Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
2-3 years ago Chol did play a fair bit of football on the backline in the VFL and personally I thought that he showed a bit down there. Our backline is currently too small. As a team we are too small compared to most other teams. What the heck, I would just throw caution to the wind and bring Chol in this week against the crows. Try him down back. Try him in the ruck. Try him on the forward line. Try him on the wing. Just try him. He has got some x-factor about him. Who knows what he might do. What have we really got to loose?.

The club decided to bring him back as a rookie this year so they must have seen something in him. The season is already half over. I suggest that the coaches should just take a chance/risk and play him. Time is running out this season to trial him at senior level. If the coaches just don't want to take a chance/risk with him, then what the heck was the point of even bringing him back this year.

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
This week, I would like to see BOTH Chol and Balta between the arcs, playing specific roles but with some X-Factor icing on the cakel.

Keep Soldo in to do most of the ruck work, with these guys providing some relief.

Regardless of our current plight, we need to keep experimenting and rehearsing to at least match West Coast etc in the air.

We've got the small-forward-pressure thing down pat, but we need to build on that for future success.

Next year, we can go all the way with a key tall blend of Nank, Jack, Lynch, Rance, Astbury, Chol, Balta plus a top mix of grunt, speed and smarts. But without sufficient marking power, we are giving oppo sides a free hit.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Our lack of height does seem to be leaving us exposed.

Soldo is one-dimensional and it is difficult to see where or when the improvement will come from.

Our main ruckman is out for quite a few more weeks.

Chol was re-listed. Chol is tall. Chol has had some good games in the VFL.

We do not exist to be competitive in the VFL, we exist to be competitive in the AFL.

Let's give Chol a go, give him a go for a few weeks. If not now, in our current predicament, When? If not try Chol, why have him on the list? He proves himself or not, now is the perfect time to give him a chance to show what he can do.

DS

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
DavidSSS said:
Our lack of height does seem to be leaving us exposed.

Soldo is one-dimensional and it is difficult to see where or when the improvement will come from.

Our main ruckman is out for quite a few more weeks.

Chol was re-listed. Chol is tall. Chol has had some good games in the VFL.

We do not exist to be competitive in the VFL, we exist to be competitive in the AFL.

Let's give Chol a go, give him a go for a few weeks. If not now, in our current predicament, When? If not try Chol, why have him on the list? He proves himself or not, now is the perfect time to give him a chance to show what he can do.

DS

Yep, realistically unless we find some significant improvement from out of nowhere, we're not in the hunt for the premiership anyway.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
DavidSSS said:

DS
Yep. Nank out n Cujo not ready yet so we've got two fringe players who can possibly fill the ruck role.

We've had a look at Soldo over a few games n he's got one card in the pocket, he gets some hit outs.

We need to have a look at Cholly to see if he can bring any of his " good " ressies capability up to senior level. Pointless exercise placing him back on the list for 2019 if we're not gunna bother testing him out n finding his limits.

Last three years we've had a bunch of young players put the hand up n perform above expected when given an opportunity. Time to get a good hard look at Cholly. He might fail or he might just find his niche n make a career, but we'll never know if we don't give him the opportunity.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
You know its TIME!

Give him a go!

whats the worst that can happen - we get beaten by Adelaide by 50 at least we know he had a game.

He may have a blinder.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's Cholly time. I wanna see the big man with that yellow sash in the hair perform.

From Ivan:
His best suited position

"I think his best position is a forward that can go into the ruck as a second ruckman. He's got some really strong agility and is pretty hard to defend at times. So I think pinch-hitting into the ruck, being someone like Paddy Ryder, and using that athleticism."

So WTF are we waiting for?? Get him in!!

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
If Astbury misses we need to consider him in defence alongside Garth, only because we are desperate.

Walker and Jenkins will be licking their lips with Rance and Astbury out.

Chol has been mostly good in the VFL but his game 2 weeks ago was terrible.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
FARCICLE. FARCICLE. I want to ride my FARCICLE, I want to ride my FARCE.

Sorry Freddy :theyareontome

Play Cholly.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
glenn downing said:
2-3 years ago Chol did play a fair bit of football on the backline in the VFL and personally I thought that he showed a bit down there. Our backline is currently too small. As a team we are too small compared to most other teams. What the heck, I would just throw caution to the wind and bring Chol in this week against the crows. Try him down back. Try him in the ruck. Try him on the forward line. Try him on the wing. Just try him. He has got some x-factor about him. Who knows what he might do. What have we really got to loose?.

The club decided to bring him back as a rookie this year so they must have seen something in him. The season is already half over. I suggest that the coaches should just take a chance/risk and play him. Time is running out this season to trial him at senior level. If the coaches just don't want to take a chance/risk with him, then what the heck was the point of even bringing him back this year.

Too true Glenn

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I would like to see him play but i can understand why they might be reluctant to promote him based of 2 good games.