How to hear the game at least? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How to hear the game at least?

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
A bit of a reality check tonight. I'll add a couple of observations.

Even after the recruiting of Johnson and the improvement in Coughlen etc tonight has shown that Campbell is still the No1. ball getter at Richmond. He has been taken for granted and tonight showed we are still a fair way off the best midfield's in the league.

IMHO Frawley is intimidated by the top sides in the league. We always seem to go negative against the Ports, Brisbane's, Essendon's etc. Frawley has got to stop trying to defend a game and try winning a game. Maybe next week he can try exploiting a few holes in the Essendon side rather than trying to tag half their team.

Lack of depth and poor selection really hurt us tonight. Why didn't Vardy play?? we look so much better when we have a traditional forward set up. if we are to have a chance against Essendon next week we'll need another tall, something we just don't have.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
While I totally agree with your post TF in reality there is only one team each from Essendon, Port, and Brisbane.
But we are alot better off this year considering the players that are out we would have been smashed at this time last year... so credit to the boys for fighting it out.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Td, I think people might be sick of me saying I think Kayne is way out of his depth and 20 something games at under 5 posessions average isn't up to scratch.
He's had more chances than most kids ever get.
But the reason I defended Bidders a bit is for people who didn't see the game.
It is personal opinion, and you are within your rights to single him out, but I put a second opinion because I think others were more disappointing.
Tivva for eg, but I don't think he needs to go to Coburg.
For his experience Johnson had a shocker.
Pettifer did nothing and I think he does need to go to Coburg.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Parker said:
Good to see Newman finally break the 20 possie mark
Who was he playing on tonight and how did they go?

Was on Nick Stevens I think Parker, someone else might confirm that.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
rosy3 said:
If anyone's looking at stats Houlihan's look low, but I think he spent most of the second half in his dressing gown. Must have some kind of injury.

Hamstring :(.

It'd be nice for us to get through the next few weeks without any more injuries :-\. Campo and Houlihan added to Richo, Ottens, Holland, Blumfield with Duncan and Dragga at Coburg. Touchwood not another season 2000 where the side was decimated by injuries.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
i just watched the replay on foxtel.

positives:
newman certainly has what it takes. a very smooth operator.
our fightback against the odds.recent times we would have got flogged.
stafford,s goal running around 3 players.. a ripper.

negatives:
while i hate to harp on negatives here is a few.
zantuck needs to be reminded that the hard work dosent stop once you make it to the top.
if we didnt have such a long list of injurys hilton would be playing for coburg.
missing ottens and richo has exposed hall.still making the basic errors he was 4yrs ago.and still cant mark the ball.

overall it was a good fighting effort by the lads but our disposal tonight did hurt us.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I remember when Spud got the gig at Tigerland he coaxed the magettes fitness or conditioning guy across with him.The year before pie had a very good injury run with soft tissue injuries, and in that first year he was with us so did we, but since then we have really slipped in this area. This makes me wonder if that guy has now moved on or whatever because we seem to be losing alot of guys to soft tissue injuries again....