Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It actually was.
Would have been hard for him to acknowledge us & Dusty.

This is what will determine Geelong's future.

I hate them less now, but if Scott and the rest of that club can look at this and ask what they can learn from the loss, then they will be contenders. If not, they will slide.

Geelong are looking at an ageing list and some retirements. They need to reset a bit, if they have the right attitude they can come back.

Richmond are in an amazing position. We have retirements on the horizon but we have players we simply can't fit into the side on game day. We need to keep the attitude of team first and keep developing the youth. We also need to look at the youth we have and know we have been blessed with being able to get so many of them up to the standard to be part of a winning team, it won't always work and to get good players you need to also fail to develop some of the players. Just part of the equation.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

I hate them less now, but if Scott and the rest of that club can look at this and ask what they can learn from the loss, then they will be contenders. If not, they will slide.

Geelong are looking at an ageing list and some retirements. They need to reset a bit, if they have the right attitude they can come back.

Richmond are in an amazing position. We have retirements on the horizon but we have players we simply can't fit into the side on game day. We need to keep the attitude of team first and keep developing the youth. We also need to look at the youth we have and know we have been blessed with being able to get so many of them up to the standard to be part of a winning team, it won't always work and to get good players you need to also fail to develop some of the players. Just part of the equation.

DS
100% we got some exciting youngsters and will pick up ( once AFL release list sizes ) a few developing backs/forwards and we continue.

While we have Dusty in his prime we have to ‘cash in’.

Keep the kids hungry, involved, connected , required & loved .

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Well (sorry to go on about it) my eye tooth removal gave me hell all week and I was so sure we’d lose last night. Vlastuin getting his house burned down and then getting knocked out by the stager had me furious. But what a win! What a win! I just moved back out bush, thinking of naming my tinnie, ‘nick vlastinnie’. I’m happy as Larry

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

DS

Will be interesting to see how they go next season DS. I still respect Geelong, they were the second best side after us and they are a professional outfit. I can't see them collapsing like Adelaide or GWS, but time will tell. I've changed my attitude on Scott this year - he's been good on COVID and I think he really respects us as a side now - took him a while to get to that point, but I always respect a man who learns from his mistakes.

Reactions: 5 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Did any one else hear graham call the umpire a f - something in the first quarter after a Geelong staged free kick? I loved it

Reactions: 4 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
I think that was when Taylor said let’s listen to what’s being said, then realised what was said and then said “ maybe not” :rotfl1
I was waiting for the 50m penalty to be honest. We've had some paid against us this year for a lot less. Good umpiring on that part at least having a feel for the game and the pressure

Reactions: 2 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
My son / grandson both Tiger members had tickets to the Gabba GF but as we/they live in WA (due to COVID-19 border still closed) what to do with the Tickets. Now in Brisbane lives Jenny a neice whose support for the Tigers never wavered especially through the tough times prior to 2017 so Jen with her partner they got the grandstand tickets to see Dusty Cotch etc etc etc ruin the fairytale ending for those sufffocating pussy Cats.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I bore witness to the greatest player ever at his best last night.

Keeping a great team on their feet, steadying them.

Then delivering a withering combination.

I danced and sang all night. Joy permeating my soul. Joy oozing out of my heart.

At breakfast time, i said to snake.

I am so happy i dont know what to do.

I thought for a moment and said

I want to eat a lobster for breaky. I want oysters placed on its eyes.

And i want a margarita and a bloody maria and a moscow mule all in front of me.

And dreams came true. We sang tigerland.

Ordered another lobster

And cried tears

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users