Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

I have, he's quick for a big fella. He's usually pretty well balanced, good below his knees, mobile as n a beautiful simple kick of the pill. Not so good in heavy traffic, contested marking n rucking. That's why I seem to feel he'd be better utilised playing a high half forward role roaming up to wing or coming back to a pocket without the congested heat on him.
he doesn't like contact
better off playing basketball

Reactions: 1 users
Deliberate by Andrews not paid. Commentators say even though deliberate good they are not paying them in finals.

I don't see much value in a trade as the other clubs must have seen his lesser traits so it is delist for me

You're most likely right, UK
Given his recent performances, RFC probably doesn't have much bargaining power when it comes to a potential trade for Chol.

Problem with this is that they do pay a lot of them. Stupid commentators.

DS

Yep including one against Cotch when he pushed the ball forward into space. Stupid dumpires don't even know our game plan revolves around keeping the ball alive, into space for runners to run on to.

My knock on him has always been that he can’t judge the flight of the ball, he might need glasses. Can see why he got delisted and then re-rookied, could understand if he got delisted again.

Reactions: 1 users
Despite Dimma's words of encouragement, the reality is Mabs played himself out of this team weeks ago. Rightly he's selected a 22 that can be trusted to perform even if it's not the ideal structure.
Whilst showing some signs of improvement this season, the bottom line is it's 2 years in a row now Chol hasn't been able to establish his role at the pointy end..

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Despite Dimma's words of encouragement, the reality is Mabs played himself out of this team weeks ago. Rightly he's selected a 22 that can be trusted to perform even if it's not the ideal structure.
Whilst showing some signs of improvement this season, the bottom line is it's 2 years in a row now Chol hasn't been able to establish his role at the pointy end..

Even worse when you consider Soldo is injured and CCJ suspended.

Hard to see how he stays on the list depending on the list size changes.

DS

Even worse when you consider Soldo is injured and CCJ suspended.

Hard to see how he stays on the list depending on the list size changes.

DS
Unfortunately is contracted next year so unless there is a clause in his contract and or exception due to covid19, it's highly unlikely he'll be delisted

Reactions: 1 user
Chol is our Majak. Unfulfilled talent still struggling to establish himself on the team. Has talent but wont make it in my opinion

When Coleman-Jones returns he will surpass Chol as a preferred ruck/forward. Once that happens the end is nigh for Mabs.

Chol is our Majak. Unfulfilled talent still struggling to establish himself on the team. Has talent but wont make it in my opinion
Majak was on Norths list for 10 or 11 seasons for his 54 games. Chol has been on our list for 5 seasons for his 21 games so games wise hes tracking similarly.

Majak was on Norths list for 10 or 11 seasons for his 54 games. Chol has been on our list for 5 seasons for his 21 games so games wise hes tracking similarly.
Smalls get 60 seconds to show that they can play. Talls get 6 years to show they can’t.

Unfortunately is contracted next year so unless there is a clause in his contract and or exception due to covid19, it's highly unlikely he'll be delisted
contracted as a rookie, as is Bakes, Stacky, Marlion (2020) etc

not sure if that makes a difference

Majak was constantly injured; 2 knee injuries in 2013 and 2017 and culminating in his coming off the bridge. I think Daw was an incredible talent but never really had a chance to put games together due to his injuries and sometimes irresponsible behaviour.

Pickett is only contracted to end of this year as is Aarts and Egg I believe. Stack, Baker, Chol contracted for 2021.
yes, thats why I put 2020 next to Marlion !!, here is my rookie contract list

2020/Rookie39JakeAarts28-10-192nd year on rookie list in 2020
2021/Rookie7LiamBaker02-08-193rd Year on rookie list in 2020
2021/Rookie41MabiorChol29-08-195th year on rookie list in 2020 - Delisted 31/10/2018, re rookied 23/11/18
2020/Rookie43DerekEggmolesse Smith28-10-193rd Year on rookie list CatB in 2020
2020/Rookie50MarlionPickett27-05-192nd year on rookie list in 2020
2021/Rookie44SydneyStack01-08-192nd year on rookie list in 2020
2021Mate'Colina10-09-201st year on rookie list in 2021

• Wow
Watching the Bulldogs game and Chol was on fire. If he could replicate that regularly our 2nd ruck/forward worries are over.

Watching the Bulldogs game and Chol was on fire. If he could replicate that regularly our 2nd ruck/forward worries are over.
That's the story of his whole career even at VFL level. Extremely inconsistent. Doesn't have the killer instinct required imo. If CCJ comes on as expected I can't see how Chol fits in unless his form somehow changes dramatically.

Reactions: 3 users