Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sad to see but somehow expected. At least he's back to see his family in Qld. Just hope he doesn't go up a few notches when playing us.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ralph Carr spoke well and very complimentary of RFC on The Late Trade, said Richmond had been fantastic to both Mab's and himself.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Better than the pick we got for dual premiership player Ellis. Insane.
Yeah but we are apparantly sheizenhausen again and everyone has forgotten about the Tigs already.

Its like we never existed the past 4 years.

Its the Deez Dynasty now and Levers Mo all over the place.

Its great no one cares about the RFC or what they are up to.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Chollys career light at the RFC was heavily dimmed against the Bears in the 2020 QF where he was terrible.

Injuries to Nank and Soldo got him the games he got in 21, along with CCJ's suspension.

Good result for Two Phones he wouldnt have lasted too much longer at Tigerland I feel, and great result for the Tigers with pick 38.

He gets some security and gets to go back home.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Yeah but we are apparantly sheizenhausen again and everyone has forgotten about the Tigs already.

Its like we never existed the past 4 years.

Its the Deez Dynasty now and Levers Mo all over the place.

Its great no one cares about the RFC or what they are up to.
Like a Tiger hiding in the long grass….

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Had some ups & downs but overall gave it his all , never shirked an issue at Punt Road so good luck Chol at the Suns.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Good luck to him. His best is very good. but his worst very bad.
If he can close the gap the Suns have a player but I'm not sorry to see him go in spite of enjoying watching him play.
Been given every opportunity & didn't take it.
Agree with most of that. Didn’t take his opportunity? Not sure.
massive talent who I hope succeeds. Good luck mabs.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Decent compensation for Chol, I reckon reasonable given we must have put 5 years of effort in.

He clearly was not succeeding at Richmond, too inconsistent. Not sure if the change of club will help, we'll see.

Good luck to him, I hope he does fine but not convinced he will find more consistency at the Suns.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
I’ve never been convinced that Mabs was lazy or didn’t have heart. So many of the smooth movers cop that one. Mark Waugh Syndrome. I just think he never found his best position with us because he’s a big bloke who does little bloke things better than he does big bloke things. Buddy’s one of those. So is Liam McBean. Most go the way of the Glenelg Colossarse: enticing but unfulfilled.
I hope big Mabs finds his niche and enjoys his footy. And we find a generational superstar with the pick.

Reactions: 10 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
His new hair do, all red with yellow stripe is going to stand out.

Maybe he should go a yellow M and get a McDonald's sponsorship.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I’ve never been convinced that Mabs was lazy or didn’t have heart. So many of the smooth movers cop that one. Mark Waugh Syndrome. I just think he never found his best position with us because he’s a big bloke who does little bloke things better than he does big bloke things. Buddy’s one of those. So is Liam McBean. Most go the way of the Glenelg Colossarse: enticing but unfulfilled.
I hope big Mabs finds his niche and enjoys his footy. And we find a generational superstar with the pick.
Buddy Franklin and Jesus McBean?
He’s in illustrious company there

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Had some ups & downs but overall gave it his all , never shirked an issue at Punt Road so good luck Chol at the Suns.
Couldn't shirk an issue because most of a game he couldn't get to anywhere near the contest to shirk it.

I have no problems with Chol leaving. I don't think he has the stamina to make it. The trade gave us a decent pick and worked well for Chol. Win-win. The losers will likely be Gold Coast.