Nick Dal Santo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Dal Santo

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I'm impressed by this boy. Apparently he's uncontracted - anyone else think he's worth a shot? What's he worth?

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Pros: Good ballgetter, silky skills, great composure - an excellent midfielder of the future.

Cons: Completely one-sided (the last thing we need is another one-dimensional left-footer), built like a short stick (maybe that will change with hard work).

If he could kick right foot, he'd go 1st or 2nd round.

Dean3

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Yeah, you may be right about the one-sidedness hartbalme, but he's not a stick - in fact he looks like he could really be a strong boy with a good pre-season or two.

A few people have suggested targetting Luke Power, but Dal Santo might be cheaper and ultimately better. How would Bowden look in a Saints jumper?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Dean3 said:
How would Bowden look in a Saints jumper?

Very good IMO - I also reckon Joel & Grant Thomas would get along so well ;D

Though, I am not so sure on Dal Santo. He has struggled to get a game this year after looking like he could be anything last year. I didn't see much of the Saints game against the Eagles (I was watching Port) but his skills look good but does he go in and get the hardball? The few bits I saw he didn't seem to be doing that

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
hartbalme said:
I wouldn't wish Bowden on the Sainters, Carlton deserve him more. Give them Fiora instead.

No Fiora is good trade bait for a possible trade with Port Adelaide.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Dal Santo has had an injury interrupted year, he has torn his thigh about 4 times this season!!

He's go some similarities to Joel - he's one sided and is a bit of a receiver. In saying that he is only young and will probably develop into a good midfielder.

Luke Power is the one I want. He has developed into a sensational midfielder with plenty of smarts, has good pace, very good skills and can kick goals. His improvement this season has been phenomenal.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
The Boss - 2 questions on Power

1. Is he out of contract?

2. What would he cost in draft picks/players etc.

I would think at a minimum a 2nd round pick and a player. Couldn't see Brisbane being interested in a Bowden or Fiora. Ray Hall wouldn't be a trade option with Brisbane becasue they have so many talls

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
The Boss, agree completely about Luke Power. He is a great player. Unlike most small fast players, he also comes with lots of footy smarts and has deceptive strength. Along with Voss he has been holding the Brisbane side together this year. I'd gladly give Bowden and Fiora for his services to be down at the club. If ever they were after a goal kicking forward-cum-midfielder, this is the bloke to target.

Having said that however, I dont think Brisbane would be tempted with any of the hacks we have to offer them.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Koalalill said:
The Boss - 2 questions on Power

1. Is he out of contract?

2. What would he cost in draft picks/players etc.

I would think at a minimum a 2nd round pick and a player. Couldn't see Brisbane being interested in a Bowden or Fiora. Ray Hall wouldn't be a trade option with Brisbane becasue they have so many talls

KL- Power is out of contract

If he decided to leave Brisbane and come home I'm sure we could come up with a suitable trade. Maybe first pick or Bowden and a 3rd pick.

tro-boy

Get in my belly
Dec 18, 2002
Melbourne
www.austinpowers.com
At 23 years of age, Luke Power would be the type of player that could instantly add something to Richmond (much the same as Nathan Brown could). Unlike most of our other midfielders and with no disrespect to Kane Johnson and Mark Couglan, Luke Power is equally at home in the midfield or nailing goals in the forward line.

In determining what the priority for Richmond is in the upcoming trading period, they have to ask themselves what cost them the most in 2003? I reckon the answer is lack of goals. Therefore, the recruitment of a goal kicker should be the priority to Richmond.

P

PuntRoadRoar

i think we should not even bother about dal santo lets look to this draft to recuit our own with the likes of miller leading the recruitment team, past beck mistakes wont happen hopefully.

as for luke power why would he be wanting to come to Richmond? As for trading Bowden for him Brisbane arent that stupid.

Lets get our own kids hopefully we can get our own "judd" like player.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
I'm not too keen on taking a punt on a guy who's a little bit suspect in a couple of ways unless we get him basically for free. I'd rather recruit a young established player or a high quality youngster.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
PuntRoadRoar said:
i think we should not even bother about dal santo lets look to this draft to recuit our own with the likes of miller leading the recruitment team, past beck mistakes wont happen hopefully.

The key word there is hopefully.

Wernt Brisbane really intrested in Fiora before we drafted him? ::)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm not sure about Brisbane g0tigers, but Freo said they were planning to take Fiora over Pavlich, but we beat them to him.
Aaron isn't the first player on our list I'd be getting rid of unless it was because we got an attractive offer for him.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
rosy3 said:
Aaron isn't the first player on our list I'd be getting rid of unless it was because we got an attractive offer for him.

I agree there Rosy. There are 7-8 players on our list I'd give the flick to before Fiora. I bag him also, but I do think he has potential hidden away somewhere.

I blame Frawley and the coaching staff for his non performance so far. IMO with good coaching and the right direction, he will be a good player at Richmond. He has pace, a good left foot and a good leap. They are 3 of the most important attributes in footy and they come naturally to him.

As usual though, his difficiencies and whether he can improve them are a huge worry, which keeps my thoughts on him up in the clouds.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
g0tigers said:
PuntRoadRoar said:

every team was big on Fiora gOtigers, he did look real good for the Port Magpies the year before he got drafted. He will come ok when he bulksup a bit and decides he can physically match it with others. As others have said i also feel he has good football hidden away.

The key word there is hopefully.

Wernt Brisbane really intrested in Fiora before we drafted him? ::)

Dean3

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Yeah IMHO I think others are underating him here. I'd be very happy to see him at Punt Rd.

Maybe we could give them back Stewie Loewe in exchange? ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Could even chuck in Spud to sweeten the deal...... ;)

Joking in case I get asked to justify my thoughts yet again :rollin