Ivan Soldo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ivan Soldo

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Soldo's best game for a long time. Yeah he still looks banged up, it's been a mighty effort shouldering the bulk of the ruck work over the compressed rounds and I dare say Dimma and his teammates are well aware of that. Around 17 disposals last night and 19 hitouts. Some of his work feinting and handballing on the boundary line was Chol-like.

Even generously played the role of stepladder for Stewart and didn't complain

He had an AFL career-high 17 disposals, career-high 12 contested possessions, career-high nine intercepts, and career-high 186 metres, to go with four marks, five clearances and game-high 19 hit-outs.

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
One of his best games for sure. Hope he's fighting fit for the NicNat battle this week.

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
He had an AFL career-high 17 disposals, career-high 12 contested possessions, career-high nine intercepts, and career-high 186 metres, to go with four marks, five clearances and game-high 19 hit-outs.

What? Only 2 tackles?

He's going soft!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Chol doesn't want it bad enough

it'll be Nando from now till we lift the cup

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
When Soldo and Chol play the way they did the other night, it brings to mind one of my favourite quotes:

Calvin Coolidge - “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

Footy is littered with unrewarded genius, and supremely talented but unsuccessful men.

Soldo. Lambert. Short. Castagna. Broad. Baker. Grimes.

Persistence and determination, that’s the lesson.

Reactions: 8 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
When Soldo and Chol play the way they did the other night, it brings to mind one of my favourite quotes:

Calvin Coolidge - “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

Footy is littered with unrewarded genius, and supremely talented but unsuccessful men.

Soldo. Lambert. Short. Castagna. Broad. Baker. Grimes.

Persistence and determination, that’s the lesson.

That's a great quote.

I reckon one of the greatest gifts you can give your kids is a recognition of the importance of working hard. I also reckon it's easier said than done!!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah the drop Soldo calls were bizarre. Another great game from the big galoot. And he's got his partner in crime back too.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Been a fan and a defender of Ivvy Jnr for a while, but this was a breakout game.

Towelled Naitanui. Absolutely towelled him.

In our top 3 players. Just outstanding.

Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Yeah the drop Soldo calls were bizarre. Another great game from the big galoot. And he's got his partner in crime back too.

Likewise the suggestion that he'd be “cooked” and need a week off
Improving in all parts of his game

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I have been a big critic of his but tonight he played superb! Completely nullified Nic Nat.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Best game. Thought his form dropped off a few weeks back, loved every part of his game tonight.
Nic Nat seems to be a ripper young man and a bloody good footballer, in saying that I still think his the most overratted Player by the media , I can remember , his good, but he don’t do a hell of a lot

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
does little things here and there - adding strings to his bow - great tonight , went beyond matching NicNats centre circle dance