Injury 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury 2024

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Thinking that Grimes has gone around again as a golden handshake on low wage, if he can't get up to play he will pull the pin and we have a PSD pick.

Reactions: 6 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Personally I trust Ceasers reports before anything in the media
Virtually every journalist is pushing their point of view now days

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Mitch Cleary Exclusive: Dylan Grimes struggling with an ongoing calf injury at Richmond. Very limited pre-season to this point.

**Have I not been saying this for about a month now in my training reports ;) , (yet nothing on RFC website injury report).
Yep. Sad to see but I think we could have another pre-season retirement like George last season.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Mitch Cleary Exclusive: Dylan Grimes struggling with an ongoing calf injury at Richmond. Very limited pre-season to this point.

**Have I not been saying this for about a month now in my training reports ;) , (yet nothing on RFC website injury report).
Think I forced your hand to disclose your observations once I tipped him favourite for the Brownlow Medal

• Haha

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Shouldve walked alongside Jack and Cotchin last year. Has nothing to prove champion of the club .
Not sure what the club and even he thought going into 2024
Time to reset under Yze and not turn the next 10 years into going in and out of rebuilds

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Thinking that Grimes has gone around again as a golden handshake on low wage, if he can't get up to play he will pull the pin and we have a PSD pick.

So you are saying only break glass in an emergency?

That's for Optimus I assume not our Caesarian section!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
With news of Grimes demise pretty clear now that Cleary has copied our very own Caesars writings, it poses an interesting outlook regarding our defence. With Balta seemingly moving forward, it positions our defence as a significantly changing area of our side this year.

Potentially we only go with 2 talls in Young and Gibcus, and then have either Brown or Bauer to go in with Vlastuin and Broad as our 5 talls / mids to partner with 2 half backs in Rioli and Short.

Its a good time to mix things up and bring younger players in, as they still have a significant amount of experience all around them. Vlastuin, Rioli and Short have all played over 150 games, and Broady has 126, so its a great time top bring the next group in to partner up with them, take their experience and then grow together.

I reckon Brown will probably get the nod in that defensive group, though Bauer is an option if they want someone a bit taller (depending on how tall Brown really is) or Tresize if we want to go another way.

Exciting times to see how our young cubs go through 2024.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
With news of Grimes demise pretty clear now that Cleary has copied our very own Caesars writings, it poses an interesting outlook regarding our defence. With Balta seemingly moving forward, it positions our defence as a significantly changing area of our side this year.

Potentially we only go with 2 talls in Young and Gibcus, and then have either Brown or Bauer to go in with Vlastuin and Broad as our 5 talls / mids to partner with 2 half backs in Rioli and Short.

Its a good time to mix things up and bring younger players in, as they still have a significant amount of experience all around them. Vlastuin, Rioli and Short have all played over 150 games, and Broady has 126, so its a great time top bring the next group in to partner up with them, take their experience and then grow together.

I reckon Brown will probably get the nod in that defensive group, though Bauer is an option if they want someone a bit taller (depending on how tall Brown really is) or Tresize if we want to go another way.

Exciting times to see how our young cubs go through 2024.
Bauer is having a very interrupted pre-season so far however.

Reactions: 1 user

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Fawcett and Colina not even mentioned during the injury wrap which is annoying, but that’s concerning for both 😞
IMG_5496.png

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Ohhh No! Adelaide's dreams have all gone down the drain this week, with the news
Little Riley Coleman Jones Thilthrope will miss 12 weeks.
Little Kano said he was going to have a break out year.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bastard curse gave us an ultimatum. Take the win with significant injuries or lose again with none.

*smile* this is sickening.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
The question must be asked, what do we do with always injured older players like prestia,Lynch.
Unless prestia stars ,then for me it's goodbye,good luck.
With Lynch yes he still a star,but it's going to be 2 years missed at a back ended 1.2 million per year.