Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

CC TIGER said:
Redford said:
CC TIGER said:
Any one on here played St Andrews beach?Im havin a game soon an have not heard a bad report yet

Get over to the real St.Andrews you softy. Hell Bunker, The Road Hole, drunk caddies you cant understand etc. etc.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout !
You an your bloody homeland ::) If I wanted to go play a course like that st Andrews id just go out to the airport an hit along the runway, though if its rained the runway would be a tad softer and at least you can see a tree from there

Are you denigrating one of the greatest golf courses on the face of the earth, a course that many consider to be THE greatest course ?

You're drunk again arent you ?

Redford said:
CC TIGER said:
Not that big on plain old public tracks Red :eek:

Do you put Pebble Beach, Pinehurst, Bethpage etc. in that category too ?
Yes mate just plain old public tracks ::)

I see T Woo wins again,this time by 8(I think)23 under,eagled the last hole the first 3 rounds then tapped in for birdie on the last day.

On the news they said this is 6 straight wins, are they not counting TWM?

Intrestingly he said he is spent, needs some time off to go diving,played 9 weeks straight

He may have just inspired me to go for a trundle today :help

CC TIGER said:
Redford said:
CC TIGER said:
Not that big on plain old public tracks Red :eek:

Do you put Pebble Beach, Pinehurst, Bethpage etc. in that category too ?
Yes mate just plain old public tracks ::)

I see T Woo wins again,this time by 8(I think)23 under,eagled the last hole the first 3 rounds then tapped in for birdie on the last day.

On the news they said this is 6 straight wins, are they not counting TWM?

Intrestingly he said he is spent, needs some time off to go diving,played 9 weeks straight

He may have just inspired me to go for a trundle today :help

get back to work CC

playing this arvo at the new waterford valley course in knox/rowville.

water comes into play on 15 of the 18 holes and the 18th has an island green

i will be taking plenty of balls and will give a report this evening

CC TIGER said:
Look forward to it thanks Lids, but lets please keep these public courses of our thread :eek: :hihi

Ah you're just dark on public courses because you've been thrown off so many of them. In fact, you are the reason why so many of them are going out of business i.e. public liability risk is too great.

"Foooooooore ! Oh sheet...I think I've hit another car window."

Michael said:
Can someone explain what is  "ball striking" ?

How cleanly and/or powerfully you hit the ball. In other words, the level of solid contact that you make with the ball.

For example Woods is a great "ball striker."

On the other hand, Faldo was never recognised as a great "ball striker." He used to engineer the ball around the course, (quite often hitting it a bit thin and short), and used to rely on a mentally tough short game and a grind it out sort of style. CC Tiger adopts this approach.

Redford said:
Michael said:
Can someone explain what is "ball striking" ?

How cleanly and/or powerfully you hit the ball. In other words, the level of solid contact that you make with the ball.

On the other hand, Faldo was never recognised as a great "ball striker." He used to engineer the ball around the course, (quite often hitting it a bit thin and short), and used to rely on a mentally tough short game and a grind it out sort of style. CC Tiger adopts this approach.

Thanks
But HTF does the PGA rank "ball striking"

Michael said:
Redford said:
Michael said:

Thanks

By totaling a player's rank in both Total Driving (which is distance and accuracy) and then their Greens in Regulation.

Redford said:
Michael said:
Redford said:
Michael said:
Can someone explain what is "ball striking" ?

Thanks

By totaling a player's rank in both Total Driving (which is distance and accuracy) and then their Greens in Regulation.

So if they score well in driving and they score well in greens hit in regulation, then they're good ball strikers.

So being a good ball striker means that all thats left is the putting

Michael said:
Redford said:
Michael said:
Redford said:
Michael said:

Thanks

So if they score well in driving and they score well in greens hit in regulation, then they're good ball strikers.

So being a good ball striker means that all thats left is the putting

Not really. There's still sand saves, scrambles, final round averages, etc.

very tough day at the office

very warm and windy conditions. a typical links style course but bits of a resort course thrown in. lots of sand, rolling wide fairways, big greens that are easy to hit. heavy thick patchy rough thats impossible to find balls in and lots and lots and lots of water.

greens were slow and needed a shave badly. i had to smash the case off the ball to get her moving on most of the green. found water plenty of times and almost every bunker. lost 3 brand new balls on the 18th. bunkers are very soft sanded bunkers. not unlike sand at the beach. not my cup of tee. the fairways are a mixture between your good to better public courses and the lesser private courses. kinda like keysborough private if anyone has played there. not as good as flinders, rosebud, mornington, moonah links legends etc. they call it santa ana couch.

good course layout. 4 par 5's 2 on front and 2 on the back. a couple of short tricky par 4's. a long long par 3 over lots of water. 200m.

thats all i can really think of atm. i would play there again.

LidsandBling said:

very warm and windy conditions. a typical links style course but bits of a resort course thrown in. lots of sand, rolling wide fairways, big greens that are easy to hit. heavy thick patchy rough thats impossible to find balls in and lots and lots and lots of water.

greens were slow and needed a shave badly. i had to smash the case off the ball to get her moving on most of the green. found water plenty of times and almost every bunker. lost 3 brand new balls on the 18th.  bunkers are very soft sanded bunkers. not unlike sand at the beach. not my cup of tee. the fairways are a mixture between your good  to better public courses and the lesser private courses. kinda like keysborough private if anyone has played there. not as good as flinders, rosebud, mornington, moonah links legends etc. they call it santa ana couch.

good course layout. 4 par 5's 2 on front and 2 on the back. a couple of short tricky par 4's. a long long par 3 over lots of water. 200m.

So you lost all your balls out there Ba-da-bing ?

LidsandBling said:

greens were slow and needed a shave badly. i had to smash the case off the ball to get her moving on most of the green. found water plenty of times and almost every bunker. lost 3 brand new balls on the 18th. bunkers are very soft sanded bunkers. not unlike sand at the beach. not my cup of tee. the fairways are a mixture between your good to better public courses and the lesser private courses. kinda like keysborough private if anyone has played there. not as good as flinders, rosebud, mornington, moonah links legends etc. they call it santa ana couch.

L&B
Was this Wandon Valley?