Homecoming Hero | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Homecoming Hero

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
Ahh Freezer. What a legend.

Right through from the under 19’s to captaining the Club, he was a Tiger through and through.

Not sure about his spell on the board though...

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Freezer one of my favourites too. They should show the players his highlights before the game. If that doesn't fire them up nothing will

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Very high opinion of Freezer
He was a great leader for the Tigers
Punched above his weight, so to speak, and never ever left anything in the tank when playing for the Yellow and Black.

PS What Dermie did to Free during his stupid and short playing days for the Swans (I think it was) was despicable.

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
How about Freezer’s big shirtfront on Moose Henwood at the SCG early 90’s. Big Moose was down and out. Trying to find video somewhere?.........

Reactions: 1 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
One of the most courageous players I've seen play the game.

How he played on during some matches was inspirational.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
One of the most courageous players I've seen play the game.

How he played on during some matches was inspirational.

Spot on, blx
Courage personified was Freezer.
Not the most gifted footballer running around, but he was, as you say, bloody inspirational and certainly led by example.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Triple premiership champion, and RFC team of the century player Merv Keane is the "Homecoming Hero" this week at the G.
Loved Keane in his day. A great player. Just got the job done. Grimes is so much like Keane in many ways.
My hat goes off to Merv and my heart goes out to him, given the trials and tribulations he has had to endure these past couple of years.
True legend of RFC

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Triple premiership champion, and RFC team of the century player Merv Keane is the "Homecoming Hero" this week at the G.
Loved Keane in his day. A great player. Just got the job done. Grimes is so much like Keane in many ways.
My hat goes off to Merv and my heart goes out to him, given the trials and tribulations he has had to endure these past couple of years.
True legend of RFC
Well said BT
Must see if I can find my old No 18 jumper

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
True legend of RFC

Cant believe they didn’t choose Deledio

• Haha

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
True legend of RFC

Had the pleasure of meeting Merv a long time ago. You wont find a more decent, humble man.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
True legend of RFC

Loved Keane as a kid too.

Jimmy Jess , Disco, Rioli, Tempany and Terry Smith (rip) I loved as well.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Loved Keane as a kid too.

Jimmy Jess , Disco, Rioli, Tempany and Terry Smith (rip) I loved as well.

Bruce Tempany think we might of won it in 1982 (he was killing it) if that DOG McConville didn't stuffed his arm.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Keane is a legend of the RFC triple premiership player 238 games.

Running creative Half Back Flanker.

Has 38 games and 2 flags over the next best #18 at the RFC in Alex Rance who has played 200 with 1 flag.

Hopefully Alex plays another 38 or more and wins another 2 flags to eclipse or join Merv.

Good times for all Tiger fans if he does.