Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2021 - Dees v Dogs

Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win?

• Want Melbourne

• Want Bulldogs

• Think Melbourne

• Think Doggies

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Actually i'd do it every 3yrs in Darwin.
Last years DT was one of the best.
Makes more sense to have there from both clubs perspective.
Both teams are from Melbourne. That’s where the supporter base is and that’s where the game should be.

If this happens they should move Anzac Day game as well.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Who ever is wanting Melbourne to win haven’t witnessed their supporters live at the MCG. They are unbearable.

Go Dogs!
On the flip side, hard to support a team that cheats by throwing the ball non-stop. Ideally no-one wins and the cancel the premiership this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I agree with that. The Welcome to Country was electric.
Yeah it was good but the pre game at the G under lights is brilliant. Plus there are 85,000 people there instead of 10,000 people. Plus 90% plus of both sides supporter base is in Melbourne. And they have hardly been to a game in the past 2 years. Despite Richmond still having over 100,000 members.

Reckon arsewipe Gil talking about taking the game away every 3rd year is a bit of an insult to locked down rusted on supporters of both teams.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Who ever is wanting Melbourne to win haven’t witnessed their supporters live at the MCG. They are unbearable.

Go Dogs!

I havnt.

But for me, 2017 was such euphoria, and im so chockers with magnamanity after 3 flags,

That I want The Dees to feel it. I don't care if they go for the Vive Cliquot if they loot a BWS.

I like the idea of a gifted Noongar winning a flag on his country too.

and I love Max.

Go Dees.

But I like the Dogs, so happy to see Bont lift The Cup too. Josh Schache could be the worst footballer to win a flag, so that'd be a good story too.

But we are reigning premiers for another 8 hours and I kind of know we'll be premiers again in about 372 days and 3-4 cans in, so Im chockers with good will.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
In Round 12 1965 the Tigers, having languished outside the top 4 for a good part of 20 years, lit a little fire that quickly spread to the Demons' boardroom.

It instigated the Norm Smith Curse that has been burning Melbourne ever since.

Accuse me of schadenfreude if you want, but I'm just keen to see it burning a little while longer.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Anyone watching channel 7 coverage
Ducks had some work done on his face
Botox
His left eyebrow is 1/2 way up his face!!!
Jesus!! What is wrong with him!!

• Haha

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
See that imbecile Cochrane on the Gold Coast wants the GF played away from the MCG every 5 years. And that *smile* McLachlan has proposed playing the Dreamtime Game in Pert every 3 years.

Get *smile* to both of them!!!
Cochrane can gagf and take his irrelevant basket case of a club with him.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Both teams are from Melbourne. That’s where the supporter base is and that’s where the game should be.

If this happens they should move Anzac Day game as well.
Yeah, they should play it at Gallipoli, with Turks shooting at the Bombers & Magpies players. Make the game more entertaining for neutral supporters.

• Haha

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Go Dogs!
100% agree

Prelim final 2019 I was sitting in MCC stand beside a really toff couple who were all over Geelong and Dangerfield and justifying every dodgy free kick they got and whinging about ours. They were doing my head in but all I could do was bite my lip, pretend I couldn’t hear them and say nothing - especially with Geelong up at half time. It was classic cat fan behaviour and they were just such pompous smug farts.

Anyway halfway into the last quarter they packed and stood up to leave and I spoke to them for the first time with something cheery like “what a shame you have to leave early but I guess you’ve got a long trip home”

And they immediately huffed back “Oh no. We’re not Geelong supporters. We barrack for Melbourne”

I hate the idea that that couple get one ounce of joy tonight.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Melbourne's to lose
Footscray's to win
The Dees will be mighty nervous
The Dogs will give it a fair dinkum crack
Melbourne ... the best team this season ... will settle after half time and bring home the chocolates by 28 points .
But I'm having an each-way better and barracking for the Doggies to cause the upset.
May it be a cracking game

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Go Dogs!
Sorry, my memory goes back to Libba scratching Knighters face to a point where it looked like a pizza.
i am into the romance of the end of the drought and will be supporting the demons

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Melbourne have given me no reason to pick against them. They have risen to every challenge throughout the year and beaten all comers.
I have a couple of family members as Demon supporters so wish them well but I’m torn as they would equal Richmond’s 13 Premierships.
The advantage is that we won’t have to deal with their supporters celebrating in Melbourne. And that’s a win for everybody.
Dees by 22pts.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Sorry, my memory goes back to Libba scratching Knighters face to a point where it looked like a pizza.
i am into the romance of the end of the drought and will be supporting the demons
Good point re Libba. I was at that game...did Libba get rubbed out for that? Can't remember. The return match later in the year was a cracker.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Good point re Libba. I was at that game...did Libba get rubbed out for that? Can't remember. The return match later in the year was a cracker.
I was livid at the time but Libba's OK. Have played against him in the Masters Metro league.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'm amazed by how little I'm actually giving a stuff about the Grand Final to be honest.

Doesnt feel like Grand Final day or week to me.

Now I know how every other neutral felt last October.

Reactions: 2 users