Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Nor do I - a bit of rewriting of history going on here
It's all a bit vague too. When did the alleged injury occur?

He was fine raising the elbow through Vlas' head, he chased down Broady in the pocket during the 2nd quarter (think there might have been an elbow attempt in that one, by the way), didn't seem hampered starting the last qtr in the center, flew for a pack busting mark early in the last too.

Nearly every player out there would have had a niggle or two and just played through it.

Nah. I'm calling BS.

Reactions: 4 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I wanted Edwards delisted after that miss.
He should've kicked it to Jack as soon as he got it or he shouldve ran to the goal line.

My play of the game was and the play that had Geelong looking for mama was, The "KAO's play". Edwards goes deep towards Castagnfield, he drops the mark, (gets pushed in the back by O'Conner), Bews bubble kicks it to Bolton with Menogla sooking to the umpire he touched it (worse then when Stanley said he touched it) Bolton kicks short to Lambert, who gets sat on by that dud that got knocked out by his own teammate. Should've been a 50. But the iceman Lambert goes back, slots it home.
Game over.
**That was when i started ordering online premiership memorabilia.
That kick from Shorty to George was sublime. Only George could have stuffed that up. Thank Christ it still resulted in a goal 20secs later.
2nd best kick of the night was Kmac’s to Lambert on the outer wing - mark spoilt by a Geelong player though.

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
It's all a bit vague too. When did the alleged injury occur?

He was fine raising the elbow through Vlas' head, he chased down Broady in the pocket during the 2nd quarter (think there might have been an elbow attempt in that one, by the way), didn't seem hampered starting the last qtr in the center, flew for a pack busting mark early in the last too.

Nearly every player out there would have had a niggle or two and just played through it.

Nah. I'm calling BS.
It probably occurred originally in the 2nd half of the 2019 preliminary final, settled a little after that game then flared up again early in the 2020 grand final

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
That kick from Shorty to George was sublime. Only George could have stuffed that up. Thank Christ it still resulted in a goal 20secs later.
2nd best kick of the night was Kmac’s to Lambert on the outer wing - mark spoilt by a Geelong player though.
Agree with those and would add Baker's left foot to Jack with a couple of minutes to go.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Henderson was running in to cover the goal square, Edwards tried to squeeze it into the corner. Had the feeling it would've broken Geelong.

Perfect 'jo the goose' with Riewodlt.
Either the Geelong defender was coming towards him or he was going back.
That should've been a goal.
Riewodlt was screaming for it.
Another 5 metres closer he could've/Shouldve kicked it into the top tier.
But even the point seem to suck the life out of Geelong.
Im expecting Geelong to go with quicker sides the next time we play them. Smith will help but gets counter punched by the inclusion of Higgins. not sure Higgins adds anything to their side.
A Dalhouse part 2

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Agree with those and would add Baker's left foot to Jack with a couple of minutes to go.

That short 10 metre pass to Jack and Stewart laying spread eagle on the turf was the best.
Scotty knew his worse nightmare was about to begin.
Out of the 5 flags ive seen, this one has past the Collingwood slapping of 1980.
My ratings

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That short 10 metre pass to Jack and Stewart laying spread eagle on the turf was the best.
Scotty knew his worse nightmare was about to begin.
Out of the 5 flags ive seen, this one has past the Collingwood slapping of 1980.
My ratings

You know something we don't?

DS

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Just re-listened to the SEN call of the last quarter. I had forgotten how dominant we became as the game went on.

A good call by Whately and Gary Lyon. Even the gnome Cornes did a good job.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just re-listened to the SEN call of the last quarter. I had forgotten how dominant we became as the game went on.

A good call by Whately and Gary Lyon. Even the gnome Cornes did a good job.

9-2 goals after half time
We kicked 10 of the last 12 goals.
We are unstoppable. Especially now the qtrs will go back to 25+ minutes.
No team we be able to match our endurance and our game style.
This flag will be a replica of the 2019 one.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
9-2 goals after half time
We kicked 10 of the last 12 goals.
We are unstoppable. Especially now the qtrs will go back to 25+ minutes.
No team we be able to match our endurance and our game style.
This flag will be a replica of the 2019 one.
I wonder whether we need again some type of adversity to keep the team hungry and peaking at the right time?

2019 was injuries. 2020 was injuries and scandal.

2018 all went too smoothly.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I wonder whether we need again some type of adversity to keep the team hungry and peaking at the right time?

We've started this year with the Hardwick "scandal".

I'm sure the so called journos will be barking all year about us.

That might be enough motivation?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Someone steals Castagna's cat?
Dustys Tatts are iron on's?
Lynch wants to go to Collingwood?
Houli is Latvian Orthodox?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong today announced it will rest player's during the season to have them fully fit in September.
I've never heard of a team resting players before finals.
It must've just reached Geelong in the last 24 hours.
14 players over 29,
God help social security in Geelong next year the line will be massive.

• Haha