Howdy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Howdy

frahlee

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2004
MELBOURNE
Thought I'd take the plunge and join you brave types. I am a mid 30 yo stheast melb. suburbs girl. Tiger from day dot. Didn't have any choice but this is one instance where it's not necessary to question the olds judgement. Will never forget me as an 8 year old sitting up behind the cheer squad at the G with my little brother, so in awe of the passion and the noise associated with being a Tiger. Left a lasting impression to say the least. I am sport mad, obviously love my footy, but would basically watch any sport rather than "normal" telly. Played a fair bit of netball over the years, as well as coaching junior sides. Had a go at cricket but felt strangely out of place. >:D. Am a real lover of horse racing, family has had interests over the years as well as my younger brother being a jockey until he outgrew the trade. Have been a stressed and too often disappointed supporter which has resulted in my various tirades. Apologies. Trying to see the light(siders) and not be so negative going into this season. Love a fizzy drink of just about any description, and when combined with a giant tv and lots of mates around, that's my heaven.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Frahlee
Great post and I'm with you 100% on the Big Screen and Fizzy Drinks
Love watching the footy with mates, a big TV and a few drinks.

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Hi Frahlee, great to meet another sister here :clap
Am a SE suburbs girl too- you mention racing, do you live anywhere near Caulfield? We used to take our dog for walks over there.
Am saving up for an LCD big screen, (all the better to watch some decnt bods on ;)). A Tiger Grand final on the big screen would be ace.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Ah, so you're a netballer and coach, Frahlee. I reckon your footy posts are extremely astute. I don't often post after them because there's not much more to say. Must see you in the Horseracing threads.

:thumbsup

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Great to have a devoted Tigeress baring herself [in a manner of speaking] to the gaze of other Tige supporters. Hope you don't subscribe to this modern idea of non-sexist titles, eg: actor, author, etc, as I still prefer actress, authoress.

Only sorry I can't join you in the enjoyment [?] of horse-racing. Love horses, but not horse-racing, having come from a family of avid punters and experienced the damage such addiction can cause.

Just my personal dislike so no need for all the PREnders who are race-goers to get stuck into me. I don't go onto the horse-racing threads on PRE and post against the sport [?] so please don't come onto this thread and criticise me for my personal dislike. If you haven't gone hungry on payday or seen the bailiffs come in, then you are among the lucky few who do bet on the gee-gees.

Anyhow, Frahlee, I still enjoy your posts and you have answered something that's had me intrigued for some time. Your posts have suggested a sporting knowledge that exceeds a lot of male so-called "experts". I look forward to further posts of yours.

frahlee

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2004
MELBOURNE
Thanks for the kind words gang. Anduril, actually grew up in Caulf. Sth, went to high school at Caulfield high, spent many an afternoon gazing out the window at the races. Great suburb, many fond memories. Am nowdays a little further down the road but still miss the area. Dyer'ere and Roarer, have always had a genuine love of all sport but most of all our glorious Tiges. Not hard to have a little knowledge when you've spent so much time watching footy, all levels. Guess it helps when you love something so much. Understand where you're coming from Roarer re: the gee gees. Like anything I suppose, moderation is always the key and unfortunately some can't pull up.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
frahlee said:
. . . . Understand where you're coming from Roarer re: the gee gees.  Like anything I suppose, moderation is always the key and unfortunately some can't pull up. 

Sorry, didn't mean to sound off. Saw my sister's house sold to pay her debts and her marriage pack up. I realise not every punter is like that. And I do love horses! :)