Gunston? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gunston?

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
We’re reloading for a tilt. Three flags isn’t enough and I agree.

29. Some good footy left. Dodgy back this year.

Third mobile marking tall could be what we need?

Any takers on PRE if the price is right?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
1 game in 2021, which isn't an instant worry, however he's struggling to come back from back surgery, that is a worry.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
3-4 years ago I would have taken him in a heartbeat, not now

I am not sure I favour a mature ager, Tarrant was just a like for like for Astbury. If we did take one it should be a mid imo

Reactions: 5 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Always been a big fan but rather keep Caddy as 3rd forward.

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Is it spinal with Gunston? They moved him back one year (2019?) to get some football out of him.

One of his greatest strengths was his ability to convert from tough angles. He was a freak. When you can convert from tough angles you spread the oppo defence - they have to move to the perimeter to cover you. So a dead eye Gunston drew defenders to the boundary and if he wasn't hit he opened space in the middle for other forwards.

A forward who is accurate from dead pockets is a tactical boon. What if you've got two? Say, Breust on the other side? Makes a lot of room in the middle.

That 46.13 Gunston kicked in 2013 was not Joe the Goose stuff. He was converting from anywhere. And was almost 70% for years. He's dropped to 60% since but that's still ok. He's no longer a freak but he's useful. He'd give us variety in attack that we lack.

I can see why we'd be interested in a medical report.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I don’t think it would be a good move. Jack’s got a year left in him. Gunston’s 29, but has some significant injury issues.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
If Geelong is not interested in him then there must be a concern with his health...

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'm all for the concept, I think we need a connection forward and Gunston would be a good option.

I would have liked to see us look at the other Tom Lynch, but if Gunston is healthy he would be even better.

Caddy isn't the answer in my opinion, the success he had as a forward was not in playing this role.
Better get you in there to work on that L5 S1 then.

“Does it hurt when I put my elbow here Jack ?? What about when I jump on it ?”