Internal Memo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Internal Memo

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Ian Cambell on 3AW now trying to put out the flames from Neil Mitchell. Says the usual crap, Frawley is safe, blah blah. They live in fairyland at that club. Despite their confidence in Frawley they will cave into pressure. The business reality is Frawley continuing will screw Richmond even further down the toilet.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Well I don't want to hear some 'engineered' response from the Club, designed to appease me. I don't want to hear "yeah anh, it's time we stepped up to the plate for the supporters".

I want to see the players running through brick walls. I want to see a proud captain bust open a few packs (like Ricciuto or Voss). I want to see Fleming put a hard block on someone tagging Cogs, and then I want to see anyone from the opposition challenging Fleming to then have to take on the whole *smile* Team. I don't want to have to watch a dud like molloy play the game of his life without someone making him earn every *smile*' kick. I don't want to be reading all this nambie-pambie crap in that HS comic.

Hookes is an absolute tool...dines out on one Test hundred against Sri Lanka when they were hopeless, and running for Fitzroy for one season. Miller will p!ss him off pronto if he lightfingered the memo.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
It was denied that Hookes received it. Gerard Healy said it was supplied to them and they had no knowledge of the memo when they went to air. Hookes only read it out.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I thought radio up here in NSW was bad, but having found out that you Vics have to listen to a combination of Hookes and Healy... I can't stop laughing. Healy must be the most boring pseudo-intellectual mechanical knob I've ever seen in the media. As for Hookes - what a B-grade hack! He would have been lucky to play fifth drop for Tasmania in modern cricket.

As for the memo - well it's just pure Richmond isn't it?

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Skyfire said:
1. Any and ALL references to our members and supporters is nothing short of glowing. "Best," "Most loyal," "Most passionate," "…feel fortunate to play in front of/serve such a great support base…"There can be NO FURTHER REFERENCE TO LACK OF LOYALTY,`FICKLENESS,' OR `BANDWAGON.'

To me, this shows a distinct lack of affinity for the footy club and its supporters.

For some time now, I have felt that our Club has seen us as a 'necessary evil'.

How dare we expect more for our efforts than two finals appearances in two decades.

How dare we expect our players to play with passion, spirit and heart.

How dare we expect anything.

If any of you have seen and felt what we have, you could hope to understand us a little better.

If you think that by whispering sweet nothings in the ears of our supporters is going to sway them, you are seriously kidding yourselves.

The majority of our supporters live in the real world. We just wish our footy Club would join us.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Well spoken MC24. I suppose we get the chance to have a say in "the survey", but how much of that will be read by those that count ? And will they take any damn notice ?

P

PuntRoadRoar

yeah baby yeah !!!!!!!!

oh boy!!!! things are hotting up and its getting very exciting.

keep up the good work Richmond and i will renew my membership next year. LOL

diggler, laff, harry and co. looks like our hopes and dreams are starting to be fulfilled.

those 50 odd emails that Paul Maley recieves weekly were any of them from you guys? ;D

im so excited this is great news, i drove to work this morning with a huge smile.

ok now we want

1. danny fraudley to resign now he knows the truth that most tiger supporters dont want him.

2. the club gets rid of the whole bunch of duds that been holding us back for years.

P

PuntRoadRoar

oh yeah as for not using the term BANDWAGON, i think its more appropriate than ever

all aboard the sack d.fraudley express !!!!!!!

P

PuntRoadRoar

maybe there is something in the perth water shawry, but i do know there is definately something in adelaide water :p

but you know if we hit rock bottom at least we cant sink any lower.

I just find it hard to believe the club can leave something like that laying around, its a joke hence why we are a laughing stock again.......

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Very poor that these things get leaked.

Gees if Spuds been feeling the pressure lately and as Laff claims is thinking about resigning I wonder how he felt when he found out about his little phopar.

I too can't help but suspect that this was a very deliverate leak.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Leaked just in time for the footy show tonight ::).

Sounds like we are running a political party down there rather than a footy club :p. Reminds me of the Yes Minister episode whereby the Minister says "The ship of state is the only ship that leaks from the top and not the bottom".

My first thought when I heard the memo on the radio this morning was that Danny couldn't possibly now survive 'til next year. It's just too damaging and embarrassing.

MC24 said:
Skyfire said:
1. Any and ALL references to our members and supporters is nothing short of glowing. "Best," "Most loyal," "Most passionate," "…feel fortunate to play in front of/serve such a great support base…"There can be NO FURTHER REFERENCE TO LACK OF LOYALTY,`FICKLENESS,' OR `BANDWAGON.'

To me, this shows a distinct lack of affinity for the footy club and its supporters.

If you think that by whispering sweet nothings in the ears of our supporters is going to sway them, you are seriously kidding yourselves.

The majority of our supporters live in the real world. We just wish our footy Club would join us.

Well said MC.

This politic-speak is the BS that annoys me. Sure there are idiotic supporters (all clubs have them) but most of us can think for ourselves. We go to the matches as well as watch other non-Richmond games. We do know our footy. Just because we disagree with the official line on a certain issue (eg: the coach) doesn't mean we need to be "educated" or "sweet talked" out of it. Sucking up to us saying we're loyal and passionate doesn't alter things that really matter like the coaching staff not having a clue when it comes to modern footy strategy.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I cant help but compare Millers and Casey's support for Frawley to good old Bill Clinton. What did he say "I did not have a sexual relationship with that woman" ;D

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
ROFL diggler. ;D
Richmond if you treat the supporters like politicians treat people,the egg will come right back at your face.

aah 67-74 The Beatles,Led Zep and Richmond winning premierships.