Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Forget that Cobra crap Carnoustie is rambling on about. He’s just trying to sell you some of his used equipment.

I just brought back from the US with me the latest Taylor Made R7 460 Titanium Driver with moveable weights and their new titanium weight shift R7 fairway woods as well – all with Fujikura shafts.

I was giving my driver a whirl last night at MGA and the diff between that and my old standard XD 580 is quite noticeable.

I also bought a new Scotty Cameron putter as well, cut down to 34 inches. Puuure.

They should all be illegal.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Something very odd happened to a mate of mine this week.

He played in a corporate golf day with the usual shebang of prizez for longest drive and the like.

Anyway, they had a prize for the best putter of the day (not sure how it was worked out) which my mate duly won. For winning, they gave him a broomstick putter! A style of which he has never used. He assures me there was no tongue in cheek/humour involved with the prize.

As they say in the States - go figure.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Its all starting to get pretty nasty over there (as the Ryder Cup usually does).

The Irish press have called the American wives and girlfriends "floozies" and put up a false topless picture of Elin. Sergio has accused Woods of being a Ryder Cup choker.

Bring it on !

Check this article by a US w*nker at travelgolf.com

"Living in a foreign land can completely alter your perspective. Like make you think that the Ryder Cup is important.

Ninety nine percent of America knows better. I know diehard Scottsdale golfers - guys who live and breathe the game on arguably the U.S.'s top resort land, fanatics who wouldn't miss a shot of the Masters - who couldn't even tell you for sure which day the Ryder Cup Matches start.

This seems like a sensible approach for those who don't buy their gas by the liter too.

Until you step into a foreign land. Visiting another country is all it takes to convince you that the Ryder Cup is essential. Spend some time across a border - even if that border is closer to your home than many states - and suddenly Tiger Woods has the fate of the apple pie world resting on his putter.

It's so fashionable to rip the U.S. these days, that even a cynic cannot help but start pulling for a little red, white and blue domination. Even the Canadians are teeing off on the U.S. about world affairs. Spend any time in America's former discount play land and you'll hear all manners of America-the-bully jokes.

"We do have this oil in Alberta you might be interested in," a Canadian quipped proudly when an American made the usual refrain about Canada being safe from invasion because it doesn't have anything the U.S. needs. Yes, even our lovable neighbors to the north are getting cocky.

I can't tell you how many Americans I heard basically apologizing for being American - as if they needed to personally answer for political decisions - on a recent trip to British Columbia.

It doesn't matter if you're more Bill Clinton or George W., at a certain age you just get sick of hearing people railing on the U.S. because it's fashionable.

It's enough to make a man root for a Ryder Cup rout followed by a celebration that makes Brookline seem as subdued as fancy French dining.

As always, TravelGolf.com welcomes your comments. "

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Redford said:
Forget that Cobra crap Carnoustie is rambling on about. He’s just trying to sell you some of his used equipment.

I just brought back from the US with me the latest Taylor Made R7 460 Titanium Driver with moveable weights and their new titanium weight shift R7 fairway woods as well – all with Fujikura shafts.

I was giving my driver a whirl last night at MGA and the diff between that and my old standard XD 580 is quite noticeable.

I also bought a new Scotty Cameron putter as well, cut down to 34 inches. Puuure.

The old driving range legend hey Roy,I suppose your old rattle head taylor made was gettin the balls out of site down there at MGA ,funny how dull the lights are out past the 150 metre posts down there. :hihi

Good mate of mine has had a couple of Scottys made for him in the past couple of years ,he loves em an reckons Scotty is a bloody legend himself.I got a scotty Laguna back in 97, the best feeling putter I ever had, up untill recently it still had the same crown grip but a mate is now using it so it to be chandged.

Come on Red get on the CC OGilvy wagon an feel the SPEED

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The problem with MGA is they don’t have lights on the top of the trees at the end of the range. At night, you can’t see whether you’re landing it in the trees or over the trees.

I bought one of the new Scotty Cameron Circa 62 putters and I’ve got a Newport model as well.

Give it up on those Cobra clubs Carnoustie. You know Ogilvy is using another manufacturers’ irons and just grinding off the branding ! Just like Norman did all those years

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Redford said:
Its all starting to get pretty nasty over there (as the Ryder Cup usually does).

The Irish press have called the American wives and girlfriends "floozies" and put up a false topless picture of Elin. Sergio has accused Woods of being a Ryder Cup choker.

Bring it on !

Check this article by a US w*nker at travelgolf.com

"Living in a foreign land can completely alter your perspective. Like make you think that the Ryder Cup is important.

Ninety nine percent of America knows better. I know diehard Scottsdale golfers - guys who live and breathe the game on arguably the U.S.'s top resort land, fanatics who wouldn't miss a shot of the Masters - who couldn't even tell you for sure which day the Ryder Cup Matches start.

This seems like a sensible approach for those who don't buy their gas by the liter too.

Until you step into a foreign land. Visiting another country is all it takes to convince you that the Ryder Cup is essential. Spend some time across a border - even if that border is closer to your home than many states - and suddenly Tiger Woods has the fate of the apple pie world resting on his putter.

It's so fashionable to rip the U.S. these days, that even a cynic cannot help but start pulling for a little red, white and blue domination. Even the Canadians are teeing off on the U.S. about world affairs. Spend any time in America's former discount play land and you'll hear all manners of America-the-bully jokes.

"We do have this oil in Alberta you might be interested in," a Canadian quipped proudly when an American made the usual refrain about Canada being safe from invasion because it doesn't have anything the U.S. needs. Yes, even our lovable neighbors to the north are getting cocky.

I can't tell you how many Americans I heard basically apologizing for being American - as if they needed to personally answer for political decisions - on a recent trip to British Columbia.

It doesn't matter if you're more Bill Clinton or George W., at a certain age you just get sick of hearing people railing on the U.S. because it's fashionable.

It's enough to make a man root for a Ryder Cup rout followed by a celebration that makes Brookline seem as subdued as fancy French dining.

As always, TravelGolf.com welcomes your comments. "

what a tosser
Brookline is the exact example of why we hate the yanks

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Redford said:

So Red. What else is in your bag?

Best thing about thje scotty putters is they look cool. Not so boring as a lot of the other stuff
I love me pitch repairer that cam with the newport studio

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I've got a set of Cleveland TA2's and 52 degree and 60 degree Cleveland low bounce wedges.

The irons are ok but not the best that I've had. (My old forged MacGregors and Nicklaus' were both better.)

The wedges on the other hand though, are outstanding. Cleveland and Titleist make the best wedges by a mile imo.

Ryder Cup starts tonight. Bring it on ! The key imo is Chemma. If he gets on his game (he played ok at the PGA - I watched him play 12-14 holes) then he will drive the Euros to victory. When the heat is on, Chemma has traditionally made the putts in Ryder Cup play. Go Chemma ! Go Euros !

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Morning Fourballs:

8:00AM Padraig Harrington/Colin Montgomerie (EUR) vs. Tiger Woods/Jim Furyk (US)
8:15AM Paul Casey/Robert Karlsson (EUR) vs. Stewart Cink/J.J. Henry (US)
8:30AM Sergio Garcia/Jose Olazabal (EUR) vs. David Toms/Brett Wetterich (US)
8:45AM Darren Clarke/Lee Westwood (EUR) vs. Phil Mickelson/Chris DiMarco (US)

Go Chemma !

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Redford said:
I've got a set of Cleveland TA2's and 52 degree and 60 degree Cleveland low bounce wedges. 

The irons are ok but not the best that I've had. (My old forged MacGregors and Nicklaus' were both better.)

The wedges on the other hand though, are outstanding. Cleveland and Titleist make the best wedges by a mile imo. 

Ryder Cup starts tonight. Bring it on ! The key imo is Chemma. If he gets on his game (he played ok at the PGA - I watched him play 12-14 holes) then he will drive the Euros to victory. When the heat is on, Chemma has traditionally made the putts in Ryder Cup play. Go Chemma ! Go Euros !
I swear I saw a little heaven seven an a divine nine in the bag last time old Reddy red roster

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No. I just had a Taylor Made Tour Preferred rescue - 2 iron equivalent.

Sack Woosnam. Never let him near another Ryder Cup team again. The Euros would be miles ahead if he hadn't of persisted with a grossly out of form Padraig Harrington in all 4 matches on the first 2 days.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Big Ted. 5 matches for 1/2 a point. Pathetic

Serge and Lee Westwood. 5 matches for 4 points.

Red, you are correct about Harrington, same result as big Ted.

Casey has kept his great form going, 4 matches - 3 points

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Redford said:

Love my Titleist Vokey Wedges.
Cleveland.....hmmmm....you must be very rich.

So to summarise your bag:
Taylor Made R7 Driver
Taylor Made 2 Rescue
Cleveland Irons 3 - PW (?)
Cleveland Wedges x 2
Scotty Cameron Putter

I'm missing one.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
Michael said:
Redford said:

Love my Titleist Vokey Wedges.
Cleveland.....hmmmm....you must be very rich.

So to summarise your bag:
Taylor Made R7 Driver
Taylor Made 2 Rescue
Cleveland Irons 3 - PW (?)
Cleveland Wedges x 2
Scotty Cameron Putter

I'm missing one.

red, i have the r7 and was considering upgradeing to the r7 460. have you ever used the first r7 and how does it compare to the 460?

and how much if you dont mind?

in my bag

taylormade r7
taylormade rescue mid 3
taylormade rac irons 3 -9
taylormade 56 degree wedge, 14 degree bounce
odyssey 2 ball putter

AND I CANT HIT ANY OF THEM STRAIGHT

the rescue mid is the latest addition and i am very surprised at the ease at which a high handicapper like myself can hit these clubs. they get straight up in the air and stay hit. great clubs those hybrid irons

next purchase will be a taylormade 60 degree wedge

im a big taylormade fanboy and have always subscribed to the theory that even if you cant play the game well, buy the best gear you can afford and give yourself every chance.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thats a fair set up Lids but the most important thing for a chopper is to get your Clubs fitted by a PRO not some kid with pimples at Drummonds an co,thats where you can get improvment.Can I just say on the R7s there are 2 reports on tour, very much you love or hate them

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
LidsandBling said:
red, i have the r7 and was considering upgradeing to the r7 460. have you ever used the first r7 and how does it compare to the 460?

and how much if you dont mind?

in my bag

taylormade r7
taylormade rescue mid 3
taylormade rac irons 3 -9
taylormade 56 degree wedge, 14 degree bounce
odyssey 2 ball putter

AND I CANT HIT ANY OF THEM STRAIGHT

the rescue mid is the latest addition and i am very surprised at the ease at which a high handicapper like myself can hit these clubs. they get straight up in the air and stay hit. great clubs those hybrid irons

next purchase will be a taylormade 60 degree wedge

im a big taylormade fanboy and have always subscribed to the theory that even if you cant play the game well, buy the best gear you can afford and give yourself every chance.

Lids, you do like the Taylor Made.
How come you are missing some clubs? or cant I count

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Been in UK the past few weeks & had no idea the Ryder Cup is so bloody big over there.
It is definately classed as the major golf event of the year.

it dominated the sports pages to the extent that the premiership was shuvved to well inside whatever rag I read.

& Good to see Leysy got one up on ya JB cos Geez the yanks had an ordinary team on paper (no depth at all) & leysy made a lovely profit on them losing by more than 4.5 pts @ $4.20