Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Its amazing really
For the last 5 years or so Ive gone on and off the pro V1.
Flirted with Callaway Blue, then Calaway Black, then Ben Hogans.
Had a brief interlude with the pro V1 *
Always seem to end up back with the original pro V1.

It seems to have more to do with my head rather than the ball
If you hit a dud shot, its the balls fault

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
jim furyk is living proof you dont have to look good to hit em well, but on the weekend he did neither

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Redford said:
Michael said:

I prefer to blame the golf pro who gave me the bad swing to hit the dud shot in the first place. ;D
I dont think even Sydney Nolan could have made a Picaso look good ;D
I wonder if sydney would have changed his grip?
I mean no wonder you cant paint strainght, you gotta get your right hand over
Perhaps we should get you a custom fitted brush, Henry Griffiths make some lovely brushes

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
CC TIGER said:
So are you saying Micheal we should use super long paint bushes with extra whippy handles ;D

No way : Stiff handles with oversized bristles

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
CC TIGER said:
Redford said:
Michael said:

I prefer to blame the golf pro who gave me the bad swing to hit the dud shot in the first place. ;D
I dont think even Sydney Nolan could have made a Picaso look good ;D

Yeah, but some pros are the equivalent of Charles *smile* as far as art goes. :hihi

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Ahhh with that sought of technology they would have to be very over priced ;D

And fitted by a professional, not some pimply faced kid

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Any one on here played St Andrews beach?Im havin a game soon an have not heard a bad report yet

Not played, but I too have heard great reports.
I'm off to Barnbouhgle next weekend - Woo Hoo

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Played there back in May I think ,very good track some very unique holes, but the highlight is the natural terrain an the use of the old gem THE short hole.
The walk from 4 to 5 is sensational,but I hated the blind tee shot on the par 3 16th.
Will be great to here what you think,some have been a bit dissapointed in recent times due to the hype

BloodOath

Now this is a team!
Sep 1, 2004
Melbourne
Michael said:
CC TIGER said:
Any one on here played St Andrews beach?Im havin a game soon an have not heard a bad report yet

Not played, but I too have heard great reports.
I'm off to Barnbouhgle next weekend - Woo Hoo

Michael,

You want to hope the weather isn't bad! Also take a heap of balls - no matter if its still - you are still gonna need em! Hope you enjoy it superb challenging course!

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
This'll be my second visit.

First visit. 45 holes played. Lost 7 balls. Found 1.

Friday it blew like crazy. Saturday it blew even harder and the Sunday it was dead still.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Played there back in May I think ,very good track some very unique holes, but the highlight is the natural terrain an the use of the old gem THE short hole.
The walk from 4 to 5 is sensational,but I hated the blind tee shot on the par 3 16th.
Will be great to here what you think,some have been a bit dissapointed in recent times due to the hype

There's a par 4 on the 2nd nine. Probably the 15th
The tee is down low next to the mouth of the creek
A little shack and fishing boat nearby.
The tee is very sheltered, but wow, hit your drive and watch the wind take it away.
Had to start the ball so far right we were basically aiming at the ocean
Great Fun

Wouldnt want to play there everyday though

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Didnt loose one for the day ;D but a mate of mine must have gone through quite a few.Due to the fact that my other good mate recieved 5 shots after negotiations(an ball toss), an went around in 76 with an 8 on 1 hole, it was quite a proffitable day :hihi.Those Euro tour players just seem to struggle a bit in the wind

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Michael said:
CC TIGER said:

There's a par 4 on the 2nd nine. Probably the 15th
The tee is down low next to the mouth of the creek
A little shack and fishing boat nearby.
The tee is very sheltered, but wow, hit your drive and watch the wind take it away.
Had to start the ball so far right we were basically aiming at the ocean
Great Fun

Wouldnt want to play there everyday though
It would be 15 we had the wind coming from the left,1 guy in our group actually blocked his drive which turned out to be perfect, coming straight up the green, if you go down the middle thats a bastard of a blind pitch to the green

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
CC TIGER said:

Get over to the real St.Andrews you softy. Hell Bunker, The Road Hole, drunk caddies you cant understand etc. etc.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout !

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Redford said:
CC TIGER said:

Get over to the real St.Andrews you softy. Hell Bunker, The Road Hole, drunk caddies you cant understand etc. etc.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout !
You an your bloody homeland ::) If I wanted to go play a course like that st Andrews id just go out to the airport an hit along the runway, though if its rained the runway would be a tad softer and at least you can see a tree from there