Homecoming Hero | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Homecoming Hero

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Loved Keane as a kid too.

Jimmy Jess , Disco, Rioli, Tempany and Terry Smith (rip) I loved as well.

Now, that's a collection of great Tigers, craig.
Such a fabulous era.
We were so lucky to have seen those guys and been part of that successful period.
It was soooooo good to be a Richmond fan then .... just as it is now

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Fabulous player was Michael Pickering a real shining light.

Was never the same after he got sniped by Geoff Miles right in front of me in the forward pocket against the West Coast Eagles at VFL Park.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Fabulous player was Michael Pickering a real shining light.

Was never the same after he got sniped by Geoff Miles right in front of me in the forward pocket against the West Coast Eagles at VFL Park.

I was on the cheer squad.
He never ever returned to be the same player.
He was silmilar to penderbury at his best

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I was on the cheer squad.
He never ever returned to be the same player.
He was silmilar to penderbury at his best

Was one of Peter Sumich's first few games if I recall correctly and also young Stevan Jackson.

The 2 of them killed us that day, a typical shitty day at VFL Park.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Was one of Peter Sumichs first few games if I recall correctly and also young Stevan Jackson.

The 2 of them killed us that day, a typical cold wet shitty day at VFL Park iirc

Can’t remember the day, I remember Pickering lying face down on the half foward line.
91? Or 92?

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I really liked Michael Pickering, especially after he knocked out Rhys-Jones at the G.:p

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yep, good player for us and Melbourne.....

Justin had a great first season for us too but went downhill after that. There was also a 3rd Pickering (Andrew) that played in our under 19s.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I remember a game v the Hawks in about 1985 or 86 where Roach, Pickering and Steve James had a day out in a goal fest. Disco kickeda lazy 11 while Pickering kicked 4 or 5 but took a stack of marks, and i think James kicked 4. We finished with 29 or 30 goals, but the Hawks kicked ove r20 themselves with Derm having a day out with a half dozen or so.

A couple of guys we picked up from the dogs went pretty well that day, Chris Burton and Michael McKenna. Burton used to get 60% of his possessions in the first half of games and then tire out from memory. Michael McKenna used ot get a lot of the ball and kick it 20 or 30 metres. He could get it though!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I remember a game v the Hawks in about 1985 or 86 where Roach, Pickering and Steve James had a day out in a goal fest. Disco kickeda lazy 11 while Pickering kicked 4 or 5 but took a stack of marks, and i think James kicked 4. We finished with 29 or 30 goals, but the Hawks kicked ove r20 themselves with Derm having a day out with a half dozen or so.

A couple of guys we picked up from the dogs went pretty well that day, Chris Burton and Michael McKenna. Burton used to get 60% of his possessions in the first half of games and then tire out from memory. Michael McKenna used ot get a lot of the ball and kick it 20 or 30 metres. He could get it though!

Was that game at princess park??

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Geez how much room is there watching that? Skills are so much better these days given the heat on the ball carrier but would love to see the game opened up like that.
Some vintage Maurice Rioli there too. Cheers for sharing lamby.