Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hardwick

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
yeah Dimma was super cranky.

what I wanna know is which journalist will take up the story of the AFL changing the rules to combat one team’s success.
Heard Browny say during the game that the Stand Rule was introduced by AFL to stem the Tigers. Seemed to slip by most people and of course the other weak commentators said crickets on the subject

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Here we go again. Browneye had to highlight Dimma's comment on what Jonathan Brown said with Carey speaking up.

"This will simmer through the week".....FFS. This media bore themselves so much they need to keep pricking us at every point to get an orgasm.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Here we go again. Browneye had to highlight Dimma's comment on what Jonathan Brown said with Carey speaking up.

"This will simmer through the week".....FFS. This media bore themselves so much they need to keep pricking us at every point to get an orgasm.
Just the boys in the meedjia circle jerking again. How else are they all gunna be xpurts.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

David King supporting Hardwick. Reckons Sam Arseburgler "sold him a pup" by relaying Brown's comments inaccurately and said it was a ridiculous question.

Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Browny wasn’t saying anything controversial or even overtly critical, just the usual nonsense from a neutral commentator who doesn’t know the team or how we play. Dimma is obviously cranky and I don’t mind that either. You can bet they have already laughed it off in a text / phone call.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Can you give more details on what happened and what was said?
Was only half paying attention when Tom Morris raised it and implied that Hardwick was in the wrong by criticising Brown. King said he didn't think Hardwick was in the wrong, said he was "ready to fire" or something similar and Landsberger "sold him a pup" by claiming Brown said Lynch should be played in the ruck to run him into form, which wasn't what Brown said at all. King said when quoting someone else it should be word for word what the person said. Then Montagna chimed in with his two cents, also criticising Hardwick, so King had another go at defending Hardwick. Said it was a "ridiculous question" or something similar, and that Landsberger should make two phone calls to apologise to Hardwick and Brown. At the end King asked Morris whether he would ask a question like that. Browne ducked it but appeared to imply his answer was no.

Edit: Had another look.

Morris introduced it but didn't initially imply Hardwick was wrong.

King: Dimma's fired a shot across the bow, and that's fine, because he was sold a pup by Sam Landsberger there. If you're going to say what someone says in the commentary, you gotta get it right. He was hot, he was ready to fire a bullet or two, he was prodded a couple of times on that question. Browny's never said to put him in the ruck, he was creating a conversation about how you get him in the game... I think Sam Landsberger should make two phone calls - he should ring Damien and say "Look, I apologise for selling you down a path you probably didn't want to go to", and there's actually no positive outcome for him there, and to Jonathan Brown. I think it's pretty ordinary to be honest.

Morris: I think you're being harsh on Sam.

King: If you're going to say to a coach who's under the pump and answering all sorts of questions about his marquee forward and him being out of form, and you're going to quote someone, quote them correctly.

Morris: He could've phrased it better for sure.

King: No he could've got it right, mate.

Morris: He could've done it better, but Damien Hardwick is taking any chance he can get to divert from the game itself. That's what he does.

King: No...

Montagna: He was talking about cheap seats and all those sorts of things. I think it was a bit over the top from Damien Hardwick when they're talking about commentary about the game, commentary about the player. That's the commentators' job, to commentate the game and players and those sorts of things, so to sort of have a potshot at Jonathan Brown was a bit unfair.

King: He wasn't going to have a potshot at Jonathan Brown until he was told something that Browny said which was inaccurate. If you're going to repeat stuff... [to Browne] I mean you wouldn't do that.

Morris: I'm not faultless as a journalist at all but it's important to get it right.

King: If you're going to quote someone you generally quote them word for word. You can't say Damien, he said to put him in the ruck.

Then a bit of waffle to finish off and change the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Was only half paying attention when Tom Browne raised it and implied that Hardwick was in the wrong by criticising Brown. King said he didn't think Hardwick was in the wrong, said he was "ready to fire" or something similar and Landsberger "sold him a pup" by claiming Brown said Lynch should be played in the ruck to run him into form, which wasn't what Brown said at all. King said when quoting someone else it should be word for word what the person said. Then Montagna chimed in with his two cents, also criticising Hardwick, so King had another go at defending Hardwick. Said it was a "ridiculous question" or something similar, and that Landsberger should make two phone calls to apologise to Hardwick and Brown. At the end King asked Browne whether he would ask a question like that. Browne ducked it but appeared to imply his answer was no.
Thanks. Thought it was about Brown's comment on the stand rule.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Was only half paying attention when Tom Browne raised it and implied that Hardwick was in the wrong by criticising Brown. King said he didn't think Hardwick was in the wrong, said he was "ready to fire" or something similar and Landsberger "sold him a pup" by claiming Brown said Lynch should be played in the ruck to run him into form, which wasn't what Brown said at all. King said when quoting someone else it should be word for word what the person said. Then Montagna chimed in with his two cents, also criticising Hardwick, so King had another go at defending Hardwick. Said it was a "ridiculous question" or something similar, and that Landsberger should make two phone calls to apologise to Hardwick and Brown. At the end King asked Browne whether he would ask a question like that. Browne ducked it but appeared to imply his answer was no.

Edit: Had another look.

Browne introduced it but didn't initially imply Hardwick was wrong.

King: Dimma's fired a shot across the bow, and that's fine, because he was sold a pup by Sam Landsberger there. If you're going to say what someone says in the commentary, you gotta get it right. He was hot, he was ready to fire a bullet or two, he was prodded a couple of times on that question. Browny's never said to put him in the ruck, he was creating a conversation about how you get him in the game... I think Sam Landsberger should make two phone calls - he should ring Damien and say "Look, I apologise for selling you down a path you probably didn't want to go to", and there's actually no positive outcome for him there, and to Jonathan Brown. I think it's pretty ordinary to be honest.

Browne: I think you're being harsh on Sam.

King: If you're going to say to a coach who's under the pump and answering all sorts of questions about his marquee forward and him being out of form, and you're going to quote someone, quote them correctly.

Browne: He could've phrased it better for sure.

King: No he could've got it right, mate.

Browne: He could've done it better, but Damien Hardwick is taking any chance he can get to divert from the game itself. That's what he does.

King: No...

Montagna: He was talking about cheap seats and all those sorts of things. I think it was a bit over the top from Damien Hardwick when they're talking about commentary about the game, commentary about the player. That's the commentators' job, to commentate the game and players and those sorts of things, so to sort of have a potshot at Jonathan Brown was a bit unfair.

King: He wasn't going to have a potshot at Jonathan Brown until he was told something that Browny said which was inaccurate. If you're going to repeat stuff... [to Browne] I mean you wouldn't do that.

Browne: I'm not faultless as a journalist at all but it's important to get it right.

King: If you're going to quote someone you generally quote them word for word. You can't say Damien, he said to put him in the ruck.

Then a bit of waffle to finish off and change the subject.
Its not Brown on first crack.
Its king Montagna and that little ferret Melbourne supporter Tom Morris.
How the *smile* has he got a job commentating on football.

Reactions: 1 users