Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
My advice is wait til the whole series has been released, which I imagine will be 7weeks from Ep 1.... then sign up to amazon for a month which is $6.99.... I think. Just make sure you cancel the subscription before the end of your month if you wish to bail out.
And while you are there watch the boys and upload for a laugh. You will easily get your $7 worth.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Geelong are our Bitches.
They're our freeway to a flag.
67 beat Geelong win flag
80 beat Geelong win flag
17 beat Geelong win flag
19 beat Geelong win flag
20 beat Geelong win flag.
You forgot 1921, 1934 and as mentioned 1969. 8 of our 13 flags have involved the handbaggers losing to us on our way to ultimate glory. Yes, our bitches :D

I wonder if there is any other club involved in as many losses in finals series that resulted in another particular club winning such a high proportion of flags?

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I lost count how many times during last season the media (Robbo, Lyon, Healy, Russell, Pinocchio etc) refered to who ever won the 2020 Premiership it would be one of the GREATEST premiership wins in the history of the game.
But we won it,
20210217_134555.jpg
Covid Cup???

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
You forgot 1921, 1934 and as mentioned 1969. 8 of our 13 flags have involved the handbaggers losing to us on our way to ultimate glory. Yes, our bitches :D

I wonder if there is any other club involved in as many losses in finals series that resulted in another particular club winning such a high proportion of flags?
I apologise. The list filled my screen.
Its like Collingwood if they dont draw in the finals, they don't win it.
*1990-2010 2 draws. 2 wins
*1979-1980-1981-2003-2004-2011-2018 No draw No Win.
*1977 They drew but still found a way to lose.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Last years win means alot more to me then 2017 and 2019.
Because of the countless times over the last 30 years, Geelong have humiliated us.
*Ablett senior would kick average 10.
*The Telstra dome thrashing
*The 95 final where they slapped us, but 7 days later they copped a 10 goal slapping themselves.
60-72 margin paid $56.00
,I remember because i loaded up on Carlton because i hated Geelong.
*The Naish miss at kardanina park
*The countless times the games would be over before half time.
*KB getting reported in Geelong.
*Ottens and Poole leaving to play for them.
*Malcolm blight not respecting us in 94, 'Its just a home and away game"

Reactions: 4 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Nothing will beat 2017 for me. The drought breaker that I never thought I'd see.

However, 2020 was special in its own right and deserves to sit above most modern day GF wins. We didn't have a home game from the point of the restart and the AFL and their media mates tried to do a hatchet job on us all year. No other team that wins a GF will ever have as many reasons why they shouldn't have won it as we did last year.

Reactions: 9 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Nothing will beat 2017 for me. The drought breaker that I never thought I'd see.

However, 2020 was special in its own right and deserves to sit above most modern day GF wins. We didn't have a home game from the point of the restart and the AFL and their media mates tried to do a hatchet job on us all year. No other team that wins a GF will ever have as many reasons why they shouldn't have won it as we did last year.

Agree on both fronts. 2017 was a dream come true. If I dreamt about 2020, I would have been admitted to the mental health ward for a sanity check (hey doc, I just dreamt that I saw Richmond win the GF against Geelong at the Gabba. The game was played at night and the half time show with the ball lights was phenomenal).... but it was bliss all the same.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
And 1969.
As an aside I looked the game up. I was there but don’t remember a lot about the game itself
Royce Hart had a lazy 32 possessions playing at CHF that day. I know a lot of us bang on about Hart but before he did his knee he really was a freak of a player.
Bugsy Barrot dominated and Eric Moore kicked 6

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Yep. I gave us a slim chance of winning.
But after those two early goals from the crows I was just praying we wouldn’t get smashed. The humiliation of getting killed by 10+ goals was on my mind.
2nd just had my heart in my mouth for the whole quarter.
In the 3rd I believed we could win it.
4th Q was party time.
Just couldn’t stay in my seat all game. Sore legs jumping up and carrying on for the whole game.
Loved it

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Im really curious how the media wouldve reacted if Geelong did win.
Because of Novak Dangerfield & Judas Ablett.
Ive just got the feeling they arent to keen on us being champions once again.
They were willing Geelong on.
I can't stand how they keep on bringing up Dustys goal in the 2nd.
We were over running over the top of them with about 8 minutes to go in the 2nd.
And after half time half of them were running on the spot. Selwood looked like a 80 year old.
Nothing against Dusty but it would've been nice to see Short win the NM. To shut them up with the 'No Dusty No Richmond' shiit

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
But after those two early goals from the crows I was just praying we wouldn’t get smashed. The humiliation of getting killed by 10+ goals was on my mind.
4th Q was party time.
Just couldn’t stay in my seat all game. Sore legs jumping up and carrying on for the whole game.
Loved it

When Lambert kicked the 'Yes Yes Yes' goal
I was screaming at them around me to *smile* off back to Adelaide.
We were never going to lose from there.
Whee not Collingwood.
I think Lambert put us up by 30+

Last edited:

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
2020 premiership was wonderful, but remote.

Imagine the MCG each time Dusty kicked his four goals. The stands would have been shaking in the last.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
For someone who is constantly pointing out the media people have no idea about the game, you sure spend a lot of time worrying about what they say or don't say.

From where I sit, Zips is less worrying and more stick that up ya arse!

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I find it very hard to separate which of the last 3 flags was the best. They were all special.
2017 - Drought breaker when everyone else didn’t rate us. Plus the first GF I attended in person. Didn’t think I would ever get to see one live.
2019 - Redemption after the disappointment of 2018. Against one of the AFL’s manufactured love child. Proved 2017 wasn’t a fluke and proved we were a very good team
2020 - Overcoming immense obstacles ( like most clubs but we triumphed at the end), hub living for months, surviving all the media driven “scandals”, no genuine home games, winning in 5 different states and territories and beating the pussies with the media willing them to win for junior and diverfield because they “deserved “ a flag. This win put us amongst the greats in the league..the only thing sweeter would be if we beat carlscum in that game
If we win this season i would probably put that as the best ever as that would put us in the “ greatest” ever teams in the history of the league.
Of course the threepeat will only be the best until we get the “ foursome” next year :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

• Love

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
As an aside I looked the game up. I was there but don’t remember a lot about the game itself
Royce Hart had a lazy 32 possessions playing at CHF that day. I know a lot of us bang on about Hart but before he did his knee he really was a freak of a player.

Royce was simply a champion in the number four jumper. He would be an absolute gun in today's game because he would get much more protection today from thuggery than he had to endure during his career.
He and Martin are the two greatest players I have seen play for Richmond in my 50-odd years of following the Tigers.
I've seen many a great player don the Yellow and Black, but none quite the equal of Hart and Martin.

Reactions: 5 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
4th Q was party time.
Loved it
Interestingly I actually said to the people I was with at halftime that we would win in 2017. I think I said that Adelaide can't take the heat

Was still really nervous really until Towner kicked his goal in the last though

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Same here - and with Flossy getting caught a couple of times early - I was dead set worried too.
Quite happy to admit that.

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Was there and had 24 on my jumper. Loved Billy Barrot.

Reactions: 1 users