Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Interesting to see the odds for the Ryder Cup
Euro's $1.85
USA $2.25

Dont think the K club is gunna be much of an advantage to the Euro's

Verpland and Cink look like smart picks
Clarke and Westwood for Mr Woosie. I hope Clarke is able to focus and the rest of his mates for that matter.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Lets make this the official golf thread as there's always so much golf to talk about.

As always I hope the Euros flog the Yanks in the Ryder Cup but agree, the K Club is not gonna provide much of an advantage to the Euros.

Wouldn't have gone with Clarke as a captain's pick. Westwood, ok, but agree...is Clarke gonna be ready mentally ? Would have preferred Poulter over Clarke.

Anybody hear that ahole Azinger on the golf this morning ? IBF mentioned that there are 14 Australians in the top 100. Azinger responded by saying: "Who cares - apart from you and the 14 players."

This is why so many people hate Americans and why they get their bums handed to them so many times by the Euros in the Ryder Cup.

I hope it happens again to them.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Couldnt agree more.
I'll be rooting for the euro's

Didnt azinger say something nice though when describing Allenby's ace......along the lines of......the purest golf shot he has ever seen.
Soemone should tell Azinger that all the Euro Ryder Cup team are household names in Oz, but who are these guys: Vaughn Taylor, Zach Johnson, Brett Wetterdick

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Azinger is, and always has been, a jerk.

I reckon this Ryder Cup will be very close, if not (I hate to say it) a win to the US. Just a feeling I have.

*smile*' Tom Lehman....

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Useless fact;

Sergio Second palce goes out with Greg Norman's daughter.

If they get married can Greg be the Sergio's bridesmaid just for old time's sake.
:rofl

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Woodsie ! Again !

Poor ol Vijay has a 3 shot lead and shoots a 69 but still cant beat him ! Heh heh heh heh....

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Redford said:
Woodsie ! Again !

Poor ol Vijay has a 3 shot lead and shoots a 69 but still cant beat him ! Heh heh heh heh....

Couldnt happen to a nicer bloke
Two eagles in a 63. Brilliant work.
Its not just the intimidation that blows them away, the dude CAN PLAY

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
When I was in the US an instructor who works with Pat Perez showed me some personal footage he had taken of Woods’ swing on the practice range at a few PGA events. It was really unique footage in the sense that it was really up close and personal and the instructor pointed out a few things that Woods does that really set him apart from other golfers – some of it is actually a little bit unorthodox or specific to Woods. Really interesting stuff.

He has the best set up in golf. Check out his posture. Perfect. That allows him to have almost a perfect swing plane. Check out the angle that runs between his shoulders and the ball and how that line is in paralel with the golf club and how it remains that way right throughout his swing.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Redford said:
Check out the angle that runs between his shoulders and the ball and how that line is in paralel with the golf club and how it remains that way right throughout his swing. 

Yeah, I know. I have a very similar swing myself.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dean3 said:
Redford said:
Check out the angle that runs between his shoulders and the ball and how that line is in paralel with the golf club and how it remains that way right throughout his swing. 

Yeah, I know. I have a very similar swing myself.

Your kids only tell you that to make you feel better. Otherwise, they're sick of being hit in the ankles by your shanks.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Congrats to Melbourne Boy Andrew Tampion on making the Eisenhower team(best 3 Amateurs in country)I believe its Kingswood GC 2nd player in the last couple of years

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Congrats to Melbourne Boy Andrew Tampion on making the Eisenhower team(best 3 Amateurs in country)I believe its Kingswood GC 2nd player in the last couple of years

Well Done
Another Dingley Boy
What is it with Dingley and Golf?

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Stevie Wonder and Tiger Woods are in a restaurant having dinner. Woods turns to Wonder and says, "How's the singing career going?"
Stevie Wonder replies, "Not too bad How's the golf?"
Woods replies,"Not too bad, I've had some problems with my swing, but I think I've got that going right now."
Stevie says, "I always find that when my golf swing goes wrong, I need to stop playing for a while and not think about it. Then, the next time I play, it seems to be all right."
Tiger says, "You play golf?"
Wonder says, "Oh, yes, I've been playing for years."
Woods says, "But you're blind! How can you play golf if you can't see?"
Wonder replies, "I get my caddy to stand in the middle of the fairway and call to me. I listen for the sound of his voice and play the ball toward him. Then, when I get to where the ball lands, the caddy moves to the green or farther down the fairway and again I play the ball toward his voice"
"But how do you putt?" asks Woods.
Well," says Stevie, "I get my caddy to lean down in front of the hole and call to me with his head on the ground, and I just play the ball toward his voice."
Woods asks, "What's your handicap?"
Stevie says, "Well, I'm a scratch golfer."
Woods, incredulous, says to Stevie, "We've got to play a round sometime."
Wonder replies, "Well, people don't take me seriously, so I only play for money, and never play for less than $10,000 a hole.
Woods thinks it over and says, "OK, I'm for that, when would you like to play?"
Stevie says, "Pick any night you're free."

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Michael said:
CC TIGER said:

Well Done
Another Dingley Boy
Coaches in the area ;D

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Michael said:
CC TIGER said:

Well Done
Another Dingley Boy
Coaches in the area ;D

And I though it was the idolisation of Bob Shearer

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
FFS
just had a look at the Australian.

Wie targets Ryder Cup

Will she ever shut up. Fair dinkum, she hasn't won on the LPGA yet.
Playing in a euro event this weekend. I bet she is so far off the pace, she pulls out back nine day 1

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
All the stuff by and about Wie is just typical American hype and garbage. Sure she's a good young player, but for Gods sake can 1) her 2) her family and 3) the American media give us break from her until she actually wins something do you think ?

For me, chicks like Sorenstam, Webb, Ocoha etc. are what its all about with womens golf at the moment.

JPM

Will Richmond ever be the one?
Sep 3, 2003
East Melbourne
Redford said:
All the stuff by and about Wie is just typical American hype and garbage. Sure she's a good young player, but for Gods sake can 1) her 2) her family and 3) the American media give us break from her until she actually wins something do you think ?

For me, chicks like Sorenstam, Webb, Ocoha etc. are what its all about with womens golf at the moment.

Yes, the build up in Wie's early performances does have a touch of the Kournikova's about it!