Greg Miller and the RFC....feel free to reply | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greg Miller and the RFC....feel free to reply

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Greg, earlier on you had a shot at Tiger fans for not buying memberships. You followed up with explanations but the fact remained that you'd been at the club 5 minutes and were preaching to people who've been heartbroken year after year for over 20 years.

You eluded to changes and a new era.

What do you have to say to those people now after Richmond's pissweak performance the last 3 weeks?

Do you feel a bit guilty taking money from people under false pretences?

Do you share the hurt of the people who dared to believe?

Maybe Danny has been gagged but do you think it's acceptable that 3LO tell listeners they can't give a report on his press conference because in 7 minutes he didn't say anything? The club has a duty to fans to let them know what's happening through after match press conferences.

Oh maybe you want their money but give nothing in return?

Oh yeah Danny did say something. He expects players to come to him and ask to be sent back to Coburg rather than him drop them. Get some balls Danny. It's you who gives a certain player weekly selection even though he's the biggest waste of space ever to have pulled on Richmond jumper.

Everyone knows there are limitations on the selection table due to injury (well maybe except Redford ;) ) but thats still no excuse for losing today.

It seems the coaching panel has gone walkabout as much as the players on the field. Why leave Richo in the goal square being held all day by a new kid on the block. Well done to the kid for making Richo look second rate, but surely it could have been stopped by slight modifications in the team. Richo is great at running and marking for eg, why not use that? Sometimes I wonder if Richo can think for himself really, and I shudder at how the players think Richo is the only option too.

This team lacks disclipine and direction and is bereft of spirit.

Today's loss is an absolute embarrassment and one I am sure has knocked the spirit out of the most loyal Tiger fans too.

It's just not acceptable and I hope the club is ashamed of the performance.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Today hopefully was a wake up call for Greg Miller and Clinton Casey that spud must not be given another year on his contract.
Clearly recruiting has been short sighted and the buck must start with Frawley.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
4th choice to be coach and he,s coaching accordingly.while i have always defended spud and always will as a person at least i.ve just about ran out of any defence for him injuries or otherwise.
however where to from now?
what has changed from 4 yrs ago that would convince a top rating coach to ever step foot in at punt road if we sack spud?
the one an only person would be kevin sheedy.so do we keep spud for another year and then have a real hot go at sheedy when his contract expires at the bombers or do we risk yet another untried coach?
IF the club decides to sack spud the only way the club would get out of this mess membership wise as well o nthe field is to go after sheedy at whatever cost.
forget about wallace,eade etc. if we are to do this right it has to be sheedy.
i feel gutted

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm not one for mid season sackings at all, but I've said before at the end of the season the club would be negligent not to reassess how Danny is travelling.

To me it would be far worse to honour a contract just so not to be seen as a coach sacking club as it would to keep him on if he isn't up to it.

I'm really starting to question what's been going on, or more to the point not going on, in the coaching box the last few weeks.

The reason coaches get sacked are because of the wrong decisions being made in the first place.

I doubt Sheedy is the answer but who knows......am too depresssed to even think about it tonight. :'(

Why can't we find a Roos or a Laidley.

Knighter for coach.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
How about Campbell as captain-coach? The only one down there with an inlking of an idea.

P

PuntRoadRoar

hey at least theres some positive news, we wont have to pay danny any money this year because he is on a performance based contract...... :mad:

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Everyone bags Diggler and Myself but we are spot on the money yet again.
Its time this hick was sacked and a new era of youth started. My mail is that Sheedy is ready to have a crack rightly or wrongly I recieved this from a very good source that infact Frawley may resign

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
johnson2richo2003 said:
4th choice to be coach and he,s coaching accordingly.while i have always defended spud and always will as a person at least i.ve just about ran out of any defence for him injuries or otherwise.
however where to from now?
what has changed from 4 yrs ago that would convince a top rating coach to ever step foot in at punt road if we sack spud?
the one an only person would be kevin sheedy.so do we keep spud for another year and then have a real hot go at sheedy when his contract expires at the bombers or do we risk yet another untried coach?
IF the club decides to sack spud the only way the club would get out of this mess membership wise as well o nthe field is to go after sheedy at whatever cost.
forget about wallace,eade etc. if we are to do this right it has to be sheedy.
i feel gutted
Sheeds mum will help get him back to Punt road and quite a few bumer fans ;D ;D

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Miller needs to act and stamp his authority on the club.........clear out Frawleys things and change the locks before he arrives for work on Monday

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Laff said:
My mail is that Sheedy is ready to have a crack rightly or wrongly I recieved this from a very good source that infact Frawley may resign

So when is this big event supposed to happen Laff? Mid season? Post season? Next year? One of these years?

There's one way of finding out how "very good" the source is I spose.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
The facts are Frawley and his band of merry men are on a performance based contract. The tigers have a get out clause on the contract with lack of performance. This I know 100% they were called into a board meeting at the beggining of the year and told its time to perform

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
rosy3 said:
I doubt Sheedy is the answer but who knows......am too depresssed to even think about it tonight. :'(

Why can't we find a Roos or a Laidley.

Knighter for coach.

Rosy - Lambert's the obvious one if your looking for a fresh approach whose been blooded in well along with some sentiment attached.

Richos_gal

Tiger Cub
Feb 9, 2003
Melb
Atta girl Rosy, give 'em hell.

I'm pretty peeved with ppl giving tiger supporters grief for not backing their team and buying a membership. but the truth is we get the same spiel every year about how this will be 'our year' and what do you know, a few months down the track and the same old stuff happens.
how dare bloody roo-boy greg miller get on our case for not buying a membership when he has no idea what its like to be a tiger supporter?

In his first year at richmond he has experienced what every tiger supporter experiences EVERY AFL season: the hope, the hell and the heartache.
welcome to tigerland greg miller.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Harry said:
Rosy - Lambert's the obvious one if your looking for a fresh approach whose been blooded in well along with some sentiment attached.

The name's Bond........Chris Bond.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I haven't been that depressed for ages, I was devastated, and to top it off, I got a dirty stare and a clap from another member, after I dared call out to Richo 'show some leadership and kick a goal' (which he did and so he should.

On the money he earns one goal out of 5 is not a worth a cheer :mad:

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Have nothing against Bondy, but don't know if he has served a long enough apprenticeship yet.

LAMBERT as obviously got a few things in his favour, but I would be very weary of going with an untried senior coach yet again. Our success in this area hasn't been too good in recent times.

I too am feeling very frustrated, but we were really without an engine room yesterday. They were able to simply tag Cogs and that didn't leave us a lot of in and under options.

The worst part for me was watching the likes of MURPHY and WHITNELL find space time and time again. I was wondering who the hell was on WHITNELL, CAMPOREALE and co early on in the game.

Was it HILTON. It looked like it on TV. Couldn't understand that match up at all

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
gustiger12 said:
The worst part for me was watching the likes of MURPHY and WHITNELL find space time and time again. I was wondering who the hell was on WHITNELL, CAMPOREALE and co early on in the game.

Was it HILTON. It looked like it on TV. Couldn't understand that match up at all
Yeah I wondered the same, especially after Murphy kicked 5.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Chris Bond!!!! Has someone been smoking funny cigars? You might as well appoint Knighta, Benny or Daffy. What about Brian Leys or Des Ryan.
We dont need ever want a 90's player to coach the club:- Losers