Griffiths | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Griffiths

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
BrisTiger24 said:
Am I the only one slightly bitter that he has left us one short on the list? Timing couldn't be worse

No I think it's poor also.

His career was effectively over anyway one more decent knock would have done him in so should have gone at seasons end and allowed the club to get another player on the list.

God luck to Ben but he should've Gone last year.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Best of luck Big Ben. I think it’s best for all parties that he moved on.

With our structures for this season, I think we will be still be setting up the same as we won’t be tempted to go more conventional now that Griffiths isn’t an option.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
MB78 said:
Best of luck Big Ben. I think it’s best for all parties that he moved on.

With our structures for this season, I think we will be still be setting up the same as we won’t be tempted to go more conventional now that Griffiths isn’t an option.

This

And history repeats - last year Yarren left and we played the year with one less player to choose from and look at how that turned out ;D

Good luck Griff - health comes first and shows the boys that they have to max the now - all good.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
BrisTiger24 said:
Am I the only one slightly bitter that he has left us one short on the list? Timing couldn't be worse
I assume the RFC hierarchy would be frustrated too (privately).

If they had have known back in October/November they could have DFA,d or traded or drafted another KPF (like Schache for eg).

Now we are extremely light on for KPF.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Swings and roundabouts. So we've missed out on having a stab with a late pick. Instead we have one fewer delisting at the end of this year. And in all likelihood we now have more salary cap room this year that we can shift into 2019 to either land a player or keep a player coming out of contract.

Good luck Griff, in NFL and in life.

PS The Age says the opportunity only came up 2 weeks ago, and they included a photo of Hampson taking a mark!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
leon said:
Except that fantastic 2016 win over the Swans at the G. with Lloyd's goal after the siren. Griff kicked 5 ripper goals, giving Grundy a bath (not often anyone does that) and bringing forward the retirement of Teddy Richards after Griff ran away from him bouncing the ball before slotting it. What great all-round athleticism for a 200cm giant.

His breakout game. Unfortunately he broke back in.

Best of luck to him.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Sniffens is a restricted free agent this year. That means real money.

A great opportunity for the club to rehome and resalary him. Glad it came off. Brilliant play.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
craig said:
No I think it's poor also.

His career was effectively over anyway one more decent knock would have done him in so should have gone at seasons end and allowed the club to get another player on the list.

God luck to Ben but he should've Gone last year.
I presume we don't have to pay out his last year. It might have been different if they agreed to part ways last october

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
PS The Age says the opportunity only came up 2 weeks ago, and they included a photo of Hampson taking a mark!
I find that hard to believe

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
*smile* move from Ben. Left the club one down with no means of replacement simply because he got a better offer and all while under contract. To top it off, screwed over his delisted teammates, one of whom probably would have been retained if Griffiths had made this decision 2 months earlier.

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
TigerFurious said:
*smile* move from Ben. Left the club one down with no means of replacement simply because he got a better offer and all while under contract. To top it off, screwed over his delisted teammates, one of whom probably would have been retained if Griffiths had made this decision 2 months earlier.
Who out of that lot would you want to retain? and would they take us forward?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
TigerFurious said:

Really? Maybe it just opens the door to try another player rather than one who's promised much over 8 seasons but in reality delivered little. We waited a long time for Ben for a variety of reasons it never happened. Likely it never would have.
Someone like Cal Moore now will be given that exposure & opportunity. Hope he or someone else takes it.