Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
As a second ruck or 3rd tall he’s unbeatable when he puts it all together
great game Mabs

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hey? HEY???!!!
Yeh, he’s a talent. One thing I know is that CCJ could not do what Chol just did.
He is unique the Chol. Seemed to run the game out Ok too.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Played a really good game and what a goal. Needs to play like this a lot more consistently. Interestingly only played 56% game time.

I reckon that's due to not being fit enough. He's strong in bursts and its no coincidence that Chol has played his best game for the year when Nankervis is back.

When Cholly is knackered he struggles to contest. When he can keep him fresh, he's dangerous.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I reckon that's due to not being fit enough. He's strong in bursts and its no coincidence that Chol has played his best game for the year when Nankervis is back.

When Cholly is knackered he struggles to contest. When he can keep him fresh, he's dangerous.

Agree. His tank isn't that bad, but as a ruck (who probably need the biggest tanks in the game) he's miles behind in that perspective.

Skill wise he could be anything and thats why we continually keep him on the list. He's so athletic which is why he's great as that ruck / forward role, will never be a no. 1 ruck and shouldn't aspire to be one.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Agree. His tank isn't that bad, but as a ruck (who probably need the biggest tanks in the game) he's miles behind in that perspective.

Skill wise he could be anything and thats why we continually keep him on the list. He's so athletic which is why he's great as that ruck / forward role, will never be a no. 1 ruck and shouldn't aspire to be one.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
as others have said - Nank being around helps him be the player he can be. he was great tonight

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Looks much better as a 2nd ruck and 3rd forward. Just needs some consistency now

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Enigma.

Talent not the issue.

Still no closer. Someone’s going to punt on him.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Good lord, it was all about that mark on the flank. Hunted that with intent.

Do that every week, Marbs, and I’m all yours.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dimma's on the same page as Jack and me - said Mabs has improved every year. We'll keep him. Cash in CJ, good business.

Reactions: 6 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
If football was a non contact sport, he’d be a star. As good as his offensive play was, his defensive efforts were awful especially when dropping back into defence. Let’s see what the last 5 games provides.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Dimma's on the same page as Jack and me - said Mabs has improved every year. We'll keep him. Cash in CJ, good business.

I'm coming around to that too. Too static if CJ is in that role with Lynch and Jack forward. Hoping Chol finishes the season really strongly. I think its actually belief with him, if he starts to believe how good he could become, I think thats half the battle.

CJ would get us a good pick I would think.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm coming around to that too. Too static if CJ is in that role with Lynch and Jack forward. Hoping Chol finishes the season really strongly. I think its actually belief with him, if he starts to believe how good he could become, I think thats half the battle.

It's definitely belief. I was sitting with a few of the great 'ere family in the Southern Stand last week and when Mabs was outmarked down the PRE for a Maggot shot at goal - poor effort by him - he dropped his head. In the quiet I yelled, "You can do it, Mabs! We know you can do it!" I'm serious when I say I think he heard me.

Reactions: 5 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria

I’d get rid of Lynch rather than CCJ to be honest.

• Haha

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
If football was a non contact sport, he’d be a star. As good as his offensive play was, his defensive efforts were awful especially when dropping back into defence. Let’s see what the last 5 games provides.

Exactly what I said to the gf tonight. He looks a million dollars on his own but in a contest he looks...