Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

I’ve kept clear of a lot of media this year around the GF, and that’s an example of why. You rank the players AFTER the game, not before it.
Same. Made a concerted effort not to listen to too much media this week. It’s been very refreshing.

Reactions: 1 user
Why are so many people saying Geelong (read Dangerfield and Ablett) ‘deserve’ this?

Ablett has two and Danger hasn’t been good enough. How does that make them deserving?

This is a very common C21 line of reasoning, Midsy. Some kind of magical thinking.

Let laurels be thrown by nobles at the feet of those I like, however they fail.

That said, I think we'd agree that if the Cats win this flag they deserve it.

Reactions: 2 users
I have just watch Leppa's preview and I reckon he has let slip that our team is likely to be unchanged when he mentioned Astbury as second ruck / defender and may be there is only only place in the team for discussion

I have just watch Leppa's preview and I reckon he has let slip that our team is likely to be unchanged when he mentioned Astbury as second ruck / defender and may be there is only only place in the team for discussion
Thanks UK. I'd be quite surprised with any changes. Just thought it would be out by now.

We finally have 3 g internet here yay.. so should be able to see the game live ( for a change ) any recommended streams .. PM me thanks lots guys

Don't ask me, I ended up watching last week's other prelim Final on some stream with Eastern European commentary, it was a laugh though.

DS

I have an un-nerving sense of calm about Saturday. I really think we'll win.

But then I see or hear or read about those deserving Cats (they're impossible to avoid), and I feel sick at the thought that losing to them is also a real possibility.

I'm going to sit in my shed with no power on until it's all over.

But then I see or hear or read about those deserving Cats (they're impossible to avoid)

I was surprised to read we're the other team running out on Saturday. ... strayed off course for awhile yesterday and heard some bits and pieces on SEN...... the deserving pro-cats narrative & commentary was quite nauseating tbh.

Really hoping we bring the best version of ourselves and finally get some sort of credit for the great team we have become!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
The media always looking for a story leading in ,

i wonder how many neutrals were disappointed last weeks game v port didn’t explode into a game of mass violence? The pre match in mainstream media was all about aggression and toughness , was quite bizarre really .

Like the idea of the boys staying in Brisbane tonight. We have been flat in our Gabba outings this year. Possibly related to an hour + bus ride from the coast. Hopefully that fixes the problem

Reactions: 4 users
I was surprised to read we're the other team running out on Saturday. ... strayed off course for awhile yesterday and heard some bits and pieces on SEN...... the deserving pro-cats narrative & commentary was quite nauseating tbh.

Really hoping we bring the best version of ourselves and finally get some sort of credit for the great team we have become!
It was the same last year when the media was looking for reasons why the giants would win.
A lot of people talking themselves into it because they want it to happen

Reactions: 3 users
It was the same last year when the media was looking for reasons why the giants would win.
A lot of people talking themselves into it because they want it to happen
Yes..... current theme sweeping the world. ...... magical thinking, isn't it called?

Reactions: 1 users