Injuries - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injuries - 2019

This years injuries have proven to me what a waisted opportunity last season was.

deedee said:
This years injuries have proven to me what a waisted opportunity last season was.

maybe, but it will be especially nice watching Geelong waste this year, having felt the pain

easy said:
maybe, but it will be especially nice watching Geelong waste this year, having felt the pain

67 89 92 94 95 ...cats supporters know plenty about pain. :help

acatman1 said:
67 89 92 94 95 ...cats supporters know plenty about pain. :help
Nothing at all painful about 67, it was as sweet a year as we could possibly want.

zippadeee said:
Bingo. Perfect opportunity lost in 2 qts
Not quite as simple as that. Rance had a poor game, Riewoldt played well, Dusty on one leg, Astbury ill, Lambert on one leg after ankle surgery, Edwards poor in defence, etc. More factors at play than just 2 poor qtrs. Oh and pies game plan was excellent.

tigermike said:
Not quite as simple as that. Rance had a poor game, Riewoldt played well, Dusty on one leg, Astbury ill, Lambert on one leg after ankle surgery, Edwards poor in defence, etc. More factors at play than just 2 poor qtrs. Oh and pies game plan was excellent.

We went like a bull at gate last year. Finishing 2 games clear on top, our season was on the decline after the crows game at the g. Losing both butler & Graham followed a couple weeks later by Lambert’s injury.
We could’ve played out the 2nd part of the season a 100 times better. Try out a plan B, try Moore forward, try Bolton etc.
We went into the finals like a horse on the verge of breaking down,
Round 16..46 pt win crows
Round 17..2 pt loss gws
Round 18..54pt win Saints
Round 19..28pt win pies
Round 20..3 pt win cats
Round 21..76pt win suns
Round 22..8pt win Essendon
Round 23..3 pt win Dogs

7 games after the crows 6 wins 1 loss..
4 at the G average winning margin ONLY 10 pts. :'(

The loss of players has changed the set up positions and dynamics of the team.
Floss and Sheds in wrong positions. Only Lynch up forward, affecting Caddys game.
Grimes on a taller forward.
No ruck effect ruining centre clearance work.
The knock on effect is huge and has clearly passed tipping point... hence the last two poor results.

The best players on the ground for Geelong, according to the coaches.
1. Dangerfield.
2. Kelly.
3. Ablett.
Take those 3 out of their team and how do you think they would be travelling this year?
But no, injuries aren't ever an excuse.

Dont Argue said:
The best players on the ground for Geelong, according to the coaches.
1. Dangerfield.
2. Kelly.
3. Ablett.
Take those 3 out of their team and how do you think they would be travelling this year?
But no, injuries aren't ever an excuse.

I would like to see Kelly do what Lachie Neale did and go and play for a side with a much weaker midfield.
Not convinced he is worth the money the media is saying over 700k.
He reminds me of Glen Kilpatrick when he went to Geelong and Brett Scott who played with the swans in the late 80’s.
Both had huge impacts very quickly then disappeared

zippadeee said:
I would like to see Kelly do what Lachie Neale did and go and play for a side with a much weaker midfield.
Not convinced he is worth the money the media is saying over 700k.
He reminds me of Glen Kilpatrick when he went to Geelong and Brett Scott who played with the swans in the late 80’s.
Both had huge impacts very quickly then disappeared

From my point of view, he's had a bigger impact than Neale who is a seasoned champion.
Kelly never played a single game at AFLs highest level and wins a B&F in his first year.
More like a Maurace Rioli.
Comes over as a mature player and has instant impact. Every chance of a Brownlow this year. Not sure "Oysters" Kilpatrick or Scott ever got remotely close to that?

Whoever is in charge of updating this thread.

So it can be ready in time for this week's match you may want to start doing it now!

And you may need Voltaren for fingers after the effects of RSI.

I am lost for words with this injury run.

Given the run of injuries, and a couple of ridiculous suspensions, if we make the finals it will be one of Dimma's finest achievments

theglove3 said:
Whoever is in charge of updating this thread.

So it can be ready in time for this week's match you may want to start doing it now!

And you may need Voltaren for fingers after the effects of RSI.

I am lost for words with this injury run.

At this point it’s probably easier to just list the players available....

Crows will be approaching this game with a level of confidence not seen since the morning of the 2017 grand final

>:D

Getting back on topic... Out this week: Shane and Trent. Martin and Vlos are suspect.

This is now an official emergency at Tigerland - its like some bizzare joke what is happening to this team this season..... When i read about Shank and Cotch I thought "yeh - of course" It did not even surprise me one bit..

The real concern, especially with Cotch out again this week is even if we do get players back they’re going to be underdone and the injuries seem to be those that recurr.