Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

waterford valley michael

ferntree gully road, know/rowville

interesting to note. the proshop isn't realy a pro shop. balls tees and a few shirts. no clubs, bags etc. it was kinda strange as i am usualy one that likes to look at all the latest gear before and after every round. there wasn't really much to see

LidsandBling said:
waterford valley michael

ferntree gully road, know/rowville

interesting to note. the proshop isn't realy a pro shop. balls tees and a few shirts. no clubs, bags etc. it was kinda strange as i am usualy one that likes to look at all the latest gear before and after every round. there wasn't really much to see

They named a golf course after a vase?

L&B
Tried the new TM balls yet?

LidsandBling said:
tm balls? no. who makes them?

Taylor Made

Here's a brief rundown

http://golf.about.com/od/equipmentreviews/a/tpredandblack.htm

Michael said:
LidsandBling said:

Taylor Made

Here's a brief rundown

sorry mate, straight over my head

yes i have used the blacks. i liked them a lot. have not tried the reds

what do you think of em?

LidsandBling said:
Michael said:
LidsandBling said:

Taylor Made

Here's a brief rundown

sorry mate, straight over my head

yes i have used the blacks. i liked them a lot. have not tried the reds

what do you think of em?

Dunno
Never used them, they arrived in Aus not that long ago
Thought you'd be da man, given your preference for all things Taylor Made

One of my pimply mates works at Drummonds, he thinks these balls are great. But he has an aversion to all things Titliest

i dont really enjoy or feel the need for $9 balls. something about losing them and scuffing them by hitting them into trees all day

;D

titleist so-lo and maxfli noodle for me. good cheap balls

Just had a few days of Golf in the North East,courses up there are in great nick,Did I mention the Cobra Speed driver they simply need to build courses longer ;D

CC
I could have used your speed driver at Barnbougle, might have been able to make the fairway on the 17th

CC TIGER said:
Obviously Mick there was a little bit of a Terry in your face

Just a little
The 17th was about 280 to the front of the green
Driver, 3 wood - still short

The thing that I found more difficult was the hardness of the greens, nothing seemed to stick.

Great Course, Great Fun

Did you notice that the greens are the same grass as the fairways(mixed) they are designed to have a very hard base to give that genuine links feel but they also have that spike to make them hold the ball steady

Going to try one of these public tracks you all talk of today :hihi,after my fine little 2 under the other day im pretty keen to get in to the 60s today ;D

CC TIGER said:
Did you notice that the greens are the same grass as the fairways(mixed) they are designed to have a very hard base to give that genuine links feel but they also have that spike to make them hold the ball steady

Yep the greens are the same grass as the fairways...
But the constant wind made them rock hard.
The still had a fair bit of cover, so they werent overly fast

Putting in the wind isnt a lot of fun....Pace, Line and Wind - YUK
If you lagged the putts up - Gone - Blown away

Just played Berwick/Montuna very enjoyable little track.

Need a nice little short game if you want too go real deep around there

CC TIGER said:
Just had a few days of Golf in the North East,courses up there are in great nick,Did I mention the Cobra Speed driver they simply need to build courses longer ;D

Nth East?
You talking Murray Downs or Rosanna?

The fine product that Cobra is is actually owned by Acushnet which of course owns Titleist,Scotty Cameron,Vokey,Foot Joy an others.

They also have this new Speed Driver out you wouldnt believe how far it go's,have I mentioned it before ;D

Michael said:
CC TIGER said:

Nth East?
You talking Murray Downs or Rosanna?
Yarrawonga,Bright, Jubilee that North East

CC TIGER said:
The fine product that Cobra is is actually owned by Acushnet which of course owns Titleist,Scotty Cameron,Vokey,Foot Joy an others.

They also have this new Speed Driver out you wouldnt believe how far it go's,have I mentioned it before ;D

I knew that Cobra was a division of Acushnet i.e. just as Taylor Made is a division of the Adidas-Saloman AG Group. (Incidentally, did you know that Adidas also own Reebok as well ? That means that next years RFC apparel will be indirectly supplied by Adidas.)

Anyway, what I’m saying is that Cobra is a loss making component of Acushnet.

I hear that the only people they can flog their inferior goods to are those who are being paid mega bucks to use them e.g. Geoff Ogilvy and unsuspecting bozos who then try to on-flog their gear once they recognise its no good. So I hear, anyway.