Henneman is a Miller Target | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Henneman is a Miller Target

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Redford said:
On the subject of players like Stevens and Power, whilst they are certainly good players, they are so as outside players in very good teams. I reckon we need more tough skilful on-baller types (as opposed to this confused reference to mid-fielders all the time) the ilk of Coughlan. There is way too much of a burden on him at the moment. I reckon we need to get players who can develop more into the Riccuito, Voss, West, Goodwin, Chapman, Ratten etc. mould of player.

That's a good point Redford, we have too many "outside" players as is and really need some tough, in and under mid-fielders to assist Cogs and Johnno. Would the drafting of Brock McLean assist this area?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Redford said:
Yeah, you are correct KL, but maybe we can pick one up in other deals though.

I think there is every chance - there are so many option.

Perhaps Hall + our 4th pick for Henneman and the Bombers 2nd pick. The Bombers are always desperate for big blokes

THe Bummers 2nd pick would be reasonably close to our original 3rd round pick

Though, I still cannot get past trying to a deal with the Doggies for one of their early picks first and then move onto trading some of our other picks from there

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Koalalill said:
Sheeds loves a challenge and working on these special project type players.;D

On that basis, one suspects he'd be in his element at Richmond. :D ;D

Can't imagine why he wouldn't want to come home then. :(

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
MC24 said:
Koalalill said:

Perhaps he doesn't like the prospect of being SACKED ;D ;D ;D or facing the full fury of PRE ;)

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah, there are plenty of options KL. Particularly when not just us, but a heap of other clubs are also looking to be very proactive during the trade period. Lets hope we do a better job of it than in past years !

As for McLean Boss, yeah he's not a bad little player. He would take time to develop into one of those types. But I suspect there might be one or two other kids with a bit more potential to be that type of player for us. But yeah, that's the sort of direction I reckon we need to start taking never the less.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Koalalill said:
MC24 said:
Koalalill said:

Perhaps he doesn't like the prospect of being SACKED ;D ;D ;D or facing the full fury of PRE ;)

Yeah, but it's not like we actually mean any of it KL. We're just testing people out.

Someone as resilient as he is could see through all of that. ;)

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
The Boss said:
Henneman is a guy who is not getting a regular game at essendon. Mainly due to injuries

Would be very wary of trading too highly for players with a history of injury.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
What's wrong with a straight swap of Bowden for Henneman? I'd much rather hold onto what talls we have, because we are really lacking in that area. And remember that Stafford will be into his 30s next year, on top of being injury-prone. Gas is also injury-prone and getting closer to 30. Richo too. So within 3 years we are going to be needing to replace all three. One would think that Vardy's career is over, given that he's not getting picked despite the current injuries. What does that leave us? Ottens, AK (a small tall), Holland and *smile*. Sarge will need 3 years to develop. I think we are on the verge of a talls crisis. Hall is young and athletic - it is unrealistic to expect him to be killing the opposition yet. Everyone knows talls take ages to reach that level (just look how long it took Primus). Get Henneman, and get rid of an outside running player.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Was just thinking, would Jade Rawlings have lasted if he was a Richmond player and PRE in charge of the list? NO. For most of his career Rawlings has had all the hallmarks of a hack - Duncanesque kicking, dropped sitters in the backline, made hospital handpasses etc. I know, my bro's a Hawthorn supporter. But the Hawks continued with the development, and look at him now.

Compare him to Hall. Rawlings- 196 cm, 95 kg. Hall - 196 cm, 93 kg. Rawlings born October 1977. Hall born October 1980. Rawlings debuted in 1996. Hall debuted in 1999.

In other words, Hall is exactly 3 years behind Rawlings. I would say Hall has more natural talent than Rawlings - better runner, better kick. I somehow think he might just add the extra 2 kgs over 3 years to match Rawlings' weight. So why not hold on to him and wait for the development? If you kick out talls at Hall's age, you are never going to reap the rewards of the development years.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Good points, TB. What bothers me about Hall is that he's not a genuine ruckman (and never will be), and I don't think he has the smarts to be a key postion player. If he is what it takes to get Henneman (or equivalent), so be it.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
But that's my point Hartbalme. No one thought Rawlings had the smarts either - but there's no question he does now. Give him time to get there. Everyone's looking at the young colt, not the matured professional. Throwing away young talls is a recruiting sin!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Agree Tb. We've been caught out badly with injuries to our talls the last couple of seasons. It seems Vardy won't make the grade if he can't get a game at the moment, but I'd hang on to the talls we have, unless they are confident they definitely aren't up to it. Then I'd want to see a couple of talls traded for.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Yes, TB, talls do take time to mature. I'd hang on to Hall.
Someone once said at the end of a game a little champ is tired but a tall champ is still tall. Guess that makes sense.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Hall just doesn't come across as someone who will develop into anything more than a "fill-in" type player. Handy as a back up, but he's never going to be a consistent contributor, imo.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Tigerblood said:
But that's my point Hartbalme. No one thought Rawlings had the smarts either - but there's no question he does now. Give him time to get there. Everyone's looking at the young colt, not the matured professional. Throwing away young talls is a recruiting sin!

Again agree TB. Sorry, wrote my reply before seeing your Rawlings post, which makes sense. I guess my point is if we are trading Hall for Henneman (and if that's the only way we can get him), we are losing a young unproven tall to gain a young, more established tall who we know can play a key position.
At the end of the day, sure I'd rather lose a camel like Joel, but depends on who they want. :)

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I'm still thinking Robert Murphy should be a priority. He's far more versatile than Henneman. He also has a real hard at it attitude and a steely resolve and not as injury prone.

Hymie

I'm a llama!
Aug 12, 2003
Henneman is a borderline hack , just a future biddiscombe or houlihan.

It is dispiriting to see that our focus seems to be on established players again. Even if we trade smarter and get youngish players(ie 23-25) it is still disappointing.

Our number one priority should be going into the draft in as strong as position as possible. Everything else is secondary , Iif a good deal prevents itself to pick up a good player or two from another club then fine , but only if it doesn't hurt our position in the draft much.

Hopefully these are just unfounded rumours that don't amount to anything.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
tiga said:
I'm still thinking Robert Murphy should be a priority. He's far more versatile than Henneman. He also has a real hard at it attitude and a steely resolve and not as injury prone.

Not to mention that he was a Richmond supporter, before he was drafted. :D

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
rampagingtiger said:
All I heard was he is on a secondary target list...that is there are 2 lists floating around. The first list is of gun players out of contract-my info is they have the agreement of 1 such player

I'm surprised no-one else has queried this...

- Firstly - how reliable is your source?.

- Do you know who it is??....If so - at least give us a clue!!!

- Will be trading Bowden to get him??

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I cant see why target Henneman.

Our backline is our strengh.

What we require is a few more mid fielders and fowards that are able to kick goals on a regular basis.