Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

CCJ has a foot issue, will be out for a couple of weeks.

Stress Fracture or an actual fracture whats the verdict?

If its a stress fracture that might well be his season from here

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Always seems like Soldo has to prove himself to a larger extent than Nank. Much prefer him to be honest, he is a legitimate ruckman not a tweener. Nank is more agile and better in traffic and obviously harder at it.

Stress Fracture or an actual fracture whats the verdict?

If its a stress fracture that might well be his season from here
I think Peter Burge said it was a small sress fracture and CCJ would be out for 2 weeks.

• Sad
I think Peter Burge said it was a small sress fracture and CCJ would be out for 2 weeks.

Thanks Ossie, might be a hotspot on the verge of becoming a stress fracture, hence a two week rest to let it settle. to see how it behaves..

I'm having trouble recalling whether it was CJ or MIller which one of the lads had foot issues for a while early doors I'm pretty sure it was CJ though and he missed the first hal;f of his first year through the same issuwes didnt he? Happy to be corrected though.

Big Richo or anyone else here can clear this up with the stress fractures for CJ in his first year.

No rush for Nank. Ports ruckman is very average, Ivan has been good for a while, he's allowed a bad game.

We still beat last weeks premiership favourites by 7 goals.

Thanks Ossie, might be a hotspot on the verge of becoming a stress fracture, hence a two week rest to let it settle. to see how it behaves..

I'm having trouble recalling whether it was CJ or MIller which one of the lads had foot issues for a while early doors I'm pretty sure it was CJ though and he missed the first hal;f of his first year through the same issuwes didnt he? Happy to be corrected though.

Big Richo or anyone else here can clear this up with the stress fractures for CJ in his first year.
No worries Craig. I know Ben Miller missed time last year with injury, not sure about CCJ's first year. This is the comment from Peter Burge:
"We had some not-so-good news with Callum late last week. He was feeling some pain in his foot and we went and got a scan and he's got a very minor stress reaction in his third metatarsal. We didn't need to put him in a boot and he's feeling better already. It should be a couple of weeks and then he can resume training."

No worries Craig. I know Ben Miller missed time last year with injury, not sure about CCJ's first year. This is the comment from Peter Burge:
"We had some not-so-good news with Callum late last week. He was feeling some pain in his foot and we went and got a scan and he's got a very minor stress reaction in his third metatarsal. We didn't need to put him in a boot and he's feeling better already. It should be a couple of weeks and then he can resume training."

Cheers Ossie good work ;)

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve loved his improvement and he has shouldered a heavy load. He looked cooked yesterday - couple fo decent head knocks didn’t help. His inability to hold marks when sitting in the hole hurt us. Needs a rest. Hopefully big Nank is ready.

I hope he's fit for the Suns. With Nank still unlikely and CCJ injured we're a bit thin for ruck stocks.

We need a ruck that can take a mark. That dud laddams was marking everything. Not calling for Soldos head yet but he better start to improve his marking. Unfortunately he doesn't know how to get into position is nearly almost too far under the flight or too far behind. Hope CCJ can develop physically as he knows how to read the flight

Yeah, Ivan’s been good, better than I thought he’d be but whilst he can hold his own against the lesser teams and the lesser rucks against the better teams and the better rucks he’s found wanting.

We need a ruck that can take a mark. That dud laddams was marking everything. Not calling for Soldos head yet but he better start to improve his marking. Unfortunately he doesn't know how to get into position is nearly almost too far under the flight or too far behind. Hope CCJ can develop physically as he knows how to read the flight
Add Peter Ladhams to the ever increasing list titled:
"Complete spuds that play the ONE great game of their life against Richmond"

He dropped too many sitters for a big man. Surely with his big manly hands he can cup the ball as if it was a tennis ball.

Add Peter Ladhams to the ever increasing list titled:
"Complete spuds that play the ONE great game of their life against Richmond"

Actually Ladhams has played some very good games this year. Looks like a real player. Had his lowest disposal count by a long way against the Tigers but stil managed 4 contested marks, 6 tackles and 10 contested possessions. I hope CCJ is heading on this trajectory.

Actually Ladhams has played some very good games this year. Looks like a real player. Had his lowest disposal count by a long way against the Tigers but stil managed 4 contested marks, 6 tackles and 10 contested possessions. I hope CCJ is heading on this trajectory.

This.
He beat English convincingly a couple of games ago. Very mobile, agile and with good skills.
Some media had Soldo in our bests yesterday. I thought he battled well.
Where we are failing miserably is taking advantage of his hit outs to advantage at centre clearances. We got flogged and conceded too many goals once trapped in their forward half from quick transitions.

Reactions: 3 users
Soldo's best game for a long time. Yeah he still looks banged up, it's been a mighty effort shouldering the bulk of the ruck work over the compressed rounds and I dare say Dimma and his teammates are well aware of that. Around 17 disposals last night and 19 hitouts. Some of his work feinting and handballing on the boundary line was Chol-like.

Even generously played the role of stepladder for Stewart and didn't complain

Reactions: 4 users
Soldo's best game for a long time. Yeah he still looks banged up, it's been a mighty effort shouldering the bulk of the ruck work over the compressed rounds and I dare say Dimma and his teammates are well aware of that. Around 17 disposals last night and 19 hitouts. Some of his work feinting and handballing on the boundary line was Chol-like.

Even generously played the role of stepladder for Stewart and didn't complain

Agree. He nearly got a vote from me. Reckon he may back up to take on Naitanui with Nank, and then he'll get a deserved break.

Reactions: 3 users