tournament but just couldn’t make the birds on the weekend.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How dodgy is it when you “ win” the event without picking the actual winner …protest 3rd against first
Protest dismissed by Drofgusta Committee.

Further, being a team scoring event, and not understanding that basic fact, banned from future tooonaments for abject dumbness.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Yeah. He just couldn’t get any 15-20 footers for birdie to drop. Barely missed a putt from 8 feet for par all tournament but just couldn’t make the birds on the weekend.

Yep. He birdied I think it was the 4th in Rd 2, his next wasn’t until the 2nd of Rd 4.

And barely moved anywhere on the leaderboard.

Solid, solid play, especially given the conditions on Fri and Sat.

Reactions: 1 user

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Magnificent work over the last week r/f.

As consecutive/back to back reigning champ, I begrudgingly relinquish the repulsive red jacket to a worthy winner.

Your depth of field team selection without hot favs schuffler & iceberg, tho leaving me without an excuse, showed a fine appreciation of talent & form.

This comp really adds to the major experience.
Well done.
:)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Was at the 2016 masters and the 150th Open , been the 150th at St Andrew’s and Smith winning made an incredible event , however after watching another Masters I’ve got Augusta as the clear best major , love the fact we all no the course back to front and that back 9 is just made for drama , Open clear second , US open clear 3rd and the US PGA just ahead of a lot of other events IMHO

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Rumours that R. McIlroy has accepted a $1.2 billion dollar AUD offer to join LIV.

Apparently, reckons Jay Monahan lied, sold the PGA Tour out, is incompetent, and figures WTF…I may as well join them given how he’s run things.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Was at the 2016 masters and the 150th Open , been the 150th at St Andrew’s and Smith winning made an incredible event , however after watching another Masters I’ve got Augusta as the clear best major , love the fact we all no the course back to front and that back 9 is just made for drama , Open clear second , US open clear 3rd and the US PGA just ahead of a lot of other events IMHO
I reckon for drama The Masters is hard to top. But the limited field and the fact the course does limit how many players can win (short hitters zero chance now). I like that the weather had an influence this year and made it tougher.

The BO will always be number 1 for prestige me, I like that the courses rotate and that the weather plays a big part. That you can hit it in all manner of ways and still win.

They are clear 1 and 2 though.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Rumours that R. McIlroy has accepted a $1.2 billion dollar AUD offer to join LIV.

Apparently, reckons Jay Monahan lied, sold the PGA Tour out, is incompetent, and figures WTF…I may as well join them given how he’s run things.
Chamblee & McGinley will be inconsolable if true.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
If I had a choice I would probably go to The Masters as a spectator.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
If I had a choice I would probably go to The Masters as a spectator.

And you would never regret it MD.

Reckon you need to go for at least 2 days though. So much to do and see that 1 day just isn't quite enough IMO.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

Would be one of the biggest back-flip's in sport if true.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How did you spend your day/s at Augusta @Mr Brightside ?

Would you do anything differently ?
Deliberately went on the Tuesday so I could take a camera , more interested in seeing the course than the golfers . Arrived at course around 6:30 for memory , spent a bit of time around practice fairway and food area , went the top dropped at 8 headed straight down 10 , to amen corner , then wandered back through the course , then walked the course as best you can from 1 to 18 , was on very limited time so absolutely would do things different , firstly spend at least 3 days there , definitely a Monday or Tuesday , grab a chair go set up at amen then again cover as much of the course as possible , que up early for photo at front of clubhouse , do souvenir shopping early on , grab a good spot on the practice fairway for a few hours . Book early for a few bbq joints