Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Marbs career just went from free and easy to complicated and desperate thanks to Hardwicks imminent arrival.
Wait, didn't Marbs leave when the club wanted to extend his contract? He came from QLD and wanted to go home to family I thought.
Sure he was frustrating, but not sure Hardwick disliked him? Did I misread the tea leaves?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Wait, didn't Marbs leave when the club wanted to extend his contract? He came from QLD and wanted to go home to family I thought.
Sure he was frustrating, but not sure Hardwick disliked him? Did I misread the tea leaves?
Not sure about the above General.

We wanted to keep Chol & CJ but both chose to leave for various reasons but mainly for $.

Who knows the truth as both frustrated the hell out of us supporters.

But is Chol really looking to leave QLD?

Rumour or fact?

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008

We wanted to keep Chol & CJ but both chose to leave for various reasons but mainly for $.

Rumour or fact?
Forced to leave with gsc number 2 draft pick tall forward coming ,and gcs having the vfl competitions 2 leading goalkickers as well on top of this casboults going on plus kings back.

• Wow

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Think it was his first game and Hardwick had him on the wing. Done some very nice things and certainly look like he had the X factor.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Two phones wouldn’t be the worst depth option but he isn’t going to solve our key forward problem.
Wherever he goes he will be in and out of the team

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
... after kicking 43 goals from the goal square in 2022.
He obviously didn't just kick them from the goal-square. But we sure couldn't use a forward/ruck who can kick 43 goals in a season. What club would?

I mean this year we had Jack with 32, Shai 31, Dusty 25 and TT on 19. Miller kicked a sum total of 6 and Ryan 12.

[Interesting to note JVR = 28, Butler 33 and Higgins 35 at Aints]

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

Rumour or fact?
I don't know if he is wanting to leave QLD. But I think he left us to go home to QLD. Not sure he'd want to leave again, unless Dimma told him he didn't have an AFL future with them.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He obviously didn't just kick them from the goal-square. But we sure couldn't use a forward/ruck who can kick 43 goals in a season. What club would?

I mean this year we had Jack with 32, Shai 31, Dusty 25 and TT on 19. Miller kicked a sum total of 6 and Ryan 12.

[Interesting to note JVR = 28, Butler 33 and Higgins 35 at Aints]
So Ryan kicked more goals than Chol this year?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
So Ryan kicked more goals than Chol this year?
Just referring to your own post B17. Wasn't it you that cited his '22 return? Just logical thinking? If he can do it once, he may well be able to repeat. It's often a matter of circumstances, injury and opportunity for any AFL player.

It's just another rumour anyway; nothing to say he will be departing Suns or wants to, or Dimma wants him too, or we'd even be interested. Nothing.
Just keep an open mind and apply your own logic though.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Just referring to your own post B17. Wasn't it you that cited his '22 return? Just logical thinking? If he can do it once, he may well be able to repeat. It's often a matter of circumstances, injury and opportunity for any AFL player.

It's just another rumour anyway; nothing to say he will be departing Suns or wants to, or Dimma wants him too, or we'd even be interested. Nothing.
Just keep an open mind and apply your own logic though.
If he could t press thru for a game this year and Jed walters incoming his chances will be fa next season

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Mabs has been significantly more successful for GC than CJ for the Roos.
Mabs saved his best for us last year.
Hasn’t done much since.
But he was a very popular figure at Tigerland.
Not sure you can say the same thing about CCJ

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Article in the Hun a few days ago said Cholly was on about $450 a year, would call that decent enough money for a developing and promising key forward and on his first year at Mold Coast he'd have earned every cent. But it's way overs for a mature fringe who could barely get a senior game this season.
Looking very much like Cholly is simply left overs at Mold Coast now as they've got a stack of key forward options available to them.
Got all the skills needed to have been a seriously good player, not sure whether it's the reading and understanding of playing patterns, the ability to build a tank or simply that all or nothing desperation to contest needed at AFL level. Sadly at 27 before the season starts next year I'm thinking Cholly might have missed it by just that tiny little bit. Still a potentially exciting, awesome fringe player.

Reactions: 2 users