Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Funny all this talk about slow play. Watching this week’s event from Harbour Town on the Tour, the 16th hole there was the scene of one of my biggest blow ups a few years ago re slow play. Geez I lost my *smile* (not unwarranted however).

Reckon I should have a plaque on the right side of the dogleg of that hole to commemorate my blow up.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
How is shuffler? What a performance to back
up after the masters win. Amazing. Incredible.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
4 out of 5 is huge. Woods did win 7 in a row and 6 in a row in different years.

Shuffler has won 9 of 21 between Jan-Apr over the last 3 years. It's incredible golf.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dunno if I’ve seen a guy chip in, hole out from the bunker, or sink as many 60 foot putts as him the last 5-6 weeks. Unreal.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
His chip in for eagle on the 2nd hole of the final round was sheer artistry.
That was unbelivable. I've played that course so I know what he was facing back there. Big mound off the bunker, hard right to left, pin cut relatively short towards the bunker........bang. In it goes. Simple. Perfect pitch length...perfect speed...perfect line.

Unreal. Thing is, he's doing it regularly.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
That was unbelivable. I've played that course so I know what he was facing back there. Big mound off the bunker, hard right to left, pin cut relatively short towards the bunker........bang. In it goes. Simple. Perfect pitch length...perfect speed...perfect line.

Unreal. Thing is, he's doing it regularly.
Yeh, before he played his second they basically said the only place not to be was long. They thought he was actually going for the front pot but flushed his iron so sort of let him off for the mistake. They were shocked that he holed it, as you say it had to be perfect.

His confidence must be off the scale.

When you think about it 3 or 4 rounds is nothing. One shot a round. But he is intimidating everyone like Tiger did.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
You look at his stats and his putting is still just average.

Overall, he was 36th for SG putting out of 69 players.

He is 93rd in SG putting this year! He is 142nd for putting inside 10'.

Imagine if he keeps improving his putting.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeh, before he played his second they basically said the only place not to be was long. They thought he was actually going for the front pot but flushed his iron so sort of let him off for the mistake. They were shocked that he holed it, as you say it had to be perfect.

His confidence must be off the scale.

When you think about it 3 or 4 rounds is nothing. One shot a round. But he is intimidating everyone like Tiger did.
Justin Thomas got it right with Snuffler when he said during the week that he's played with the guy a lot over the last 2 years and that he is really boring to play with - not personality wise but game wise. He said he just hits every fairway, every green and rarely has to rely on shaping a shot. He's like a metronome.

I see similarities between Snuffler and Nicklaus. Long and high, hitting most fairways and greens, and then just let your putter do the talking. No big shapes off the tee, no big risks, just solid ball striking. And again, like Nicklaus, if he misses a fairway or green, its not by much because he plays that long high fade.

You rarely saw Jack in trouble, and you rarely see Snuffler in trouble. After a while, that puts pressure on your opponents. Wears them down.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Justin Thomas got it right with Snuffler when he said during the week that he's played with the guy a lot over the last 2 years and that he is really boring to play with - not personality wise but game wise. He said he just hits every fairway, every green and rarely has to rely on shaping a shot. He's like a metronome.

I see similarities between Snuffler and Nicklaus. Long and high, hitting most fairways and greens, and then just let your putter do the talking. No big shapes off the tee, no big risks, just solid ball striking. And again, like Nicklaus, if he misses a fairway or green, its not by much because he plays that long high fade.

You rarely saw Jack in trouble, and you rarely see Snuffler in trouble. After a while, that puts pressure on your opponents. Wears them down.
Do u think the Snuff can surpass Jack and become the second best golfer of all time ?

• Love