Port or Pies? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Port or Pies?

Which would you prefer in the GF?

• Pies

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • Port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I guess for the most of us it's the lesser of two evils.

Which team would you prefer to win next week?

I hate to say it but I hope Port flog the Pies. Then I hope Port lose the grand final.

I can't stand the thought of Mark Williams in a winning situation, but the thought of Eddie and his disciples gloating is worse.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I couldnt care one way or another.

You have to scum bag teams playing each other.

I hope both teams go hard and belt each physically. Which ever one wins will hopefully get flogged in the Grand Final.

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
Go the big V

Opps sorry, go pies!!!

Will be a sad day when a victorian club doesnt make in to a grand final.

Wayne Jackson will pop the Champagne though

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
I don't want the pies to have any chance of another flag so go port.
They will get flogged by either Brisbane or Sydney anyway.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Collingwood should be suspended for trading in a non AFL approved product.

Port cannot win a game they can't play so lets make the swans V Brisbane game the Grand Final and save us all the pain of having to ponder the alternatives.

Seriously I think WILLIAMS is still higher on my hate list. Not even Eddie or Collingwood would blatantly disrespect a Legend like Jack DYER.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Surely it is almost a prequisite to being a Tiger supporter that you (almost) prefer to see the Pies fail to Richmond succeeding! I also have a soft spot for Port, purely because, unlike Adelaide and WCE, they come from a real footy club with a history and tradition.
Having said that, I'd like to see Port and Sydney in the big one with Sydney winning - at least they WERE a Victorian club!

tigerknights1

we have seen better days
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
Goodness - can I have another choice?

Ummm, ok, well in that case, I gotta go with Port. Having said that I really don't like Port and hate Collingwood with an even greater passion.

So by process of elimination, I would like to see Brisbane and Sydney in the G.F and the Lions take a 3rd premiership, mainly cos I really like Voss and wish that Richmond had a player of his talent.

Also it would really get up the nose of Eddie and Nathan Buckley. ;)

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
I initially thought PIES, although they say that there not going as well as last year. So now, I dont know and dont care. ;)

P

PuntRoadRoar

I hope Port thump the pies by 15 goals...couldnt stand the thought of the pies making another grand final. and all those smug pies supporters would be nice to see them crying over a prelim loss

then go swans or lions in the big one........

lotus1

CANT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON FRAWDLEY
Jul 12, 2003
Doncaster
I dont give 2 rats arses who wins just like the rest of you dont,,but it wouldnt be the same without them now would it?

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Every team is entitled to be arrogant. "Port". BUT Port has not really done any damage to the Tiges. There is no rivalry. With the pies, well where do you start. I can not stand for one they have one more flags than us. Those scabs cost us many early GF wins in the ealry years of the VFL. It was nothing but absolute torture watching them win in 1990. Yes they have won 1 flag in 44 years, but that was 1 too many as far as I am concerned. Go lions, Syd or Port. Its no longer the interstate clubs vs Vic clubs in my eyes... (we all have to move on). Its the AFL and I choose the lesser of the evil empires (as I call them) to support!!

Port for me on this issue.

Top 5 Evil Empire Rankings...

1. Pies (history.. Best payback 1980)
2. Carlton (Hard hatred to losses in 72 & 82)
3. Hawthorn (they have costs us in the last 12 years 3 finals apperance with their game results)
4. Port Adelaide (Feral Factor & use of the magpie symbol + black & white colours in their original team in SAFL)
5. Essendon

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
The disrespect Port Adelaide showed to Jack Dyer and our Club still cuts me to the bone so I hope that the Pies absolutely flog them. However I would like to see a Sydney Collingwood Grand Final and watch the Swans romp all over the black and whites. A Collingwood loss in 2 consecutive grand finals?? Yeah, I'd like to see that! ;D Go the Swannies!

It's AAAALLLLL OOOVVEEERRRR !!!!!
Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
'If these 2 teams were playing in my front yard I'd shut the curtains', Herd something interesting on the weekend, If Port don't win the premiership Williams will get the flick.