Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

Not sold that English can be claimed as a scalp.... poor doggies ruck is cooked through workload

Starting to get a real connection with Shai. Some tapwork to him was outstanding.

Or Shai is just a freak ball magnet.

Both wins

Reactions: 1 users
Surprised this guy isn't getting more kudos. Dominating in the ruck, and has been huge with pressure around the ball, through tackling and second efforts.

Also, like last year, when Soldo starts to get ahead of his opponent, dusty also takes it to another level.

Dusty must love playing with him.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm a fan of his, but he was terrible tonight.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the rucks when Nankervis is fit.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a fan of his, but he was terrible tonight.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the rucks when Nankervis is fit.
Totally agree. Was awful - poor ruck work against players he should beat; dropped marks & no ground ball presence at all. Chol was terrible too - far too much variation between his best & worst.

Wasn't his best game, but he has been great over the last few weeks.

Needs to improve his contested marking to go to the next level IMO. He is tough and athletic but doesn't impact aerial marking contests enough.

He has credits in the bank and it would be a harsh call to drop him. But OTOH, Nank brings more aggression and around-the-ground presence that is missing from Soldo's game right now.

Nank has the agression and always get involved, crunches a few oppo players as well. Hopefully doesn't crunch Dusty again.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon Nank replaces Soldo. One lumbering ruckman is enough. It’s Nankcholervis time.

One thing Soldo has over Nank is tap work and I reckon Dusty and $hai really love roving to him. Interesting decision for the coaching staff, as Chol was a bit uneven tonight too.

I wasn't diggin his game at all. Did a bunch of dopey stuff. But he is massive so there's no chance he doesn't play v Natanui.