Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched a bit of him last night in the VFL Q Clash, same old Mabs, one handed attempts, slipping out the back, always looking for the easy goal.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I'd rather have Ryan get snr opportunities next season.
I agree but any recruitment of Chol from GC should be looked at as a salary dump, which is something we may be able to afford.
I imagine we may be losing the following players to retirement.
Bradtke, Castagna, Colina, Cotchin, Riewoldt and Tarrant will be gone saving by my estimate, around $1,400,000 to $1,600,000.
If we wish to get GC'S pick 4, Dion Prestia's name has been mentioned as possibly seeking a transfer back to GC. NV one of our very best over this last successful period, might also be interested

Young Gold Coast midfielder Flanders is also out of contract and is apparently looking to come back to Victoria.

We will be bringing in Hayes-Brown. Flanders into our midfield would also inject some of the speed and skill needed to help take our midfield forward.

Don't now how two of our seniors might be ranked but Dimma will know exactly what they are worth to him, coming into a youthful, inexperienced and highly skilled team like GC.

I'd be looking to trade Dion Prestia and pick 25 for Flanders,
and Nick Vlastuin for Chol and his $450,000 salary x 2 years, and pick 4.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I forgot to mention that I would expect that a significant contribution to the salaries to be paid to Dion and NV would need to come from our own TPP.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Young Gold Coast midfielder Flanders is also out of contract and is apparently looking to come back to Victoria.

We will be bringing in Hayes-Brown. Flanders into our midfield would also inject some of the speed and skill needed to help take our midfield forward.

I'd be looking to trade Dion Prestia and pick 25 for Flanders,
and Nick Vlastuin for Chol and his $450,000 salary x 2 years, and pick 4.
Sam Flanders has just signed a 4 year extension with the Suns.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Sam Flanders has just signed a 4 year extension with the Suns.
Thanks T.T. So much for that plan. Still think think Dima may have an interest in taking one or both of Dion.. Nick.
We are going to have a few years building and these two have real value now, which will reduce sharply over the next two years.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Mansager is out working hard and trying to push the angles for Chol.

Reckons theres a number of clubs after him.

None of them named.

Is he blowing smoke trying to attract some interest.?

There are actually a few clubs he'd actually fill a role as a relief ruck forward but whether the yd be interested is another question altogether.

Will see how it works out for Ol Mate 2 Phones.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Dimma's coming. Mabs..

Get Out Omg GIF by Get Out Movie

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Reckon Mabs would thrash Biggy if they played on each other.
Says a lot about Biggy.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The Hawks have offered Mabs a 5 year deal. Holy cow the AFL has been good to him.
Got out from under Dimma's watch & got an extension. Nice business.
I don't see the value in Chol. I know he has the build and can kick a few goals plus pinch hit in the ruck but everything he does seems half hearted. He doesn't like a real contest but is worst trait is to go missing in action for the greater part of a game. Four years at the Hawks? The must be desperate

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I don't see the value in Chol. I know he has the build and can kick a few goals plus pinch hit in the ruck but everything he does seems half hearted. He doesn't like a real contest but is worst trait is to go missing in action for the greater part of a game. Four years at the Hawks? The must be desperate
Agree. Are they drunk or something?

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
I watched him play a final for the Suns VFL side, he was typical Cholly. Took a specie, kept sneaking out the back for an easy kick and was typically half hearted.

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Has the talent. Great mark. Beautiful shot at goal. But is one of the softest big men I have seen. Avoids the physical stuff like the plague

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users